Textiles, Clothing & the Human Element
Years ago, anthropologists gave no attention to clothing and dress; but in the 1980s, a new research agenda was created placing the body surface at center stage (Tranberg-Hansen, 2004). Now culture is seen as a process created through agency, practice, and performance-no doubt, clothing very much has a human element. Just as important, we now understand that the globalization process has both local and global impact. Highest on this local/global interaction is the process of consumption. Certainly we are not surprised by this when we know that clothes may be inspired from France, tech-packed from New York, sourced from all over the world, produced in China, and sold in shops on the other side of the globe.
- Beach, J. L., Kincade, D. H., & Schofield-Tomschin, S.(2005). Human complexity: Development of a theoretical framework for the clothing and textile field. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 23(1), 29-44.
- Dow Chemical(2011). The human element. Retrieved August 19, 2011. from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3byt7xMSCA
- Edwards, E.(2003). Marriage and dowry customs of the Rabari of Kutch: Evolving traditions. In Foster, H. B. & Johnson, D. C.(Eds.), Weddings dress across cultures. Oxford: Berg, 67-84.
- Goffman, E. (2008). India and the path to environmental sustainability. Retrieved August 19, 2011 from http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/india/review6.php
- Hamilton, J. A.(1987). Dress as a cultural subsystem: A unifying metatheory for clothing and textiles. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 6(1), 1-7.
- Mauch, T. H.(2011). Retrieved August 4, 2011 from http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=13&articleid=20110109_13_A20_LOSANG875792
- Moreno, A., & Littrell, M.(2001). Negotiating tradition: Tourism retails in Guatemala. Annals of Tourism Research, 28(3), 658-685.
- Oscar de la Renta speaks about Ikat. You Tube. Retrieved January 31, 2012 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEiWPlgEnkE
- Roach-Higgins, M. E., & Eicher, J. B.(1992). Dress and identity. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 10(4), 1-8.
- Schneider, J.(1987). The anthropology of cloth. Annual Review Anthropology, 16, 409-48.
- Tranberg-Hansen, K.(2004) The world in dress: Anthropological perspectives on clothing, fashion and culture. Annual Review of Anthropology, 33, 369-392.
- Zhao, J.(2008). Fashioning change: The cultural economy of clothing in contemporary China. Retrieved August 19, 2011 from http://www.anthropology.pitt.edu/grad/research/zhaophd.html
- NDSL :
- 복식문화학회 : 저널
- KCI :
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기