영아의 기질, 발달수준, 어머니의 양육스트레스 및 사회적 지원이 영아 어머니의 자기효능감에 미치는 영향
The Effects of Infant's Temperament, Development, Mother's Parenting Stress and Social Support on Infant Mother's Self-efficacy
The purposes of this study was to investigate the relationship and interaction between infant temperament, development, mother's parenting stress and social support on mother's self-efficacy. Participants in this study included 1610 infants (825 boys, 785 girls) and their mothers. The major findings of this study were as follows: First, infant temperament demonstrated a direct relationship to mother's self-efficacy. Lower levels of infant temperament indicated lower levels of self-efficacy, and higher levels of infant temperament indicated higher levels of self-efficacy. Second, infant development demonstrated a direct relationship to mother's self-efficacy. Greater communicative and social interaction between mother and child demonstrated a higher level of maternal self-efficacy. Third, mothers' parenting stress demonstrated a direct relationship to mother's self-efficacy. Higher levels of parenting stress demonstrated lower levels of maternal self-efficacy. Forth, Social support demonstrated a direct relationship to mother's self-efficacy. Greater levels of social support demonstrated lower level of maternal self-efficacy. Fifth, the greatest single relationship effecting mother's self-efficacy was mother's parenting stress. This research suggests the need for development of diverse social policies and programs to help mothers reduce maternal parenting stress and support the development of positive parenting skills with the goal of boosting mother's self-efficacy.
- Abidin, R. R. (1990). Parenting Stress Index Short Form (PSI/SF). Charlottesvile, VA: Pediatric Psychology Press.
- Bandura, A. (1997). Self-efficacy: The exercise of control. NY: Free man & Company.
- Belsky, J. (1984). The determinants of parenting: A process model. Child Development, 55, 83-96.
- Brazelton, T. B. (1962). Crying in infancy. Pediatrics, 29, 579-588.
- Buss, A. H. & Plomin, R. (1984). Temperament: Early developing personality traits. Hillsdale. NJ: Erlbaum.
- Choi, H. S. (2005). Parenting self-efficacy social support, stress, and children's temperament among korean boys and girls mother. Journal of Child Studies, 26(1), 317-328.
- Chun, H. Y. & Ok, K, W. (2010). The effect of maternity and childrearing system variables on postpartum depression of Infant's mothers. Annual Conference of Panal Study on Korean Children Book (pp. 59-82) Seoul. Korea.
- Cho, B. E., Suh, D. I., Shin, H. Y., & Chung, H. S. (1998). The impact of coping responses on positive changes of single mothers and their children, Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 36(1), 13-21.
- Coleman, P. K. & Karraker, K. H. (2003). Maternal self-efficacy belief, competence in parenting, and toddler's behavior and developmental status. Infant Mental Health Journal, 24(2), 126-148.
- Crick, K. A. & Booth, C. L. (1991). Mother's and father's perceptions of daily hassles of childhood. Journal of Marriage & Family, 51, 1042-1051.
- Cummings, E. M., & Davis, P. (1994). Maternal depression and child development. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 35, 73-112.
- Cutrona, C. E. & Troutman, B. R. (1986). Social support, infant temperament and parenting self-efficacy: A mediational model of postpartum expression. Child Development, 57, 1507-1518.
- Gross, D., Fogg, L. & Tucker, S. (1995). The efficacy of parent training for promoting positive parent-toddler relationships. Research in Nursing and Health, 18, 489-499.
- Haggman-Laitila, A. (2003). Early support needs of Finnish families with small children. Journal of Advanced Nursing 41, 595-606.
- Heo, G. H., Squires, J., & Lee, J. S. (2006). K-ASQ. Seoul: Seoul Community Rehabilitation Center.
- Hofferth, S. L., Davis-Kean, P., Davis. J., & Finkelstein, J. (1998) Child development supplement to the Panel Study of Income Dynamics, 1997: User guilde. Retriedved November 11, 2006, from http://www.isr.umich.ed/src/child-development/home.htm/
- House, J. (1981). Social structure and personality In M. Rosenberg & R. Tumer(Eds), Social Psychology; Sociological perspectives. NY; Basic Book.s.
- Jackson, A. P. & Huang, C. C. (2000). Parenting stress and behavior among single mothers of preschoolers: The mediating role of self-efficacy. Journal of social service research. 26(4), 29-42.
- Kang, Y. S. (2006). A study on influence of job satisfaction upon self-efficacy of social workers. Social Welfare Policy, 26, 123-148.
- Kim, E., H., Lee, E. J., Park, D. Y., & Lee S. H. (2010). Effects of the educational program of pregnancy and delivery on pregnancy related knowledge, newborn care knowledge, and postpartum care self-efficacy of marriage immigrant woman. J. Korean Health Nur, 40(1), 78-87.
- Kim, K. H. & Kang, H. K. (1997). Development of the parenting stress scale. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 35(5), 141-150.
- Kim, M., Y., Kim, S. H., & Lee, J. H. (2011). Types of breast feeding and its predictors of mothers in twenty four mothers after birth. Korean J Women Health Nur, 17(2), 21-30.
- Kwak, K. & Kim, S. (2004). The differences in the touch patterns to mothers internal states. The Korean Journal of Developmental Psychology, 17(1). 1-18.
- Koegel, R. L. & Koegel, L. K. (1995). Teaching children with Autism: Strategies for initiating positive interactions and improving learning opportunities. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.
