Effect of the amount of battery charge on tube voltage in different hand-held dental x-ray systems
Purpose : Hand-held dental x-ray system is a self contained x-ray machine designed to perform intraoral radiography with one or two hands. The issue about its usage as general dental radiography is still in dispute. The aim of the present study was to assess the relationship between the amount of battery charge and the tube voltage in different handheld dental x-ray systems. Materials and Methods : Seven hand-held dental x-ray units were used for the study. Tube voltage was measured with Unfors ThinX RAD (Unfors Instruments AB, Billdal, Sweden) for 3 consecutive exposures at the different amount of battery charge of each unit. The average and the deviation percentage of measured kV from indicated kV of each unit were calculated. Results : Tube voltage of only 1 unit was 70 kV (indicated by manufacturer) and those of the others were 60 kV. Tube voltage deviation percentage from the indicated kV at the fully charged battery was from 2.5% to -5.5% and from -0.8% to -10.0% at the lowest charged battery. Conclusion : Tube voltages of all units decreased as the residual amount of the battery charge decreased. It is suggested that the performance test for hand-held x-ray system should be performed for the minimum residual charged battery as well as the full charged one. Persistent battery charging is suggested to maintain the proper tube voltage of the hand-held portable x-ray system.
- Ohio Department of Health [Internet]. 3701:1-66-06 Dental radiation-generating equipment. [updated 2009 Apr 15; cited 2011 Aug 30]. Available from: http://www.odh.ohio.gov/ ASSETS/BE4ED49EB661492CA41902FCAA455F5A/Fr66_06.PDF.
- Oregon Public Health Division [Internet]. Oregon administrative rules: x-rays in the healing arts. [cited 2011 Aug 30]. Available from: http://public.health.oregon.gov/HealthyEnvi ronments/RadiationProtection/Documents/Rules/2011/106_pr oposed.pdf.
- Washington State Legislature [Internet]. Hand-held x-ray system. Chapter 246-225A WAC. Radiation safety and diagnostic image quality standards for dental facilities. [updated 2011 Sep 7; cited 2011 Nov 30]. Available from: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/ WAC/default.aspx?cite=246-225A&full=true#246-225A-085.
- Korean Food and Drug Administration [Internet]. Electromedical equipment standards. Diagnostic x-ray equipments; 2011 - [cited 2011 Aug 30]. Available from: http://www.kfda. go.kr/medicaldevice/index.do?nMenuCode=22.
- Korean Food and Drug Administration [Internet]. Regulation for the safety management of diagnostic x-ray equipments; 1995 - [cited 2011 Aug 30]. Available from: http://likms.assembly. go.kr/law/jsp/law/Main.jsp.
- CRCPD [Internet]. Suggested state regulations for control of radiations. Volume I. Part F. Diagnostic x-rays and imaging systems in the healing arts. [cited 2011 Aug 30]. Available from: http://www.crcpd.org/ssrcr.aspx.
- Van Dis ML, Miles DA, Parks ET, Razmus TF. Information yield from a hand-held dental x-ray unit. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 1993; 76 : 381-5.
- FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health [Internet]. Radiation safety considerations for x-ray equipment designed for hand-held use [cited 2011 Aug 30]. Available from: http:// www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/ GuidanceDocuments/ucm094345.htm.
- CRCPD [Internet]. Q.A. Collectible: hand-held dental x-ray units. [cited 2011 Aug 30]. Available from: http://www.crcpd. org/Pubs/QAs.aspx.
- Goren AD, Bonvento M, Biernacki J, Colosi DC. Radiation exposure with the NOMAD portable X-ray system. Dentomaxillofac Radiol 2008; 37 : 109-12.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Han, Won-Jeong 2012. "Absorbed and effective dose for periapical radiography using portable and wall type dental X-ray machines" 대한치과보철학회지 = The journal of Korean academy of prosthodontics, 50(3): 184~190
- Han, Won-Jeong 2012. "A absorbed and effective dose from the full-mouth periapical radiography using portable dental x-ray machine and panoramic radiography" 大韓齒科醫師協會誌 = The journal of the Korean dental association, 50(7): 420~430
저자의 다른 논문
- 1985 "진행성 전신 경화증에서의 구강악안면변화 - 문헌고찰 및 증례보고 -" 大韓齒科醫師協會誌 = The journal of the Korean dental association 23 (10): 875~879
- 1987 "치근단 염증성 병소의 방사선학적 고찰" 大韓齒科醫師協會誌 = The journal of the Korean dental association 25 (6): 525~529
- 1989 "법랑질저형성증과 함께 나타난 치근부 상아질이형성증 -문헌고찰 및 증례보고-" 齒科放射線 19 (1): 31~37
- 1989 "악관절 내장증의 진단에 있어서 관절조영술의 이용" 大韓齒科醫師協會誌 = The journal of the Korean dental association 27 (8): 703~708
- 1991 "구강내 방사선 소견과 전신질환" 大韓齒科醫師協會誌 = The journal of the Korean dental association 29 (3): 195~200
- 1992 "악관절 내장증의 임상 및 방사선학적 연구" 齒科放射線 22 (2): 351~364
- 1992 "악관절의 경두개 방사선사진에서 하악과두위 평가에 관한 연구" 齒科放射線 22 (1): 67~75
- 1993 "하악과두에 발생된 골연골증" 齒科放射線 23 (2): 373~378
- 1994 "방사선사진용 디지털 영상시스템의 정량적 평가에 관한 실험적 연구" 齒科放射線 24 (1): 137~147
- 1994 "CT 스캔 영상재구성과 개인용 컴퓨터를 이용한 영상 재형성과의 비교에 관한 연구" 齒科放射線 24 (2): 361~368
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5624/isd.2012.42.1.1
- 대한구강악안면방사선학회 : 저널 > http://isdent.org/search.php?where=aview&id=10.5624/isd.2012.42.1.1&vmode=AR
- Synapse : 저널
- PubMed Central : 저널
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기