Derivation and isomorphism identification of valid topological graphs for 1-, 2-DOF planar closed mechanisms by characteristic strings
A characteristic string approach is presented for derivation and isomorphism identification of valid topological graphs (TGs) for some 1, 2-DOF (degree of freedom) planar closed mechanisms from the contracted graphs (CGs). First, topological graph (TG) is simplified by the topology graph with digits (DTG) for the 1-, 2-DOF planar closed mechanisms. Second, the equivalent conditions between the characteristic string and DTG are determined and verified by some created simulation mechanisms of valid TGs, a complicated derivation of TG is transformed into an easy derivation of the characteristic string. Third, the valid characteristic strings are derived corresponding to non-isomorphic TGs, and the invalid characteristic strings corresponding to the isomorphic and invalid TGs are determined using the characteristic string. Finally, many valid characteristic strings for the 2-DOF planar mechanisms are derived from some valid characteristic strings for the 1-DOF planar mechanisms.
- W. J. Sohn and F. Freudenstein, An application of dual graphs to the automatic generation of the kinematic structures of mechanisms. ASME Design Engineering Technical Conference, Columbus, OH, USA, 1986.
- D. Vucinan and F. Freudenstein, Application of graph theory and nonlinear programming to the kinematic synthesis of mechanisms. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 26 (6) (1991) 553-563.
- L. W. Tsai, Mechanism Design: Enumeration of Kinematic Structures According to Function. CRC Press, 2001.
- T. L. Yang, Topology structure design of robot mechanisms. China Machine Press, Beijing, 2003.
- E. R. Tuttle, Generation of planar kinematic chains. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 31 (6) (1996), 729-748.
- R. C. Johnson, Mechanical design synthesis-creative design and optimize, Second Ed, Huntington, New York, 1987.
- Gogu, Grigore. Structural synthesis of parallel robots: part 1: methodology. Springer 2008.
- Y. Lu and T. Leinonen, Type synthesis of unified planar-spatial mechanisms by systematic linkage and topology matrix-graph technique. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 40 (10) (2005)1145-1163.
- P. Sardain, Linkage synthesis: Topology selection fixed by dimensional constraints, study of an example. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 32 (1) (1997) 91-102.
- H. S. Yan and C. H. Kang, Configuration synthesis of mechanisms with variable topologies. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 44 (5) (2009) 896-911.
- J. H. Herve, The Lie group of rigid displacements, a fundamental tool for mechanical design. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 34 (1999) 719-730.
- Pucheta Martin and Cardona Alberto. An automated method for type synthesis of planar linkages based on a constrained subgraph isomorphism detection. Multibody Syst Dyn, 18 (2) (2007) 233-258.
- Pucheta Martin A, Cardona Alberto. Synthesis of planar multiloop linkages starting from existing parts or mechanisms: Enumeration and initial sizing. Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, 36 (4) (2008) 364-391.
- Saxena Anupam and G. K. Ananthasuresh, A computational approach to the number of synthesis of linkages. ASME J of Mech Des, 125 (1) (2003) 110-118.
- A. Kawamoto, M. P. Bendse, O. Sigmund, Planar articulated mechanism design by graph theoretical enumeration. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 27 (4) (2004) 295-299.
- E. R. Tuttle and S. W. Peterson, Titus JE. Enumeration of basic kinematic chains using the theory of finite groups. ASME J Mech Transm Autom Des, 111 (4) (1989) 498-503.
- Hwang-Jin Lee and Yong-San Yoon, Automatic method for enumeration of complete set of kinematic chains, JSME Int J, Series C: Dynamics, Control, Robotics, Design and Manufacturing, 37 (4) (1994) 812-818.
- J. J Uicker Jr., A Raicu. A method for the identification and recognition of equivalence of kinematic chains. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 10(5) (1975) 375-383.
- A. C. Rao, An artificial neural network approach to mechanism kinematic chain isomorphism identification, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 37 (5) (2002) 549-551.
- L. Ding and Y, Lu, Character arrays representation and isomorphism identification of kinematic chain topology graphs, Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 46 (7) (2010) 63-67.
- Y. Lu and T. Leinonen, Synthesis and analysis of strokeincreasing and force-balancing mechanisms for rod pumping unit, ASME Journal of Energy Resource Technology, 124 (1) (2002) 14-19.
- J. Wu, J. S. Wang, T. M. Li and L. P. Wang, Analysis and application of a 2-DOF planar parallel mechanism. ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 129 (4) (2007) 434-437.
- J. Wu, J. S. Wang, T. M. Li and L. P. Wang, Performance analysis and application of a redundantly actuated parallel manipulator for milling, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 50 (2) (2007) 163-180.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2012. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 26(12): 4041~4046
- 2012. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 26(5): 1539~1546
저자의 다른 논문
- 2012 "Solving inertial wrench of parallel manipulators using CAD variation geometry" Journal of mechanical science and technology 26 (9): 2695~2703
- 2012 "Using characteristic strings to derive valid contracted graphs with hexagonal links plus other links for type synthesis of closed mechanisms" Journal of mechanical science and technology 26 (5): 1539~1546
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기