간호사의 일-가정 양립: 젠더 관점
Nurses' Work-family Balance: The Gender Perspectives
Purpose: This study was conducted to explore the perspectives of gender and role in the family for nurses' work-family balance. Method: Data were collected through in-depth interviews with 14 married nurses having children, who were selected through convenience sampling and purposive sampling from November 1, 2011 to January 20, 2012. The data were analyzed using qualitative thematic analysis. Results: The common themes resulted from data analysis included following traditional gender roles, giving up any expectation of spouse's role, coordinating the division of family roles, and refusing to stick to gender roles. The age of nurse, family background of husband, and social-economic contexts were essential to explain the couple dynamics. Conclusions: Nurses who received private family support were stably leading a work-family balance, yet unable to change the gender structure of spouse for the work-family balance. On the other hand, young nurses who were unable to get any support, had a tendency of cooperating with their spouses and adopting more negotiable and pragmatic approach to work-family balance.
- Takeuchi, T., & Yamazaki, Y. (2010). Relationship between work-family conflict and a sense of coherence among Japanese registered nurses. Japan Journal of Nursing Science, 7(2), 158-168.
- Yoo, G. S. (2010). Effects of the division of household labor on wives' work-family spillover and marital satisfaction in dual-earner families. The Journal of Asian Women, 49(1), 41-70.
- Zu, S. J. (2011, April 14). Korean man is last 1 hour works one day with household chore. The Dong-A, p. A22
- Grzywacz, J. G., Frone, M. R., Brewer, C. S., & Kovner, C. T. (2006). Quantifying work-family conflict among registered nurses. Research in Nursing & Health, 29(5), 414-426.
- Hammer, L. B., Bauer, T. N., & Grandey, A. A. (2003). Work-family conflict and work-related withdrawal behaviors. Journal of Business and Psychology, 17, 419-436.
- Keene, J. R., & Quadagno, J. (2004). Predictors of perceived work-family balance: Gender difference or gender similarity?, Sociological Perspectives, 47(1), 1-23.
- Killien, M. G. (2004). Nurses' health: work and family influences. Nursing Clinics of North America, 39, 19-35.
- Kim, H. K. (2007). The articulation of work and family in Korea: A study on the women's work experiences since 1960's. Issues in Feminism, 7(2), 37-82.
- Kim, I. S. (2009). Job sharing example of work-family balance type: Working condition of nurse manpower in medium and small-sized hospital. Monthly Work Review, May, 16-26.
- Kim, N., & Kwon, T. (2009). The relation between work-family balance and quality of life for married women. The Women's Studies, 76(1), 43-70.
- Lagerstrom, M., Josephson, M., Arsalani, N., & Fallahi-Khoshknab, M. (2010). Striving for balance between family and work demands among Iranian nurses. Nursing Science Quarterly, 23(2), 166-172.
- Lee, H. J. (2010). Influence of employed mothers' work satisfaction on family income and division of household labor, marital satisfaction and work-family balance. Korean Journal of 21Century Social Welfare, 7(1), 77-102.
- Lee, J. H., & Lee, E. H. (2000). The moderating effect of coping strategies upon multiple role conflicts and depression within dual employed couples. Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 5(2), 287-303.
- Lee, K. M., & Kim, Y. H. (2007). The determinants of work-family conflict among married teachers. The Journal of Educational Administration, 25(3), 219-241.
- Lincoln, Y. S., & Guba, E. G. (1985). Naturalistic inquiry. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- Mescher, S., Benschop, Y., & Doorewaard, H. (2010). Representations of work-life balance support. Human Relations, 63(1), 21-39.
- Park, J. (2003). Role gratification and strain of East Asian married women graduate students and American married women graduate students: Related to gender role resocialization of east Asian married women graduate students. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 41(6), 29-45.
- Park J. (2007). Gender, work-family balance. Seoul: Gusang Publishing Company.
- Reece, K. T., Davis, J. A., & Polatajko, H. J. (2009). The representations of work-life balance in Canadian newspapers. Work, 32, 431-442.
- Sohn, S. Y. (2005). Labor experiences and dilemma of highly-educated professional women in Korea. Journal of the Korean Women's Studies, 21(3), 67-97.
- Allen, T. D., Herst, D. E., Bruck, C. S., & Sutton, M. (2000). Consequences associated with work-to family conflict: A review and agenda for future research. Journal of Occupational Helath Psychology, 5, 278-308.
- Baumann, S. L. (2010). Balancing life as a nurse in Iran. Nursing Science Quarterly, 23(2), 164-165.
- Bianchi, S. M., Milkie, M. A., Sayer, L. C., & Robinson, J. P. (2000). 'Is anyone doing the housework? Trends in the gender division of household labor', Social Forces, 79(1), 191-228.
- Bianchi, S. M., & Milkie, M. A. (2010). Work and family research in the first decade of the 21st century. Journal of Marriage and Family, 72, 705-725.
- Bittman, M., England, P., Folbre, N., Sayer, L. C., & Matheson, G. (2003). When does gender trump money? Bargaining and time in household work. American Journal of Sociology, 109(1), 186-214.
- Braun, V., & Clarke, V. (2006). Using thematic analysis in psychology. Qualitative Research in Psychology, 3, 77-101.
- Charles, N., & Harris, C. (2007). Continuity and change in work-life balance choices. The British Journal of Sociology 58(2), 277-295.
- Cheng, C. C. (2010). A study of inter-cultural marital conflict and satisfaction in Taiwan, International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 34, 354-362.
- Cheung, M. (2010). A cross-cultural comparison of gender factors contributing to long-term marital satisfaction: A narrative analysis. Journal of Couple & Relationship Therapy, 4(1), 51-78.
- Crompton, R., Levis, S., & Lyonette, C. (2007). Women, men, work and family in Europe. NY: Palgrave Macmillan.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Kim, Miyoung 2013. "Nurses' Work-family Boundary Management" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration, 19(1): 17~27
- Kim, Miyoung ; Lee, Kyoung Ju 2016. "A Thematic Analysis of Nurses' Work-Family Balance in the Korean Nurses Association News" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(2): 446~457
저자의 다른 논문
- 1999 "여성의 폐경경험에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 29 (6): 1263~1272
- 2007 "편입과정을 거쳐 입사한 신규간호사의 적응경험" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 14 (3): 361~370
- 2007 "중환자실 환자의 억제대 경험과정" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 19 (4): 583~592
- 2008 "유휴간호사 재취업 경험" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 38 (5): 768~778
- 2008 "여대생의 스트레스, 사회적지지 및 자기효능감이 정신건강에 미치는 영향" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 15 (4): 513~521
- 2008 "여대생의 과민성 장 증후군, 자아존중감, 우울, 신체적 건강에 관한 연구" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 14 (4): 306~313
- 2008 "재가 노인의 주관적 건강, 일상생활 수행 능력, 영양 상태 간의 관계" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 38 (1): 122~130
- 2008 "수지봉을 적용한 수지요법이 불면증 대상자의 수면의 질과 정서 상태에 미치는 효과" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 20 (1): 21~32
- 2008 "여대생의 스트레스와 식생활 양상에 관한 연구" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 14 (3): 181~188
- 2009 "여대생의 신체상, 체질량 지수, 스트레스에 관한 연구" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing 23 (2): 296~305
- NDSL :
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기