대학생이 지각한 부모애착과 우울감 및 분노표현 방식에 관한 연구
Effects of Parental Attachment and Depressive Mood on Anger Expression Style among College Students
This research examines the effects of parental attachment as a family-related variable, and depressive mood as an individual variable on anger expression style among Korean college students. Anger expression style was divided into three domains including anger-in, anger-out, and anger-control. The data were collected from 437 college student respondents using a self-administered questionnaire. The results demonstrated that male students displayed higher levels of anger-control compared to females, but no gender-related difference in the level of anger-in and anger-out. In addition, anger-control was positively associated with parental attachment. However, anger control in terms of anger-in and anger-out were negatively related to parental attachment and positively linked to depression. Additionally, parental attachment demonstrated a negative correlation with depressive mood. Multiple regression results indicated that after controlling for the effect of gender, anger-control expression style was influenced by parental attachment but not by depressive mood. In addition, anger-out and anger-in expression styles were influenced by depressive mood but not by parental attachment. Finally, implications for educators and clinicians working with college students and their family are discussed along with some suggestions for future research.
- Armsden, G. C., & Greenber, M. T (1987). The inventory of parent and peer attachment: Individual difference and their relationship to psychological well-being in Adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 16(5), 427-453.
- Averill, J. R. (1983). Studies on anger and aggression: Implication for theories of emotion. American Psychologist, 38, 1145-1158.
- Bae, J. Y. (2007). The mediating effect of self-concept on the relationship between attachment, social support and anxiety. Unpublished Master's thesis, Chonnam National University
- Beck, A. T. (1976). Cognitive therapy and the emotional disorders. New York: International Universities Press.
- Biaggio, M. K., & Godwin, W. H. (1987). Relation of depression to anger and hostility constructs. Psychological Reports, 61, 87-90.
- Bowlby, J. (1980). Attachment and loss (Vol. 3): Loss, sadness, and depression. New York: Basic Books.
- Carnelley, K. B., Pietromonaco, P. R., & Jaff, K. (1994). Depression, working models of others, and relationship functioning. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 66(1), 127-140.
- Caution, R. L., Overholser, J. C., & Goetz, P. (2001). Assessment of mode of anger expression in adolescent psychiatric inpatients. Adolescence, 36(141), 163-170.
- Chon, K. K., Hahn, D. W., Lee, C. H., & Spielberger (1998). Korean adaptation of the state-trait anger expression inventory : Anger and blood pressure. Korean Journal of Health Psychology. 2(1), 60-78.
- Chon, K. K.oo (1999). A preliminary study on anger. The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology, 6(1), 173-190.
- Hwang, M. G.(2007). The correlation between parent-child relationships. Unpublished Master's thesis, Chonbuk National University, Korea.
- Jang, A. K., & Lee, J. Y. (2010). The effects of maternal attachment upon the adolescent's depression and anxiety with maladaptive perfectionism as a mediating factor. Korea Institute of Youth Facility & Environment, 8(4), 21-30.
- Jang, H. S. (2000). Attachment and the development of ego identity in college students mediating role of coping ways. The Korean Journal of development psychology, 13(3), 141-157.
- Jeon, S. H. (2007). Anger-thought and anger expression modes of parents who have elementary children. Unpublished Master's thesis, University of Sookmyung Women, Seoul, Korea.
- Jeong, Y. Ch. (2009, December 28). 청년실업 한파 IMF이후 최악. 노컷뉴스, 자료검색일 2011, 10, 11, 출처 http://file1.cbs.co.kr/PDF/200912/2009122801-01010401.pdf
- Kim, E. J. (2001). Modes of anger expression of the child and parents' child-rearing types and psychological growth. Unpublished Master's thesis, University of Keimyung, Korea.
- Kim, E. J. (2009). The mediating and moderating effects of depression and conflict-resolving strategies on the relationship between parent attachment and peer relationship the among adolescents. Unpublished Master's thesis, University of Sungshin Woman's, Korea.
- Kim, G. H. (2008). The effect of perceived parent's rearing types and perfectionism on adolescent's anger expression. Unpublished Master's thesis, University of Catholic, Korea.
- Kim, G. S., Jeon, Y. S., & Lee, C. W. (2009). The influence of attachment, differentiation, and self-esteem on adolescents depression. Korean Journal of Family Therapy, 17(1), 209-224.
- Kim, S. H. (1996). Relation of anger expression style, depressive and anxiety. Unpublished Master's thesis, Catholic University of Daegu, Korea.
- Kim, S. I., & Chun, Y. C. (2001). The relationship between adolescents' depression tendency and their home environment. Studies on Korean Youth, 12(1), 5-27.
- Ko, Y. I. (1994). The relationship among anger expression style, depressive and aggression of college students. Unpublished doctoral dissertation Pusan National University, Korea.
- Koo, Y. I. (2010). The relation between perfectionism and anger expression tyle in university students: Moderation effect of attachment dimension. Unpublished Master's thesis, Ewha Woman's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Korea National Statistical Office. (2010). 자살에 대한 충동 여부 및 이유. 2010 청소년 통계.
- Korea National Statistical Office. (2011). 연령계층별 실업자 및 실업률. 경제활동 인구월보.
- Lee, H. J., & Won, H. T. (1998). Self-concepts and paranoid tendency. Psychological Science, 4(2), 15-29.
- Lee, J. S. (2006). The Influence of mother and peer attachment on adolescent's depression. Unpublished Master's thesis, Ewha Woman's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, K. S., & Kim, K. H. (2000). Effects of anger - In tendency and problem - solving on anger experiences and blood pressure. Korean journal of health psychology, 15(1), 60-72.
- Lee, Y. S. (2008). The relationship between anger expression patterns and social adjustment of adolescents. Unpublished Master's thesis, Chungbuk National University, korea.
