아동 체중에 대한 부모의 관심 및 아동의 외모도식과 식습관이 우울감에 미치는 영향
The influences of parental interest in children's weight, children's appearance schema, and eating habit on depression
The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between (1) differences in parents' interest in their children's weight, appearance orientation, eating habits and appearance evaluation, and depression based on children's gender, and (2) the pathway to children's depression. The participants in this research included 641 fourth-grade children (300 boys and 341 girls) who participated in a Korean Survey on Obesity of Youth and Children in 2009. Data were analyzed through frequency, percentage, Pearson's correlations using SPSS 19.0 and path analysis with AMOS 7.0. The findings are as follows. First, girls demonstrated higher scores in all variables except depression when compared to boys. Second, all variables indicated a direct or indirect influence on boys' depression, and appearance orientation had the greatest total effect on boys' depression. For girls, all variables again indicated a direct or indirect influence on depression, and again appearance orientation had the greatest total effect on girls' depression. However, the pathways to depression were different based on children's gender. The implications for future studies are also discussed.
- 윤석빈 (2011. 6. 22). '소녀시대'처럼 먹으면 몸매도 비슷해질까? 소년한국일보, p. 1
- 오경자, 하은혜, 이혜련, 홍강의 (2001). K-YSR 청소년 자기행동 평가 척도. 서울: 중앙적성출판사.
- 정옥분 (2002). 아동발달의 이해. 서울: 학지사.
- Achenbach, T. M. (1991). Manual for the Youth Self-Report and 1991 profile. Burlington, VT: University of Vermont Department of Psychiatry.
- Allen, K. L., Byrne, S. M., McLean, N. J., & Davis, E. A. (2008). Overconcern with weight and shape is not the same as body dissatisfaction: Evidence from a prospective study of pre-adolescent boys and girls. Body Image, 5, 261-270.
- Bronfenbrenner, U. (1989). Ecological systems theory. Annals of Child Development, 6, 187-249.
- Cash, T. F. (1990). The multidimensional body-self relations questionnaire. In Thompson, J. K., Body image disturbance: Assessment and treatment. NY: Pergamon Press.
- Choi, S. J. (1998). Dietary self-efficacy & physical activity self-efficacy among elementary school children. Unpublished master thesis, Seoul National University, Korea.
- Chyung, Y. J. (2010). Relationships between body image attitude and its correlates in early adolescence. Journal of the Korea Home Economics Association, 48(5), 103-117.
- Clark, L. & Tiggemann, M. (2007). Sociocultural influences and body image in 9- to 12-year-old girls: The role of appearance schemas. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescents Psychology, 36, 76-86.
- Davis, C., Dionne, M., & Shuster, B. (2001). Physical and psychological correlates of appearance orientation. Personality and Individual Differences, 30, 21-30.
- Do, K. H. (2008). The effects of children's self-esteem, eating attitude and school adjustment on body image. The Journal of Elementary Education, 21(3), 111-125.
- Gardner, R, M., Sorter, R. G., & Friedman, B. N. (1997). Developmental changes in children's body images. Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 12, 1019-1036.
- Grogan, S. (2006). Body image and health: Contemporary perspectives. Journal of Health Psychology, 11, 523-530.
- Huang, J. S., Norman, G. J., Zabinski, M. F., Calfas, K., & Patrick, K. (2007). Body image and self-esteem among adolescents undergoing an intervention targeting dietary and physical activity behaviors. Journal of Adolescent Health, 40, 245-251.
- Hwang, C. H. (2003). Obesity and its related variables of elementary school students. Unpublished master thesis, Kyung In University of Education, Korea.
- Hwang, S. K. & Lee, S. M. (2009). The relationships among the physical self-concept and worth for physical activity of elementary students in after school physical activity class. The Korean Journal of Elementary Physical Education, 15(2), 97-110.
- Hyun, M. H., You, J. M., & Lee, S. H. (2002). The effects of obesity, body image dissatisfaction, and binge eating on depression in middle school girls: Testing structural equation modeling. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 21(3), 565-580.
- Jeon, S. Y. (2008). The mediating effects of ego-resiliency on the relationship between child's obesity stress and depression. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 26(5), 155-163.
- Kim, S. H. (1997). An obesity management program of elementary school students. Unpublished master thesis, Yonsei University, Korea.
