Heating and Cooling System for Utilization of Surplus Air Thermal Energy in Greenhouse and its Control Logic
Purpose: Utilizing air thermal energy during over-heated time in the greenhouse is a necessary component to save greenhouse heating costs for nighttime. However, there is no practical way to implement the related principles. Methods: In this study, a heating and cooling system which utilizes the surplus air thermal energy in a greenhouse was developed. Available air thermal energy and heating load for this experimental glasshouse were estimated based on temperature conditions of the plant growth and weather data. Results: Estimated values were 400 MJ/day for maximum surplus air thermal energy and 340 MJ/day for maximum heating energy which were target values of the design as well. The system consists of a heat pump, fan-coil units and heat storage tanks which are divided into low and high temperature tanks. Moreover, a new control logic was developed for surplus air thermal energy utilization. Conclusions: This paper explains the details of conceptual design process of the system. Results of test operations showed that the developed system performed the recovery and supply of the thermal energy according to design purposes.
- Aaslyng, J. M., N. Ehler and L. Jakobsen. 2005. Climate control software integration with a greenhouse environmental control computer. Environmental Modelling and Software 20(5):521-527.
- ASAE. 1988. ASAE engineering practice: heating, ventilating and cooling greenhouses. St. Joseph, MI: ASAE.
- Aye, L., R. J. Fuller and A. Canal. 2010. Evaluation of a heat pump system for greenhouse heating. International Journal of Thermal Sciences 49(1):202-208.
- Benli, H. and A. Durmus. 2009. Evaluation of ground-source heat pump combined latent heat storage system performance in greenhouse heating. Energy and Buildings 41:220-228.
- Campbell, G. S. 1977. An introduction to environmental biophysics. p.136. New York: Springer-Verlag.
- Djevic, M. and A. Dimitrijevic. 2009. Energy consumption for different greenhouse constructions. Energy 34(9): 1325-1331.
- Hanan, J. J. 1998. Greenhouses advanced technology for protected horticulture. New York: CRC Press.
- Kang, G. C., Y. K. Kang, Y. S. Ryou, Y. J. Kim, S. Y. Lee and Y. Paek. 2009. Mechanism improvement of the heat exchanger for the thermal efficiency increase of hot air heater. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 34(5): 363-370 (In Korean).
- Kim, Y. J., Y. S. Ryou, J. T. Chang, K. C. Kang, K. J. Lee and C. W. Shin. 2000. Heat recovery characteristics of the hot water supply system with exhaust heat recovery unit attached to the hot air heater for plant bed heating in the greenhouse. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 25(3):221-226.
- KMA. 2011. Monthly weather report. Korea Meteorological Administration. Available at: http://www.kma.go.kr/ weather/ observation/data_monthly.jsp.
- Lee, S. H., Y. S. Ryou, J. P. Moon, N. K. Yun, J. K. Kwon, S. J. Lee and K. W. Kim. 2011. Solar energy storage effectiveness on double layered single span plastic greenhouse. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 36(3):217-222 (In Korean).
- NIHHS. 2010. Cultivation technique of floriculture. National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science. Available at: www.nihhs.go.kr/farmer/technology/ crops03_list.asp.
- Ozgener, O. and A. Hepbasli. 2005. Performance analysis of a solar-assisted ground-source heat pump system for greenhouse heating: an experimental study. Building and Environment 40(8):1040-1050.
- RDA. 2010. Income analysis of agriculture, livestock breeding, fishing. Suwon, Korea: Rural Development Administration (In Korean).
- Suh, W. M., Y. H. Bae, Y. S. Ryou, S. H. Lee and Y. C. Yoon. 2009. Estimation of surplus solar energy in greenhouse (I) - case study based on 1-2W Type -. Journal of the Korean Society for Agricultural Engineers 51(5):79-86 (In Korean).
- Trigui, M., S. Barrington and L. Gauthier. 2001. Structures and environment: a strategy for greenhouse climate control, part I: model development. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research 78(4):407-413.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Rasheed, Adnan ; Lee, Jong Won ; Lee, Hyun Woo 2015. "A Review of Greenhouse Energy Management by Using Building Energy Simulation" 시설원예ㆍ식물공장 = Protected horticulture and plant factory, 24(4): 317~325
저자의 다른 논문
- 2012 "Modeling of Solar Radiation Using Silicon Solar Module" Journal of biosystems engineering : JBE 37 (1): 11~18
- 2012 "Effects of Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shield for Temperature Measurement in Greenhouse Environment" Journal of biosystems engineering : JBE 37 (4): 245~251
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기