Aerodynamic response analysis of wind turbines
Wind energy has received increasing attention in the same way as energy crisis and environmental deterioration. The aerodynamic response of wind turbines is the major problem in wind turbine design. Blade element momentum theory was used to study the aerodynamic thrusts of the blades on the tower. Iterative solutions were used to calculate the axial flow induction factor for each cross-section of the blades. The harmonic superposition method was used to simulate the fluctuating wind velocity time histories. The wind shear equation was used to calculate the mean wind velocities at different heights. Finally, the finite element method model was used to study the aerodynamic response of wind turbines under random wind loads. Results show that the top displacement of tower is increased accordingly by increasing the rotational speed of the blades. Hence, this should be considered in wind turbine design.
- Y. Zhao, L. Sha Hao and Y. P. Wang, Development strategies for wind power industry in Jiangsu Province, China Based on the evaluation of resource capacity [J], Energy Policy, 37 (2009) 1736-1744.
- T. Acjermann and L. Soder, Wind energy technology and current status: a review [J], Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, 4 (2000) 315-374.
- O. Kiyomiya, T. Rikiji and P. H. A. J. M van Gelder, Dynamic response analysis of on shore wind energy power units during earthquake and wind [C], Proceeding of the twelfth international offshore and polar engineering conference, Kitakyushu, Japan (2002) 520-526.
- C. J. Meyer and D. G. Kroger, Numerical simulation of the flow field in the vicinity of an axial fan blade [J], International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 36 (2001) 947-969.
- M. M. Duquette and K. D. Visser, Numerical implications of solidity and blade number on rotor performance of horizontal-axis wind turbine [J], Journal Solar Energy Engineering, 125 (4) (2003) 425-432.
- P. Giguere, M. S. Selig and J. L. Tangler, Blade design trade offs using low lift airfoil for stall regulated HAWTs [J], Journal Solar Energy Engineering, 121 (4) (1999) 217-223.
- K. Y. Maalawi and M. A. Badr, A practical approach for selecting optimum wind rotor [J], Renewable Energy, 28 (2003) 803-822.
- K. Y. Maalawi and M. T. S. Badawy, A direct method for evaluating performance of horizontal axis wind turbines [J], Renewable Substantial Energy Review, 5 (2001) 175-190.
- A. Varol, C. Ilkilic and Y. Varol, Increasing the efficiency of wind turbines [J], Journal Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 89 (2001) 809-815.
- V. H. Morcos, Aerodynamic performance analysis of horizontal axis wind turbines [J], Renewable energy, 4 (5) (1994) 505-518.
- E. Hoogedoorn, G. B. Jacobs and A. Beyene. Aero-elastic behavior of a flexible blade for wind turbine application: A 2D computational study [J], Energy, 35 (2) (2010) 778-785.
- P. D. Clausen, D. M. Piddington and D. H. Wood, An experimental investigation of blade element theory for wind turbines: Part 1. Mean flow results [J], Journal of wind engineering and industrial aerodynamics, 25 (1987) 189-206.
- A. Maheri, S. Noroozi and J. Vinney, Decoupled aerodynamic and structural design of wind turbine adaptive blades [J], Renewable Energy, 32 (2007) 1753-1767.
- I. Chopra and J. Dugundji, Non-linear dynamic response of a wind turbine blade [J], Journal of sound and vibration, 63 (2) (1979) 265-286.
- S. Naguleswaran, Lateral vibration of a centrifugally tensioned uniform Euler-Bernoulli beam [J], Journal of sound and vibration, 176 (5) (1994) 613-624.
- C. L. Lee, M. F. Al-Salem and T. G. Woehrle, Natural frequency measurements for rotational span wise uniform cantilever beams [J], Journal of sound and vibration, 240 (5) (2001) 957-961.
- I. Lavassas, G. Nikolaidis, P. Zervas, E. Efthimiou, I. N. Doudoumis and C. C. Baniotopoulos, Analysis and design of the prototype of a steel 1-MW wind turbine tower [J], Engineering Structures, 25 (8) (2003) 1097-1106.
- P. J. Murtagh, B. Basu and B. M. Broderick, Along-wind response of a wind turbine tower with blade coupling subjected to rotationally sampled wind loading [J], Engineering structures, 27 (2005) 1209-1219.
- M. Shinozuka, Simulation of multivariate and multidimensional random process [J], Journal of the Acoustical society of America, 49 (1) (1971) 357-367.
- M. Shinozuka and C. M. Jan, Digital simulation of random process and its application [J]. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 25 (1) (1972) 111-128.
- G. Deodatis, Simulation of ergodic multivariate stochastic process, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 122 (8) (1996) 778-787.
- R. W. Clough and J. Penzien, Dynamic of structures [M], Computers & Structures, Inc., Berkeley, USA (2003) 169-173.
- J. B. Liu and X. L. Du, Dynamics of structure [M], China Machine Press, Beijing, China (2005) 139-147.
- T. Kubota, M. Miura, Y. Tominaga and A. Mochida, Wind tunnel tests on the relationship between building density and pedestrian-level wind velocity: Development of guidelines for realizing acceptable wind environment in residential neighborhoods, Building and Environment, 43 (10) (2008) 1699-1708.
- R. S. Chandel and S. R. Bala, Effect of welding parameters and groove angle on the soundness of root beads deposited by the SAW process, Proc. of Trends in Welding Research, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA (1986) 479-385.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2014. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 28(6): 2215~2220
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기