TQM이 서비스 접점 종업원의 태도와 서비스 수행에 미치는 영향:의료서비스산업을 대상으로
The Effect of Total Quality Management on Service Encounter Employees' Attitude and Service Performance
Service Encounter employees play a crucial role in service delivery and building relationships with customers and their attitudes and behaviors towards customers determine customers' perceived service quality and satisfaction. Past research indicates that TQM managerial practices are a critical determinant of employee's attitude and performance in the workplace. Therefore, this study investigates a model examining the relationship among TQM, employees' attitude and service performance in a hospital. Our measurement results were acceptable in terms of reliability and validity. The statistical testing shows significance on the positive relationship in the sequential order of TQM, employee's attitude and service performance. In conclusion, the theoretical and practical implications of this study were discussed, along with its limitations.
- 윤경일, "병원의 서비스 개선 우선순위 설정을 위한 IPA 적용", 병원경영학회지, 제14권, 제2호(2009), pp.21-40.
- 윤만희, "서비스 종업원의 교환관계 확장이 직무 관련 태도와 서비스 수행에 미치는 영향", 마케팅연구, 제24권, 제2호(2009), pp.51-79.
- 정승환, 이돈희, "TQM 활동이 업무수행 지원에 대한 종업원만족도 및 경영성과에 미치는 영향", 서비스경영학회지, 제6권, 제1호(2005), pp.57-84.
- 최성용, 정해경, "의료기관의 소유형태, 지리적 위치 및 리더십 유형이 TQM 성과에 미치는 영향", 품질경영학회지, 제28권, 제1호(2000), pp.151-174.
- Alexandrov, A., E. Babakus, and U. Yavas, "The effects of perceived management concern for frontline employees and customers on turnover intentions moderating role of employment status," Journal of Service Research, Vol.9, No.4(2007), pp.356-371.
- Anderson, J.C. and E.W. Gerbing, "Structural equation modeling in practice：A review and recommended two-step approach," Psychological bulletin, Vol.103, No.3(1988), pp.411-423.
- Ashill, N.J., M. Rod, and J. Carruthers, "The effect of management commitment to service quality on frontline employees' job attitudes, turnover intentions and service recovery performance in a new public management context," Journal of Strategic Marketing, Vol.16, No.5(2008), pp.437-462.
- Babakus, E., U. Yavas, O. Karatepe, and T. Avci, "The effect of management commitment to service quality on employees' affective and performance outcomes," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.31, No.3(2003), pp.272-286.
- Bateson, J., "Consumer performance and quality in services," Managing Service Quality, Vol.12, No.4(2002), pp.206-209.
- Berry, L., On Great Service：A Framework for Action, NY：The Free Press, 1995.
- Bettencourt, L.A. and S.W. Brown, "Contract employees：Relationships among workforce fairness, job satisfaction and prosaical service behavior," Journal of Retailing, Vol.73, No.3(1997), pp.39-61.
- Bienstock, C.V., C.W. DeMoranville, and R. K. Smith, "Organizational citizenship behavior and service quality," Journal of Service Marketing, Vol.17, No.4(2003), pp.357-378.
- Brooks, A. and G. Zeitz, "The effects of total quality management and perceived justice on organizational commitment of hospital nursing staff," Journal of Quality Management, Vol.4, No.1(1999), pp.69-93.
- Churchill, G.A., N.M. Ford, and O.C. Walker, "Measuring the job satisfaction of industrial salesmen," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.11, No.3(1974), pp.254-260.
- Dean, J.W. and D.E. Bowen, "Management theory and total quality：Improving research and practice through theory development," Academy of Management Review, Vol.19, No.3(1994), pp.392-418.
- Deming, W.E., Out of the Crisis, MA：Center for Advanced Engineering Study, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1986.
- Fisk, R.P., S.W. Brown, and M.J. Bitner, "Tracking the evaluation of the service marketing literature," Journal of Retailing, Vol. 69, No.1(1993), pp.61-103.
- Fitzsimmons, J.A. and M.J. Fitzsimmons, Service Management, NY：Mcgraw-Hill, 2011.
- Fornell, C. and D.F. Larcker, "Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.18, No.1(1981), pp.39-50.
- Gil, I., G. Berenguer, and A. Cervera, "The role of service encounters, service value, and job satisfaction in achieving customer satisfaction in business relationships," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.37(2008), pp.921-939.
- Grant, R.M., R. Shani, and R. Krishnan, "TQM's challenge to management theory and practice," Sloan Management Review, Vol.35, No.2(1994), pp.25-35.
- Hair, Jr. J.F., W.C. Black, B.J. Babin, R.E. Anderson, and R.L. Tatham, Multivariate Data Analysis, NJ：Pearson Prentice Hall, 2006.