- Mikulincer, M. (1998). Adult attachment style and individual differences in functional versus dysfunctional experiences of anger. Journal of personality and Social Psychology, 74, 513-524.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. (2006). The Survery of Psychiatric Illnesses in korea. 보건복지부 정신건강정책과.
- Moon, S. H., & Park, Y. J. (2008). Relation of self-reported attachment style, trait anger and anger expression adolescent women, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 14(2), 143-149.
- Oh, J. H. (2002). A study on the abused experience of children influencing on the patterns of anger expression. Unpublished Master's thesis, University of Soongsil, Korea.
- Ok, J. (1998). Relationship between attachment security and depression in adolescence : Focusing on the mediating effect of perceived competence. Unpublished Master's thesis, Ewha Woman's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Park, Eun Hee (2008). Moderating effect of social support and parental acceptance on psychological adjustments of adolescent's perception of interparental conflict. Unpublished Master's thesis, Chonbuk National University, Korea.
- Park, K. H. (2008). Development of a structural equation model to estimate university Students' depression. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 138(6), 779-788
- Park, S. A. (2010). The effect of college students' perceived parent-adolescent communication style and parenting attitude on anger expression. Unpublished Master's thesis, University of Dong-A, Korea.
- Park, Y. J., Baik, S. I., Choi, Y. H., Shin, H. J., Moon, S. H., & Kim, S. Y. (2005). The relation of trait anger and anger expression to cardiovascular responses and depression in middle-aged Korean women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(7), 1371-1378.
- Park, Y. J., Han, K. S., Shin, N. M., Kang, H. C., Chun, S. H., Yoon, J. W., & Shin, H. J. (2010). Anger, anger expression, and biopsychosocial health in korean adolescents. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 19(1), 106-116.
- Pfeiffer, C. R. Newcorn, J., Kaplan, G., Mizruchi, M. S., & Plutchik, R. (1988). Suicidal behavior in adolescent psychiatric inpatients. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 27(3), 357-361.
- Puskar, K., Ren, D., Bernardo, L. M., Haley, T., & Stark, K. H. (2008). Anger correlated with psychosocial variables in rural youth. Issues in Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing, 31(2), 71-87.
- Radoloff, L. S. (1977). The CES-D Scale : A self-report depression scale for research in the general population. Applied Psychological Measurement, 1(3), 385-401.
- Seo, S. G., & Kwon, S. M. (2006). Verification of the dual cognitive mediation model through the cognitive-behavior program for anger management. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 24(3). 495-510.
- Snyder, J., Stoolmiller, M., Wilson, M., & Yamamoto, M. (2003). Child anger regulation, parental responses to children's anger displays, and early child antisocial behavior. Social Development, 12(3), 335-360.
- Solomon, E. (1987). An examination of personality characteristics and coping mechanisms identified as putative risk factors. Unpublished Master's thesis, University of South Florida.
- Song, J. E., Hwang, S. T., & Jeon, M. J. (2009). Relationship between anger level and anger-expression mode : Age group comparison. The Korean Journal of School Psychology, 6(2), 213-227.
- Spielberger, C. D., Johnson, E. H., Russell, S. F., Crane, R. J., Jacobs, G. A., & Worden, T. J. (1985). The experience and expression of anger: Construction and validation of anger expression scale. In M. A. Chesney & R. H. Rosenman (Eds.) Anger and hostility in cardiovascular and behavioral disorders. New York : Hemisphere.
- Spielberger, C. D., Krasner, S, S., & Solomon, E. P. (1988). The experience, expression, and control of anger. In M, P. Janisse(Ed)., Health Psychology: Individual differences and stress. New York: Springer-verlag.
- Stoner, S. B., & Spencer, B. (1987). Age and gender differences with the anger expression scale. Educational and Psychological Measurement. 47, 483-487.
- Tavris, C. (1982). Anger : The misunderstood emotion. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Thoresen, C. E., & Pattillo, J. R. (1988). Exploring the type A behavior pattern in children and adolescents. In Houston BK, Snyder CR, editors. Type A behavior pattern : research, theory, and intervention. New York: Wiley. 98-145.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Min, Ha-Yeoung 2012. "The Relationship between Mother Attachment and Depression: The Mediation Effect of Peer Attachment in School Aged Children" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology, 21(5): 915~927
저자의 다른 논문
- 1999 "가정폭력 예방 및 대처 프로그램 모형개발 - 배우자 학대를 중심으로 -" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 37 (2): 159~174
- 1999 "아내학대에 대한 적응의 영향 변인 - Double ABCX 모델을 기초로 -" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 37 (10): 107~122
- 2000 "가정환경 변인에 따른 청소년의 비행 연구" 한국가정과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 3 (2): 1~12
- 2000 "신혼기 부부의 비합리적 신념과 결혼만족도의 관계" 한국가정과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 3 (2): 27~38
- 2002 "기혼남녀의 자아분화 수준에 따른 갈등 대처 행동 및 결혼 적응에 관한 연구" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 20 (1): 1~16
- 2002 "학대 경험 아내들의 결혼불안정성에 관한 연구" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 40 (9): 17~33
- 2003 "대학생의 가정폭력 경험이 데이팅 폭력 가해에 미치는 영향" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 41 (3): 73~91
- 2003 "부부의 노부모 부양부담 및 세대간 결속과 결혼만족도에 관한 연구" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 21 (6): 1~13
- 2004 "청소년 자녀가 지각한 부모의 부부관계 및 부모에 대한 애착과 학교적응의 관계" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 22 (3): 47~61
- 2006 "성과 관련된 부모역할이 대학생의 성태도 및 성행동에 미치는 영향" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 24 (1): 271~286
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기