Virtual 실행공동체의 진단 방법론 개발
Developing the Methodology for Diagnosing Virtual Community of Practice
Much of knowledge that can retain a company's competitive advantage remains within the organization. However, identifying, finding and leveraging knowledge in an organization is still problematic . Although knowledge is the key to success, it is simply too valuable to be left in an organization . The CoP (Community of Practice) within an organization is a practical way to manage knowledge in an organization as systematically as other critical assets in order to deploy and share it . However, research related with CoP, has focused on the value of CoP. Therefore, we developed not only a holistic and systematic method for understanding and assessing the current position of CoP but also a method for extracting the core strategies and CSFs of CoP based on performance evaluation. We developed strategies, CSF (Critical Success Factor) and PM (Performance Measure)s of CoP based on BSC (Balanced Scorecard) process. Specifically, CSFs and strategies of CoP were extracted based on maturity model and type of CoP. According to the procedure from the methodology to evaluate the performance of CoP, three different industrial cases were adopted to validate the evaluation methodology.
- Abran, A. and L. Buglion, "A multidimensional performance model for consolidating Balanced Scorecards," Advances in Engineering Software, Vol.34, No.6(2003), pp.339-349.
- APQC, Road map to knowledge management results：Stages of implementation, http://www.apqc.org, 2003.
- Banker, R.D., H.C. Janakiraman, and C. Konstans, "A balanced scorecard analysis of performance metrics," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.154, No.2(2004), pp.423-436.
- Bettoni, M., G.A. Endress, and R.S. Schneider, Communities of Practice. Univ. of Fachhochschule beider Basel, http://www.fhbb.ch/weknow/macro/A2002/kmp, 2002.
- Boynton, A.C. and R.W. Zmud, "An assessment of critical success factors," Sloan Management Review, Vol.25, No.4(1984), pp.17-27.
- Bremser, W.G. and L.F. White, "An experiential approach to learning about the balanced scorecard," Journal of Accounting Education, Vol.18, No.3(2000), pp.241-255.
- Brotherton, B. and J. Shaw, "Towards an identification and classification of critical success factors in UK hotels," International Journal of Hospitality Management, Vol.15, No.2(1996), pp.113-135.
- Brown, J.S. and P. Duguid, "Organizational Learning and Communities of Practice：Toward a Unified View of Working, Learning, and Innovation," Organization Science, Vol.2, No.1(1991), pp.40-57.
- Butler, T. and B. Fitzgerald, "Unpacking the systems development process：an empirical application of the CSF concept in a research context," The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol.8, No.4(1999), pp.351-371.
- Cambridge, D., S. Kaplan, and V. Suter, Community of Practice Design Guide, http://www.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/NLI0531.pdf, 2005.
- Cebeci, U., "Fuzzy AHP-based decision support system for selecting ERP systems in textile industry by using balanced scorecard," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.5(2009), pp.8900-8909.
- Chen, M., M. Huang, and Y. Cheng, "Measuring knowledge management performance using a competitive perspective：An empirical study," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.4(2009), pp.8449-8459.
- Cheng, E.W.L., H. Li, and L. Yu, "The analytic network process (ANP) approach to location selection：a shopping mall illustration," Construction Innovation：Information, Process, Management, Vol.5, No.2(2005), pp.83-97.
- Chu, M.T. and R. Khosla, "Index evaluations and business strategies on communities of practice," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 36, No.2(2009), pp.1549-1558.
- Chu, M.T., J.Z. Shyu, G.H. Tzeng, and R. Khosla, "Using non additive fuzzy integral to assess performance of organization transformation via communities of practice," IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. 54, No.2(2007a), pp.1-13.
- Chu, M.T., J.Z. Shyu, G.H. Tzeng, and R. Khosla, "Comparison among three analytical methods for knowledge communities group decision analysis," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.33, No.4(2007b), pp.1011-1024.
- Cranfield University, The Cranfield/Information Strategy Knowledge Survey：Europes State of the Art in Knowledge Management, The Economist Group, 1998.
