파티클군집최적화 방법을 적용한 위치관리시스템 최적 설계
Optimal Design of Location Management Using Particle Swarm Optimization
Location area planning (LAP) problem is to partition the cellular/mobile network into location areas with the objective of minimizing the total cost in location management. The minimum cost has two components namely location update cost and searching cost. Location update cost is incurred when the user changes itself from one location area to another in the network. The searching cost incurred when a call arrives, the search is done only in the location area to find the user. Hence, it is important to find a compromise between the location update and paging operations such that the cost of mobile terminal location tracking cost is a minimum. The complete mobile network is divided into location areas. Each location area consists of a group of cells. This partitioning problem is a difficult combinatorial optimization problem. In this paper, we use particle swarm optimization (PSO) to obtain the best/optimal group of cells for 16, 36, 49, and 64 cells network. Experimental studies illustrate that PSO is more efficient and surpasses those of precious studies for these benchmarking problems.
- 김성수, 김형준, 김기동, "개미군 최적화 방법을 이용한 Location Area Planning", 경영과학, 제25권, 제2호(2008), pp.73-80.
- 장시환, 김성수, 김형중, "Particle Swarm Optimization(PSO)의 개선된 해 표현방법을 이용한 Location Area Planning", 전자공학 학술대회, 2010.
- Taheri, J. and A.Y. Zomaya, "A Simulated Annealing approach for mobile location management," Computer Communications, Vol. 30(2007), pp.714-730.
- Bhattacharjee, P.S., D. Saha, and A. Mukherjee, "An Approach for Location Area Planning in a Personal Communication Services Network," IEEE Trans. On Wireless Communications, Vol.3, No.4(2004), pp.1176-1187.
- Hac, A. and S. Zhou, "Locating strategies for personal communication networks：A novel tracking strategy," IEEE J. Selected Areas in Comm., Vol.15(1997), pp.1425-1436.
- Demirkol, I., C. Ersoy, M.U. Caglayan, and H. Delic, "Location Area Planning and cellto-switch assignment in cellular networks," IEEE Trans. On wireless communications, Vol.3, No.3(2004), pp.880-890.
- Merchant, A. and B. Sengupta, "Assignment of Cells to Switches in PCS Networks," IEEE/ACM Trans. On Networking, Vol.3, No.5(1995), pp.521-526.
- Menon, S. and R. Gupta, "Assigning Cells to Switches in Cellular Networks by Incorporating a Pricing Mechanism Into Simulated Annealing," IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B：Cybernetics, Vol.34, No.1(2004). pp.558-565.
- Pierre, S. and Houeto, "Assigning Cells to Switches in Cellular Mobile Networks Using Taboo Search," IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B：Cybernetics, Vol.32, No.3(2002), pp.351-356.
- Kennedy and Eberhart, "A Discrete Binary Version of the Particle Swarm Algorithm," IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Computational Cybernetics and Simulation, 1997.
- Quintero, A. and S. Pierre, "Evolutionary approach to optimize the assignment of cells to switches in personal communication networks," Computer Communications, Vol.26 (2003), pp.927-938.
- Subrata, R. and A.Y. Zomaya, "A comparison of three artificial life techniques for reporting cell planning in Mobile Computing," IEEE Trans. Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol.14, No.2(2003), pp.142-153.
- Almeida-Luz, S.M., M.A. Vega-Rodriguez, J.A. Gomez-Pulido, and J.M. Sanchez-Perez, "Differential evolution for solving the mobile location management," Applied Soft Computing, Vol.11, No.1(2011), pp.410-427.
- Toril, M. and M. Wille, "Optimization of the assignment of base stations to base stations controllers in GERAN," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol.12, No.6(2008), pp.477-479.
- Toril, M., M. Wille, S. Luna-Ramirez, and K. Jarvinen, "Network performance model for location area re-planning in GERAN," Computer Networks, Vol.55(2011), pp.2791-2802.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, Sung-Soo ; Byeon, Ji-Hwan 2016. "Cell Grouping Design for Wireless Network using Artificial Bee Colony" 산업경영시스템학회지 = Journal of society of Korea industrial and systems engineering, 39(2): 46~53
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기