유방암 생존자의 인조유방 사용경험
Experiences of the Use of External Breast Prosthesis among Breast Cancer Survivors in Korea
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the experiences of the use of external breast prostheses among breast cancer survivors in Korea. Methods: A qualitative descriptive study was conducted, using focus groups. Data were collected from breast cancer survivors who were patients of C women's hospital in Seoul, Korea. Data were analyzed using content analysis in order to identify significant themes. Results: Participants included forty breast cancer survivors who had mastectomy as a surgical treatment. Four themes emerged from the collected data were: 1) concern over the high price of external breast prosthesis, 2) irregular use of external breast prosthesis, 3) unsatisfied with mastectomy bra, and 4) wanting to hide or not to talk about using breast prosthesis openly. Conclusion: Since most participants reported irregular use and negative experiences related to external breast prosthesis or mastectomy bra use, healthcare workers should allow more time for proper fitting and counseling and consulting with breast cancer survivors. In addition, health care providers as well as family and friends should keep in mind that cancer survivors need support that can help them cope by using positive reframing. Furthermore, improvements in the coverage of costs and services are needed for these women. This would be helpful for breast prosthesis users.
- Baron, R. H. (2007). Surgical management of breast cancer. Seminars in Oncology Nursing, 23, 10-19.
- Baucom, D. H., Porter, L. S., Kirby, J. S., Gremore, T. M., Wiesenthal, N., Aldridge, W., et al. (2009). A couple-based intervention for female breast cancer. Psychooncology, 18, 276-283.
- Choi, H. S., & Lee, K. M. (2001). A study on the development of mastectomy bras and breast prosthesis. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 51, 5-18.
- Crumpton, G. (2010, November). Alabama passes post-mastectomy fitter licensure legislation. Business News. Retrieved December 20, 2011, from http://www.oandpbusinessnews.com
- Gallagher, P., Buckmaster, A., O'Carroll, S., Kiernan, G., & Geraghty, J. (2009). Experiences in the provision, fitting and supply of external breast prostheses: Findings from a national survey. European Journal of Cancer Care, 18, 556-568.
- Gallagher, P., Buckmaster, A., O'Carroll, S., Kiernan, G., & Geraghty, J. (2010). External breast prostheses in post-mastectomy care: Women's qualitative accounts. European Journal of Cancer Care, 19, 61-71.
- Gho, S. A., Steele, J. R., & Munro, B. J. (2010). Is bra discomfort a barrier to exercise for breast cancer patients? Support Care Cancer, 18, 735-741.
- Glaus, S. W., & Carlson, G. W. (2009). Long-term role of external breast prostheses after total mastectomy. Breast Journal, 15, 385-393.
- Hawkins, Y., Ussher, J., Gilbert, E., Perz, J., Sandoval, M., & Sundquist, K. (2009). Changes in sexuality and intimacy after the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Cancer Nursing, 32, 271-280.
- Healey, I. R. (2003). External breast prostheses: Misinformation and false beliefs. MedGenMed: Medscape General Medicine, 5, 36.
- Kim, J. H. (2004). The experience on life of women with mastectomy. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Kim, Y. L. (2010). The complexity of body image in post-mastectomy women and social support. Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 24, 129-147.
- Lee, D. H. (2011, December). Beauty to breast cancer survivors: Gwacheon 'Re-Mamma' project. Money Today. Retrieved January 20, 2012, from http://www.mt.co.kr
- Lee, I. J. (2002). A study on psychosocial needs of breast cancer patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lee, Y. S. (2007). Psychosocial experience in post-mastectomy women. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 59, 99-124.
- Lincoln, Y. S., & Guba, E. G. (1985). Naturalistic inquiry. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- Livingston, P. M., White, V., Roberts, S., Pritchard, E., Gibbs, A., & Hill, D. J. (2003). Access to breast prostheses via a government-funded service in Victoria, Australia. Experience of women and service providers. Evaluation Review, 27, 563-568.
- Livingston, P. M., White, V. M., Roberts, S. B., Pritchard, E., Hayman, J., Gibbs, A., et al. (2005). Women's satisfaction with their breast prosthesis: What determines a quality prosthesis? Evaluation Review, 29, 65-83.