- Crosby, P.B., Quality is free the art of making quality certain. New York：McGraw-Hill, 1979.
- Cross, R., T. Laseter, A. Parker, and G. Velasquez, "Using Social Network Analysis to Improve Communities of Practice," California Management Review, Vol.49, No.1(2006), pp.31-49.
- Fuglseth, A.M. and K. Grønhaug, "Theory-driven construction and analysis of cause maps," International Journal of Information Management, Vol.22, No.5(2002), pp.357-376.
- Gongla, P. and C.R. Rizzuto, "Evolving communities of practice," IBM Systems Journal, Vol.40, No.4(2001), pp.842-862.
- Gonzalez, L.M., R.E. Giachetti, and G. Ramirez, "Knowledge management centric help desk： Specification and performance evaluation," Decision Support Systems, Vol.40, No.1(2005), pp.389-405.
- Gooijer, J., "Designing a knowledge management performance framework," Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol.4, No.4(2000), pp.303-310.
- Grembergen, W.V., S.D. Haes, and I. Amelinckx, "Using CobiT and the Balanced Scorecard as Instruments for Service Level Management," Information Systems Control Journal, Vol.4(2003), pp.1-7.
- Guynes, C.S. and M.T. Vanecek, "Critical success factors in data management," Information and Management, Vol.30, No.4(1996), pp.201-209.
- Jeon, S. and Y. Kim, "Intent and attitude of knowledge sharing according type of CoP," Conference of the Knowledge Management Society of Korea, Vol.16(2006), pp.171-182.
- Kaplan, S.R. and R.D. Norton, The balance Scorecard-Measures that Drive Performance. Harvard Business Review, Boston, 1992.
- Kaplan, S.R., "Management accounting development of new practice and theory," Management Accounting Research, Vol.5, No.3/4 (1994), pp.247-260.
- Kaplan, S.R. and R.D. Norton, "Putting the Balanced Scorecard to Work," Harvard Business Review, Boston, 1996a.
- Kaplan, S.R. and R.D. Norton, "Using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System," Harvard Business Review, Boston, 1996b.
- Kaplan, R.S. and D.P. Norton, "The strategy-focused organization," Harvard Business School Press, Boston, 2001.
- Kaplan, R.S. and D.P. Norton, "Strategy maps ：Converting intangible assets into tangible outcomes," Harvard Business School Press, Boston, 2004.
- Kim, J., E. Suh, and H. Hwang, "A model for evaluating the effectiveness of CRM using the balanced scorecard," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol.17, No.2(2003), pp.5-19.
- Kodama, M., "Knowledge creation through networked strategic communities," Long Range Planning, Vol.38(2005), pp.27-49.
- Lave, J. and E. Wenger, "Situated Learning： Legitimate Peripheral Participation," Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, 1991.
- Marciniak E., "The usage of The Balanced Scorecard in the quality management according to requirements in ISO 9001：2000 standard," Quality Problems, (2002), p.8
- Martinsons, M., R. Davison, and D. Tse, The balanced scorecard：a foundation for the strategic management of information systems," Decision Support Systems, Vol.25(1999), pp. 25-36.
- Maslow, A.H., "A theory of human motivation. Psychological Review," Vol.50, No.4(1943), pp. 370-396.
- McDermott, R., "Community development as a natural step," Knowledge Management Review, Vol.3, No.5(2000), pp.15-20.
- McDermott, R., "Measuring the impact of communities," Knowledge Management Review, Vol.5, No.2(2002), pp.25-30.
- Michalska, J., "The usage of The Balanced Scorecard for the estimation of the enterprise's effectiveness," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, (2005), pp.162-163, 751-758
- Oh, Y.S., E.H. Suh, J.Y. Hong, and H.S. Hwang, "A feasibility test model for new telecom service development using MCDM method： A case study of video telephone service in Korea," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.3(2009), pp.6375-6388.