- Kindlon, D. & Thompson, M. (2000). Raising cain: Protecting the emotional life of boys. New York: Ballantine Books.
- Li, Y., Hu, X., Ma, W., Wu, J., & Ma, G.(2005). Body image perceptions among Chinese children and adolescents. Body Image, 2, 91-103.
- McKnight Investigators (2003). Risk factors for the onset of eating disorders in adolescents girls: Results of the McKnight Longitudinal Risk Factor Study. American Journal of Psychiatry, 160, 248-254.
- Moon, J. H., Yoon, H. K., & Park, H. W. (2011). The influence of self-related & parental factors on the depression of adolescents from a low social economic status background. Journal of the Korea Home Economics Association, 49(6), 57-66.
- National Youth Police Institute (2009). A study on the obesity situation of youth and children and policy measures. Seoul: National Youth Police Institute.
- Ohring, R., Graber, J. A., & Brooks-Gunn, J. (2002). Girls' recurrent and concurrent body dissatisfaction: Correlates and consequences over 8 years. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 31, 404-415.
- Ricciardelli, L. A. & McCabe, M. P. (2001). Children's body image concerns and eating disturbance: A review of the literature. Clinical Psychology Review, 21(3), 325-344.
- Ryu, H. A. (2002). The analysis of factors related to the obesity in elementary school pupils. Unpublished master thesis, Koshin University, Korea.
- Smolak, L. (2004). Body image in children and adolescents: Where do we go from here? Body Image, 1, 15-28.
- Smolak, L., Levine, M. P., & Schermer, F. (1999). Parental input in weight concerns among elementary school children. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 25, 263-272.
- Stice, E., Heyward, C., Cameron, R., Killen, J, & Taylor, C. (2000). Body image and eating disturbances predict onset of depression among female adolescents: A longitudinal study. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 109, 438-444.
- Tiggemann, M. (2006). The role of media exposure in adolescent girls' body dissatisfaction and drive for thinness: Prospective results. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 25, 523-541.
- Vander Wal, J. S. & Thelen, M. H. (2000). Predictors of body image dissatisfaction in elementary-age school girls. Eating Behaviors, 1, 105-122.
- Wicks-Nelson, R. & Israel, A. C. (2005). Behavior disorders of childhood (6th ed). NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Xanthopoulos, M. S., Borradaile, K. E., Hayes, S., Sherman, S., Vander Veru, S. Grundy, K. M., Nachmani, J., & Foster, G. D. (2011). The impact of weight, sex, and race/ethnicity on body dissatisfaction among urban children. Body Image, 8, 385-389.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2011 "아버지의 양육행동에 영향을 미치는 변인에 관한 연구" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 29 (5): 75~83
- 2013 "영유아교사의 교사효능감과 스트레스 대처방식이 직무만족도에 미치는 영향" 한국보육지원학회지 = Journal of Korean Child Care and Education 9 (6): 223~241
- 2013 "아버지의 양육행동과 의사소통, 중학생의 자아관이 중학생의 삶의 만족도에 미치는 영향" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 31 (1): 39~48
- 2014 "다문화가족 자녀생활서비스 방문교육지도사의 직무만족도에 관한 연구: 개인 특성과 근무 특성 변인 중심으로" Family and environment research : fer 52 (6): 629~638
- 2014 "보육교사의 과학교육지식 및 과학에 대한 태도가 과학교수 불안에 미치는 영향" 한국보육지원학회지 = Journal of Korean Child Care and Education 10 (3): 69~84
- 2014 "다문화가족 방문교육지도사의 다문화 효능감과 직무만족도에 관한 연구" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 32 (5): 1~13
- 2015 "초등학생의 다문화인식의 차이와 관련 변인들간의 관계" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies 36 (6): 23~38
- 2015 "임신 후반기 부부의 자아분화와 심리적 불편감이 태아애착에 미치는 영향" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 33 (2): 89~101
- 2016 "다문화가족 방문교육지도사의 셀프리더십과 직무몰입에 관한 연구" Korean journal of child studies = 아동학회지 37 (6): 83~94
- 2016 "보육교사의 직업적성 및 책임감이 교사효능감에 미치는 영향" 한국보육지원학회지 = Journal of Korean Child Care and Education 12 (2): 57~72
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기