- Losken, A., Fishman, I., Denson, D. D., Moyer, H. R., & Carlson, G. W. (2005). An objective evaluation of breast symmetry and shape differences using 3-dimensional images. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 55, 571-575.
- Mahon, S. M., & Casey, M. (2003). Patient education for women being fitted for breast prostheses. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 7, 194-199.
- McGhee, D. E., & Steele, J. R. (2010). Optimising breast support in female patients through correct bra fit. A cross-sectional study. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 13, 568-572.
- National Cancer Information Center. (2010). Breast Cancer: Treatment. Retrieved November 23, 2010, from http:// www. cancer.go.kr/ Accessed November 23, 2010.
- Roberts, S., Livingston, P., White, V., & Gibbs, A. (2003). External breast prosthesis use: Experiences and views of women with breast cancer, breast care nurses, and prosthesis fitters. Cancer Nursing, 26, 179-186.
- Rostkowska, E., Bak, M., & Samborski, W. (2006). Body posture in women after mastectomyand its changes as a result of rehabilitation. Advances in Medical Sciences, 51, 287-297.
- Rowland, J. H., Meyerowitz, B. E., Crespi, C. M., Leedham, B., Desmond, K., Belin, T. R., et al. (2009). Addressing intimacy and partner communication after breast cancer: A randomized controlled group intervention. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 118, 99-111.
- Scott, J. L., Halford, W. K., & Ward, B. G. (2004). United we stand? The effect of a couple-coping intervention on adjustment to early stage breast or gynecological cancer. Journal of Consulting & Clinical Psychology, 72, 1122-1135.
- Talley, A., Molix, L., Schlegel, R. J., & Bettencourt, A. (2010). The influence of breast cancer survivors' perceived partner social support and need satisfaction on depressive symptoms: A longitudinal analysis. Psychology & Health, 25, 433-449.
- The Korea Central Cancer Registry. (2012). National cancer registration & statistics 2009. Seoul: National Cancer Center & Ministry of Health & Welfare.
- World Health Organization. (2011). Breast cancer: The advantage of early detection. Retrieved October 4, 2011, from http://www.who.int/kobe_centre/mediacentre/en
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Rhee, YoungJu ; Lee, EunOk 2014. "An exploratory study on clothing benefits sought by breast cancer survivors" The Research Journal of the Costume Culture = 복식문화연구, 22(5): 823~833
- Lee, Eun-Ok ; Rhee, YoungJu 2016. "A Study of Multidimensional Body Image, Self-Esteem, and Clothing Benefits Sought -Focusing on Breast Cancer Survivors and Normal Women-" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology, 25(6): 775~786
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "대학생의 콘돔사용 태도 측정도구 개발" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 34 (5): 751~759
- 2004 "여성의 불임 경험 -체외수정 실패 경험자를 중심으로-" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 10 (2): 119~127
- 2005 "에이즈 감염인 사진전의 효과" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing 19 (2): 241~248
- 2006 "인지행동적 분노관리 프로그램이 군인의 자의식과 분노에 미치는 효과" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 36 (6): 1076~1084
- 2006 "미혼 여성의 응급피임약에 대한 인식" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 12 (2): 124~131
- 2006 "간호(사)법 제정정에 대한 인식 조사 연구" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration 12 (3): 355~364
- 2006 "종양 전문 간호사의 직무 분석" 종양간호학회지 = Journal of Korean oncology nursing 6 (1): 3~14
- 2006 "고혈압 무료 검진 행사에 참여한 중년의 건강상태와 건강증진 생활양식" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing 20 (1): 28~38
- 2006 "에이즈 교육 후 에이즈 관련 지식, 감염자 수용성 및 콘돔사용의도의 변화" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing 17 (3): 397~406
- 2007 "전문간호사를 위한 임상 전문실습교육프로그램 요구" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration 13 (4): 553~561
- NDSL :
- 여성건강간호학회 : 저널 > http://kjwhn.org/search.php?where=aview&id=10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.1.49&vmode=AR
- Synapse : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기