- Koh, S. J. & Ok, S. H. (1996). The application of the double ABCX Model to dyadic adjustment after the transition to parenthood in dual career family. Journal of Family Relations, 1, 131-157.
- Kwon, M. K. (2010). Parenting stress and related factors of employed and non-employed mothers with infants. Annual Conference of Panal Study on Korean Children Book (pp. 463-483) Seoul. Korea.
- Lee, J. S. & Choi, Y. H. (2010). The effect of parenting stress and social support on the parenting efficacy of mothers. Korean Jounral of Play Theraphy, 13(1), 19-32.
- J. R. & Ok, S. H. (2001). Family life events, social support from children, and life satisfaction of the low-income female earners. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 39(5), 49-63.
- Lee, S. M. & Jang, J. M. (2009). A study on parent efficacy and child rearing knowledge of parents in pregnancy. Journal of Future Early Childhood, 16(3), 251-273.
- Logsdon, M. & Davis, D. (2003). Social and professional support for pregnant and parenting women. MCN, American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing 28, 371-376.
- Mainieri, T. (2006). The Panal Study of Income Dynamics-Child development supplement: Users guide supplement for CDS-I. isr. umich.edu/CDS/CDS1+UG Supp.pdf에서 2008년 11월 11일에 인출.
- Leahy-Warren, P., McCarthy, G., & Corcoran, P. (2011). First-time mothers: social support, maternal parental self-efficacy and postnatal depression, Journal of Clinical Nursing, 21, 388-397.
- Rothbart, M. K. & Bates, J. E. (1998). Temperament. In W. Damon (Series Ed.) & N. Eisenberg (Vol. Ed.), Handbook of child psychology: Vol. 3. Social, emotional and personality development (5th ed., pp. 105-176). New York: Wiley. Temperament-Part 1 (pgs. 105-139) & Temperament-Part 2 (pgs. 140-176).
- Shin, N. R. (2010). Longitudinal Investigation of Pre and Postnatal Depressive Symptoms of Korean Women. Annual Conference of Panal Study on Korean Children Book (pp. 313-329) Seoul. Korea.
- Song M. H., Song, Y. S., & Kim, Y. J. (2007). The effects of parenting stress and social support on parenting self-efficacy in early childhood mothers. The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 12(5), 165-183.
- Song, Y. S. & Kim Y. J. (2008). The effects of parenting stress and parenting knowledge on parenting self-efficacy: A comparative study between infant and early childhood mothers. The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 13(3), 181-203.
- Swick, K. J. & Hassell, T. (1990). parental efficacy and the development of social competence in young children. Journal of Instructional Psychology, 17(1), 24-32.
- Teti, D. M. & Gelfand, D. M. (1991). Behavioral competence among mothers of infants in the first year : The mediational role of maternal self-efficacy. Child Development, 62, 918-929
- Thoits, P. A. (1982). Conceptual, methodological, and theoretical problems in studying social support and a buffer against life stress. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 23, 145-159.
- Tucker, S., Gross, D., Fogg, L., Delaney, K., & Lapporte, R. (1998). The long-term efficacy of a behavioral parent training intervention for families with 2-year-olds. Research in Nursing & Health, 21, 199-210.
- Wilkins, C. (2006). A qualitative study exploring the support needs of first-time mothers on their Journey towards intuitive parenting. Midwifery 22, 169-180.
- World Health Organisation (2005). The World Health Report 2005: Make Every Mother and Child Count. World Health Organisation, Geneva.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (7)
- Kim, Jong-Han 2012. "A Path Analysis of Social support, Marital conflict, Self-efficacy, and Mothers' parenting stress in Mothers' parenting behaviors of infants" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 13(9): 3924~3933
- Kim, Jonghoon ; Yang, Soyoung ; Sung, Jihyun 2013. "The Effects of Paternal Participation in Child Care and Social Support on Planning for a Second Childbirth, Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Maternal Parenting Stress" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies, 34(1): 87~102
- Kim, Seunghee ; Kim, Seonmi 2013. "A Phenomenological Study on the Work-Family Compatibility of Dual-Earner Families" Family and environment research : fer, 51(3): 355~370
- Moon, Jeogn-Sook ; Kim, Yeong-Hee 2014. "The Effects of Emotional Connection with Parents, Social Support, and Isolation on Unmarried Mothers' Child-Rearing Efficacy" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 32(6): 109~123
- Kim, Yeonsook ; Lee, Jonghee 2014. "Development of Meaning of Parenting Scale for Mothers : Focusing on Mothers of Infants and Toddlers" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies, 35(5): 113~134
- Shin, Nary ; Ahn, Jaejin 2014. "The Causal Relationship between Maternal Parenting Stress and Self-Efficacy by Employment Status" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies, 35(5): 135~154
- Kwon, Hye Jin ; Chun, Sook Young 2015. "A Structural Relationship between Preschoolers's Temperament, Mothers' Parenting Competency, and Externalizing Behavior Problems" 한국보육지원학회지 = Journal of Korean Child Care and Education, 11(6): 79~96
저자의 다른 논문
- 2012 "어머니의 정서적 가용성이 유아의 사회적 기술 및 문제행동에 미치는 영향: 유아 의도적 통제의 매개효과를 중심으로" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 50 (1): 103~119
- 2012 "사회적 지원이 영아기 자녀를 둔 어머니의 양육행동에 미치는 영향: 어머니의 양육스트레스와 우울의 매개효과를 중심으로" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association 30 (3): 165~177
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기