Fabrication of semi-transparent super-hydrophobic surface based on silica hierarchical structures
This study successfully develops a versatile method of producing superhydrophobic surfaces with micro/nano-silica hierarchical structures on glass surfaces. Optically transparent super hydrophobic silica thin films were prepared by spin-coating silica particles suspended in a precursor solution of silane, ethanol, and $H_2O$ with molar ratio of 1:4:4. The resulting super hydrophobic films were characterized by scanning electron microscopy (SEM), optical transmission, and contact angle measurements. The glass substrates in this study were modified with different particles: micro-silica particles, nano-silica particles, and hierarchical structures. This study includes SEM micrographs of the modified glass surfaces with hierarchical structures at different magnifications.
- K. Watanabe, Y. Udagawa and H. Udagawa, Drag reduction of Newtonian fluid in a circular pipe with a highly waterrepellent wall, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 381 (1999) 225-238.
- T. Kako, A. Nakajima, H. Irie, Z. Kato, K. Uematsu, T. Watanabe and K. Hashimoto, Adhesion and sliding of wet snow on a super-hydrophobic surface with hydrophilic channels, Journal of Materials Science, 39 (2004) 547-555.
- M. Miwa, A. Nakajima, A. Fujishima, K. Hashimoto and T. Watanabe, Effects of the surface roughness on sliding angles of water droplets on super-hydrophobic surfaces, Langmuir, 16 (2000) 5754-5760.
- L. Zhai, M. C. Berg, F. C. Cebeci, Y. Kim, J. M. Milwid, M. F. Rubner and R. E. Cohen, Patterned super-hydrophobic surfaces: toward a synthetic mimic of the Namib desert beetle, Nano Letters, 6 (2006) 1213-1217.
- X. F. Gao and L. Jiang, Water-repellent legs of water striders, Nature, 432 (2004) 36-36.
- W. Barthlott and C. Neinhuis, Purity of the sacred lotus, or escape from contamination in biological surfaces, Planta, 202 (1997) 1-8.
- L. Feng, S. H. Li, Y. S. Li, H. J. Li, L. J. Zhang, J. Zhai, Y. L. Song, B. Q. Liu, L. Jiang and D. B. Zhu, Super-hydrophobic surfaces: From natural to artificial Advanced Materials, 14 (2002) 1857-1860.
- S. Y. Yang, S. Chen, Y. Tian, C. Feng and L. Chen, Facile transformation of a native polystyrene film into a stable super-hydrophobic surface via sol-gel process, Chemistry of Materials, 20 (2008) 1233-1235.
- M. L. Ma, Y. Mao, M. Gupta, K. K. Gleason and G. C. Rutledge, Super-hydrophobic fabrics produced by electrospinning and chemical vapor deposition, Macromolecules, 38 (2005) 9742-9748.
- M. H. Jin, X. J. Feng, J. M. Xi, J. Zhai, K. W. Cho, L. Feng and L. Jiang, Super-hydrophobic PDMS surface with ultralow adhesive force, Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 26 (2005) 1805-1809.
- J. Y. Shiu, C. W. Kuo, P. L. Chen and C. Y. Mou, Fabrication of tunable super-hydrophobic surfaces by nanosphere lithography, Chemistry of Materials, 16 (2004) 561-564.
- R. Blossey, Self-cleaning surfaces-virtual realities, Nature Materials, 2 (2003) 301-306.
- C. H. Su, J. Li, H. B. Geng, Q. J. Wang and Q. M. Chen, Fabrication of an optically transparent super-hydrophobic surface via embedding nano-silica, Applied Surface Science, 253 (2006) 2633-2636.
- M. Yamanaka, K. Sada, M. Miyata, K. Hanabusa and K. Nakano, Construction of supehydrophobic surfaces by fibrous aggregation of perfluoroalkyl chain-containing organogelators, Chemical Communications, 21 (2006) 2248-2250.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기