여러 가지 뉴스벤더모델의 기대값 사이의 관계에 대한 견고한 추측
A Robust Conjecture on the Relationship among the Expected Profits of Various Newsvendor Models
The present study provides some extensions over a recent work in Won (2011) which investigates properties of the static newsvendor problem under a schedule involving progressive multiple discounts under the assumption that demand is given exogenously. Khouja (1995, 1996) formulated the extended versions over the classical newsvendor model with various discount policies including all-units discount and/or multiple discounts and found that the extended newsvendor models with discount schedules yield higher optimal expected profits than the classical newsvendor model with no-discounts. In this study, we establish a robust conjecture as a stronger statement than Khouja's findings with regard to the general relationship among the expected profits of newsvendor models in the sense that the conjecture holds for every order quantity as well as the optimal order quantity. The conjecture encourages the newsvendor facing quantity discounts to safely implement her own discounts policy to customer or accept quantity discounts offered by the supplier even if the optimal order quantity cannot be ordered due to additional restrictions such as budget or warehouse capacity constraints because the newsvendor models with quantity discounts always yield higher expected profit than the classic newsvendor model without quantity discounts regardless of the order quantity. Results from wide experiments with various probability distributions of demand strongly support our conjecture.
- Cachon, G. and C. Terwiesch, Matching Supply with Demand, 2nded., 2009, MaGraw-Hill/Irwin, New York.
- Dana, J.D. Jr. and N.C. Petruzzi, "The news-vendor model with endogenous demand," Management Science, Vol.47, No.11(2001), pp.1488-1497.
- Erlebacher, S.J., "Optimal and heuristic solutions for the multi-item newsvendor problem with a single capacity constraint," Production and Operations Management, Vol.9, No.3(2000), pp.303-318.
- Jucker, J.V. and M.J. Rosenblatt, "Single-period inventory models with demand uncertainty and quantity discounts : behavioral implications and a new solution procedure," Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, Vol.32, No.4(1985), pp.537-550.
- Khouja, M., "The newsboy problem under progressive multiple discounts," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.84, No.2(1995), pp.458-466.
- Khouja, M., "The newsboy problem with progressive retailer discounts and supplier quantity discounts," Decision Sciences, Vol.27, No.3(1996), pp.589-599.
- Khouja, M., "The single-period (news-vendor) problem : literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Vol.27, No.5(1999), pp.537-553.
- Khouja, M., "Optimal ordering, discounting, and pricing in the single-period problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Vol.65, No.2(2000), pp.201-216.
- Lau, H., "The newsboy problem under alternative optimization objectives," Journal of Operational Research Society, Vol.31, No.6(1980), pp.525-535.
- Lau, A. and H. Lau, "The newsboy problem with price-dependent demand distribution," IIE Transactions, Vol.20, No.2(1988), pp.168-175.
- Petruzzi, N.C. and M. Dada, "Pricing and the newsvendor problem : a review with extensions," Operations Research, Vol.47, No.2(1999), pp.183-194.
- Qin, Y., R. Wang, A.J. Vakharia, Y. Chen, and M.M.H. Seref, "The newsvendor problem : Review and directions for future research," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.213, No.2(2011), pp.361-374.
- Ward, S.C., C.B. Chapman, and J.H. Klein, "Theoretical versus applied models : the newsboy problem," Omega, Vol.19, No.4(1991), pp.197-206.
- Won, Y., "Some conjectures for the news-vendor problem under progressive multiple discounts," Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, Vol.36, No.3(2011), pp.27-43.
- Zhang, G., "The multi-product newsboy problem with supplier quantity discounts and a budget constraint," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.206, No.1(2010), pp.350-360.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기