- Hart, C., J. Heskett, and W.E. Sasser, Jr., "The profitable art of service recovery," Harvard Business Review, Vol.68, No.4(1990), pp.148-156.
- Hartline, M.D. and O.C. Ferrell, "The management of customer-contract service employer： An empirical investigation," Journal of Marketing, Vol.60, No.4(1996), pp.52-70.
- Hartline, M.D., J.G. Maxham, and D.O. Mc-Kee, "Corridors of influence in the dissemination of customer-oriented strategy to customer contact service employees," Journal of Marketing, Vol.64, No.2(2000), pp.35-50.
- Hatcher, L., A Step by Step Approach to Using SAS for Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Modeling, NC：SAS Publishing, 2003.
- Heskett, J.L., T.O. Jones, G.W. Loveman, W.E. Sasser, and L.A. Schlesinger, "Putting the service-profit chain to work," Harvard Business Review, Vol.72, No.2(1994), pp.164-174.
- Heskett, J.L., W.E. Sasser, and L.A. Schlesinger, The Service Profit Chain：How Leading Companies Link Profit and Growth to Loyalty, Satisfaction, and Value, NY：Free Press, 1997.
- Hu, L. and P.M. Bentler, "Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis ：conventional criteria versus new alternatives," Structural Equation Modeling, Vol.6, No.1(1999), pp.1-55.
- Hung, R.Y., B.Y. Lien, S.C. Fang, and G.N. McLean, "Knowledge as a facilitator for enhancing innovation performance through total quality management," Total Quality Management, Vol.21, No.4(2010), pp.425-438.
- Liao, H. and A. Chuang, "A multilevel investigation of factors influencing employee service performance and customer outcomes," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.47, No.1(2004), pp.41-58.
- Locke, E.A., "What is job satisfaction?," Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Vol.4, No.4(1969), pp.309-336.
- Lorenzoni, N. and B.R. Lewis, "Service recovery in the airline industry：A cross-cultural comparison of the attitudes and behaviours of British and Italian frontline personnel," Managing Service Quality, Vol.14, No.1(2004), pp.11-25.
- Magnini, V., J. Ford, E. Markowski, and E. Honeycutt, Jr., "The service recovery paradox： Justifiable theory or smoldering myth?," Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.21, No.3 (2007), pp.213-225.
- McCollough, M., L. Berry, and M. Yadav, "An empirical investigation of customer satisfaction after service failure and recovery," Journal of Service Research, Vol.3, No.2(2000), pp.121-137.
- Meyer, J.P. and N.J. Allen, "Testing the "side-bet theory" of organizational commitment： Stone methodological considerations," Journal of applied Psychology, Vol.69(1984), pp.372-378.
- Mohr, L. and M.J. Bitner, "The role of employee effort and satisfaction with service transactions," Journal of Business Research, Vol.32(1995), pp.239-252.
- Morgan, R. and S. Hunt, "The commitmenttrust theory of marketing relationships," Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, No.3(1994), pp. 20-38.
- Mowday, R.T., R.M. Steer, and L.W. Porter, "The measurement of organization commitment," Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol.14 (1979), pp.227-247.
- Netemeyer, R.G., J.S. Boles, D.O. McKee, and R. McMurrian, "An investigation into the antecedents of organizational citizenship behaviors in personal selling context," Journal of Marketing, Vol.61, No.3(1997), pp.85-98.
- Oliver, R., "Cognitive, affective, and attribute bases of the satisfaction response," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.20, No.1(1993), pp.418-430.
- Powell, T.C., "Total quality management as competitive advantage：A review and empirical study," Strategic Management Journal, Vol.16(1995), pp.15-37.
- Saraph, J.V., P.G. Benson, and R.G. Schroeder, "An instrument for measuring the critical factors of quality management," Decision Sciences, Vol.20, No.4(1989), pp.811-829.
- Schneider, B. and D.E. Bowen, Winning the Service Game, MA：Harvard Business School Press, 1995.
- Sila, I., "Examining the effects of contextual factors on TQM and performance through the lens of organizational theories：An empirical study," Journal of Operations Management, Vol.25, No.1(2007), pp.83-109.
- Tanriverdi, H. and N. Venkatraman, "Knowledge relatedness and the performance of multibusiness firms," Strategic Management Journal, Vol.26(2005), pp.97-119.
- Yanamandram, V. and L. White, "Switching barriers in business-to-business services： A qualitative study," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.17, No.2(2006), pp.158-192.
- Yoon, M., S. Beathy, and J. Suh, "The effect of work climate on critical employee and customer outcomes：An employee level analysis," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.12, No.5(2001), pp. 500-522.
- Zeitz, G., R. Johannesson, and E. Ritchie, Jr., "An employee survey measuring total quality management practices and culture：Development and validation," Group and Organization Management, Vol.22(1997), pp.414-444.
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기