아로마 발반사 마사지가 경증 치매노인의 수면, 우울 및 문제행동에 미치는 효과
The Effects of Aroma Foot Reflex Massage on Sleep, Depression and Problem Behaviors on Elderly with Dementia
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of aroma foot massage and reflexology on sleep, depression and problem behaviors on elderly with dementia. Methods: The study was a none equivalent control group pre-post test quasi-experimental design. The participants were 62 elderly with mild mentia. Using a coin toss, 31 participants were assigned to the experimental group and 31 to the control group. The aroma reflex foot massage comprised of aroma foot massage and foot reflexology. The intervention was conducted twice a week for six weeks. Results: There were significant differences in reported sleep and depression between the two groups. However, the issue of problem behaviors was not significant. Conclusion: Aroma reflex foot massage can be utilized as an effective intervention for sleep and depression in conjunction with drug therapy for the management of elderly with mild dementia.
- American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders DSM-IV-TR (4th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association.
- Battle, J. (1978). Relationship between selfesteem and depression. Psychological Reports, 42, 745-746.
- Brink, T. L., Yesavage, J. A., Lum, O., Heersema, P., Adey, M. B., & Rose, T. L. (1982). Screening tests for geriatric depression. Clinical Gerontologist, 1, 37-44.
- Buckle, J. (2003). Massage and aromatherapy massage: Nursing art and Science. International Journal of Palliative Nursing, 8 (6), 276-280.
- Burns, A., Byrne, J., Ballard, C., & Homes, C. (2002). Sensory stimulation in dementia: An effective option for managing behavioural problems. British Journal of Medical Psychology, 325, 1312-1313.
- Choi, M, O. (2004). The effect of aroma massage on stress in cancer patients receiving chemotherapy. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Choi, S. W. (2008). Effects of aromatherapy on behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 28, 1069-1087.
- Cooksley, V. G. (2001). Aromatherapy: A lifetime guide to healing with the essential oil. New Jersey: Prentice Hall Press.
- Finkel, S. (2000). Introduction to behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD). International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 15, S2-S4.
- Fitten, I. J. (2006). Editorial management of behavioral of 45 symptoms in dementia. The Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging, 10, 409.
- Holmes, C., & Ballard, C. (2004). Aroma therapy in dementia. Advanced in Psychiatric Treatment, 10, 296-300.
- Jang, S. H., & Kim, K. H. (2009). Effects of self-foot reflexology on stress, fatigue and blood circulation in premenopausal middle-aged women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 39, 662-672.
- Ji, H. Y., Choi, S. H., Cho, M. S., & Ju, R. A. (2003). The effects of the continuous dementia nursing intervention program on cognitive function and depression of the elderly with mild dementia in the community. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 6 (2), 216-227.
- Kim, E. J., & Kyong, B. S. (2008). The effects of foot reflexology on pain and quality of sleep in patients with terminal cancer. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 14, 33-44.
- Kim, K. A. (2003). Development of an assesment tool of problematic behaviors for institutionalized old people with dementia. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. M. (2006). Effect of aromatherapy and foot reflex massage on urine cortisol, stress, sleep, depression, blood pressure and pulse rate of the institutionalized elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungbook National University, Daegu.
- Kim, S. Y. (2004). Behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia. Korean. Dementia Association, 3 (1), 14-17.
- Lee, J. R. (2005). Effect of aromatherapy and foot reflex massage on stress, depression and sleep pattern of the institutionalized elderly. The Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 7, 17-30.
- Lee, S. Y. (2009). The effects of aroma inhalation and hand massage on dementia elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook University, Cheonan.
- Lin, P. W., Chan, W. C., Ng, B. F., & Lam, L. C. (2007). Efficacy of aromatherapy (Lavandula angustifolia) as an intervention for agitated behaviors in chinese older persons with dementia: A cross-over randomised trial. International Journal of Geriatriic Psychiatry, 22, 405-410.
- McCurry, S. M., & Ancoli-Isreal, S. (2003). Sleep dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Current Treatment Options in Neurology, 5 (3), 261-272.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2009). Dementia elderly population statistics. Retrieved February 10, 2011, from http://mohw.go.kr
- Moran, M., Lynch, C. A., Walsh, C., Coen, R., Coakley, D., & Lawlor, B. A. (2005). Sleep disturbance in mild to moderate Alzeheimer's disease. Sleep Medicine, 6, 347-352.
- Nam, J. J. (2008). Effects of aromatherapy and massage on sleep disturbance and problematic bahaviors on elderly with dementia. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Oh, W. Y., Jeon, E. S., & Lee, H. S. (2007). Foot care reflexology. Paju: Yangseowon.
- Oh, J. J., Song, M. S., & Kim, S. M. (1998). Development and validation of Korean sleep scale. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 28, 563-572.
- Park, H. A. (2004). Foot massage. Paju: Gimmyoung.
- Pauline, W. (1996). The reflexology manual; An easy-to-use illustrated guide to the healing zones of the hands and feet. New York: Healing Arts Press.
- Song, J. H. (2009). Effects of a robot pet-assisted program for elderly people with dementia. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 39, 562-573.
- Song, M. S., Kim, S. M., & Oh, J. J. (1997). Research and perspectives of gerontological nursing. Seoul: Seoul National University Press.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Kim, Ja Ok ; Kim, In Sook 2012. "Effects of Aroma Self-Foot Reflexology Massage on Stress and Immune Responses and Fatigue in Middle-Aged Women in Rural Areas" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지, 42(5): 709~718
- Kim, In Sook ; Yang, Hee Jeong ; Im, Eun Seon ; Kang, Hee Young 2013. "The Effects of Aroma Foot Reflex Massage on Mood States and Brain Waves in Women Elderly with Osteoarthritis" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 25(6): 644~654
- Lee, Sunyoung 2013. "Effects of Aromatherapy and Foot Reflex Massage on Emotion, Sleep Disturbance, and Wandering Behavior in Older Adults with Dementia" 재활간호학회지 = The Korean journal of rehabilitation nursing, 16(1): 9~17
- Choi, Mi Son ; Lee, Eun Ja 2015. "Effects of Foot-Reflexology Massage on Fatigue, Stress and Postpartum Depression in Postpartum Women" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지, 45(4): 587~594
저자의 다른 논문
- 2008 "대학 간 통합 웹기반 중환자간호실습 콘텐츠 개발 및 적용" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 20 (5): 778~790
- 2009 "여대생의 생활습관, 체성분 및 골밀도간의 관계" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 16 (3): 325~332
- 2010 "수술환자를 위한 동영상과 소책자를 활용한 자가통증조절장치 교육의 효과" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 17 (4): 498~507
- 2010 "요양시설 노인의 외로움에 영향을 미치는 요인" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 17 (3): 391~399
- 2010 "정유를 이용한 구강간호가 호스피스 대상자의 구강상태에 미치는 효과" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 40 (4): 473~481
- 2011 "시뮬레이션 실무학습 모듈 개발 및 팀역량 평가" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 18 (3): 392~400
- 2011 "시뮬레이션기반 응급간호교육을 받은 간호학생의 학업성취도와 자기효능감, 학습태도 및 수업만족도의 관계" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 17 (1): 5~13
- 2011 "EMLA 크림이 ampicillin sodium 항생제 피내반응검사에 미치는 효과" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 18 (1): 46~53
- 2011 "다발성골수종 환자의 건강증진행위에 영향을 미치는 요인" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 18 (2): 217~225
- 2012 "Effect of a Web-enhanced Clinical Practicum on Learning Outcome of Adult Nursing Practicum in Nursing Students" International journal of contents 8 (2): 36~42
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기