- Olve, N., J. Roy, and M. Wetter, Performance Drivers, Biddles Ltd, 1999
- Osterloh, M. and B.S. Frey, "Motivation, Knowledge Transfer, and Organizational Forms," Organization Science, Vol.11, No.5(2000), pp. 538-550.
- Papalexandris, A., G. Ioannou, G. Prastacos, and K.E. Soderquist, "An Integrated Methodology for Putting the Balanced Scorecard into Action," European Management Journal, Vol. 23, No.2(2005), pp.214-227.
- Raghunathan, T.S., Y.P. Gupta, and P.S. Sundararaghavan, "Assessing the impact of IS executives' critical success factors on the performance of IS organizations," Information and Management, Vol.17, No.3(1989), pp.157-168.
- Repiso, L.R., R. Setchi, and J.L. Salmeron, "Modelling IT projects success：Emerging methodologies reviewed," Technovation, Vol.27, No.10(2007), pp.582-594.
- Rockart, J.F., "Chief executives define their own data needs," Harvard Business Review, Vol.57(1979), pp.81-93.
- Salmela, H. and T.A.M. Spil, "Dynamic and emergent information systems strategy formulation and implementation," International Journal of Information Management, Vol.22, No.6(2002), pp.441-460.
- Siemens, Knowledge management maturity model(KM MM), www.w4.siemens.de/ct/en/technologies/ic/beispiele/kmmm.html, 2004.
- Sohn, S.Y., H.S. Kim, and T.H. Moon, "Predicting the financial performance index of technology fund for SME using structural equation model," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.32(2007), pp.890-898.
- Straub, D.W., D.L. Hoffman, and B.W. Weber, "Measuring e-Commerce in Net-Enabled Organizations： An Introduction to the Special Issue," Information System Research, Vol.13, No.2(2002), pp.115-124.
- Storck, J. and P.A. Hill, "Knowledge Diffusion through Strategic Communities," MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol.41, No.2(2000), pp. 63-74.
- Teng, J.T.C., V. Grover, and K.D. Fiedler, "Developing strategic perspectives on business process reengineering：From process reconfiguration to organizational change," Omega, Vol. 24, No.3(1996), pp.271-294.
- Veen-Dirks, P.V. and M. Wijn, "Strategic Control：Meshing Critical Success Factors with the Balanced Scorecard," Long Range Planning, Vol.35, No.4(2002), pp.407-427.
- Verburg, R.M. and J.H.E. Andriessen, "The Assessment of Communities of Practice," Knowledge and Process Management, Vol.13, No.1(2006), pp.13-25.
- Wenger, E., "Communities of practice：Learning as a social system," The Systems Thinker, Vol.9, No.5(1998), pp.2-3.
- Wenger, E., R. McDermott, and W.M. Snyder, "Cultivating Communities of Practice," Harvard Business School Press, Cambridge, MA, 2002.
- Wenger, E. and W. Snyder, "Communities of Practice：The Organizational Frontier," Harvard Business Review, Vol.78, No.1(2000), pp. 139-145.
- Xue, Y., H. Liang, W.R. Boulton, and C.A. "Snyder, ERP implementation failures in China ：Case studies with implications for ERP vendors," International Journal of Production Economics, Vol.97, No.3(2005), pp.279-295.
- Yuksela, ？. and M. Dagdeviren, Using the analytic network process (ANP) in a SWOT analysis-A case study for a textile firm, Information, 2007.
- 홍종의, 김성진, 김준영, "Extracting the critical performance measures of CoP," 경영과학회 추계학술대회, 2011.
- Smits, M. and A. Moor, "Effective knowledge management in knowledge intensive organizations. Proceedings Organizational Knowledge," Learning and Capabilities Congress, Innsbruck, 2004.
- Yoo Y. and S. Lee, "실천공동체(CoP) 성과평가 기준 개발," 교육정보미디어연구, 제10권, 제1호 (2004).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Lee, Eun-Chul ; Choi, Moon-Sun 2015. "Analysis on Research Trends and Factor of Success to Communities of Practice in Korea" 한국콘텐츠학회논문지 = The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15(3): 438~447
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기