10개월 이하 영아를 둔 취업모의 양육지원체계, 자녀가치관 및 심리적 안녕감이 둘째아 출산계획에 미치는 영향
The Effects of Child Care Support, Value of Children and Psychological Well-Being on Second Childbirth Plans for Employed Mothers with An Infant of 10 Months or Younger
This study investigated the pathways of factors affecting 173 employed mothers' second childbirth plans. Participants were all employed working mothers with an infant under 10 months old. The hypothetical model used in this research proposed that workplace childcare support, social support, value of children and parenting stress of employed mothers will directly affect second childbirth plans. Additionally, workplace childcare support, social support, value of children, marital satisfaction and job satisfaction will indirectly influence second childbirth plans as a result of parenting stress. The results of this research demonstrated that value of children and parenting stress were the factors which directly affected second childbirth plans of employed mothers. In addition, workplace childcare support, social support, marital satisfaction and job satisfaction indirectly influenced second childbirth plans as a result of parenting stress. This study suggests the need for the establishment and development of workplace childcare support and the need for enhancing the value of children. This research further suggests the need for policies aimed at increasing psychological well-being and decreasing parenting stress for working mothers who are contemplating second childbirth plans.
- 권태환, 김두섭. (1990). 인구의 이해. Seoul: Seoul National University Press.
- 김승권. (1998). 최근 출산행태 및 가족주기 변화에 따른 정책과제. 보건복지포럼, 18, 7-17.
- 박승희, 김사현. (2008). 여성노동자의 저출산 원인과 여성 친화적 노동시장 정책. Seoul: Korea Labor Institute.
- 이삼식, 정윤선, 김희경, 최은영, 박세경, 조남훈, 신인철, 도세록, 조숙경, 강주희. (2005). 전국결혼 및 출산 동향 조사. Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- 이재경, 조영미, 이은아, 유정미. (2005). 저출산 젠더 분석 및 정책 대안 연구. Seoul: Presidential Committee on Ageing and Future Society, Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- Abidin, R. R. (1992). The determinants of parenting behavior. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 21(4), 407-412.
- Ahn, S. (2005). The impact of child and social support on the psychological well-being of employed mothers with young children. Early Childhood Education Research & Review, 9(4), 311-327.
- Anderson, G., Hoem, J. M., & Duvander, A. (2005). Social differential in speed -premium effects in childbearing in Sweden (MPIDR Working Paper 2005-027). Rostock/Stockholm: Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research.
- Bek, Y. (2007). The effect stress and guilt of mothers in raising children have in their attitude of raising children. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea.
- Buchanan, T. K. (1993). The relationship of child care and employer support to marital well-being. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- Cha, S. (2008). Cost/reward of parent role and decision to have a second child: Focused on socioeconomic differences. Social Welfare Policy, 33, 111-134.
- Choi, W. (2003). Conceptions of life and mechanism of value consciousness transformation in environmental education. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Korea.
- Chung, H. (2004). Application and revision of the Kansas Marital Satisfaction Scale for use of Korean couple. Psychological Report, 95(3), 1015-1022.
- Chung, H. & Chin, M. (2008). The intention of having a second child by the employment status of married women. Korea Journal of Population Studies, 31(1), 147-164.
- Crompton, S. & Keown, L. (2009). Do parental benefits influence fertility decision? Canadian Social Trends (Statistics Canada-Catalogue no. 11-008) 46-52.
- Frey, K., Greenberg, M. T., & Fewell, R. R. (1989). Stress and coping among parents of handicapped children: A multidimensional approach. American Journal on Mental Retardation, 94(3), 240-249.
- Galinsky, E. & Stein, P. (1990). The impact of human resource policies on employees. Journal of Family Issues, 11(4), 368-383.
- Gustafssou, S., Kenjoh, E., & Wetzels, C. (2002). Postponement of maternity and the duration of time spent at home after first birth: Panel data analyses comparing Germany, Great Britain, the Netherlands and Sweden (OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers No. 59). Paris: OECD Publishing.
- Han, E. J. & Park, J. Y. (2006). The second childbirth preference of married women with a child. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 44(11), 1-12.
- Higgins, C. A., Duxbury, L. E., & Irving, R. H. (1992). Work-family conflict in the dual-career family. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 51(1), 51-75.
- Hong, S., Kim, E., & Lee, Y. (2010). Childcare support for the working parents. Seoul: Korean Women's Development Institute.
- Hyun, O. K. & Cho, B. H. (1994). Development of the parent-satisfaction scale. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 32(1) 103-117.
- Kang, H. K. & Cho, B. H. (1999). Dural-career parenting stress: Effects of mother's values and support systems. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 22, 41-55.
- Kim, K. (2000). An ecological approach to analyzing variables in the parenting stress of working mothers. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 9(1), 71-84.
- Kim, D. (2005). Theoretical explanations of rapid fertility decline in Korea. The Japanese Journal of Population, 3(1), 2-25.
- Kim, S. S.(2006). A Study on the government female employee's stress from raising children. Unpublished master's thesis, University of Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, K. H. & Cho, B. H. (2000). An ecological approach to analysis of variables in the parenting stress of the dual-earner mothers and fathers. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 21(4), 35-50.
- Kim, K., Doh, H., Kim, S., & Rhee, S. (2010). The relationship between maternal employment maternal job characteristics, spousal support, and parenting stress. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 31(5), 101-113.
- Kim, K. H. & Kang, H. K.(1997). Development of the Parenting Stress Scale. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 35(5), 141-150.
- Kim, M. W. & Kang, M. J. (2011). The effect of double-income couples' gender role attitudes and recognition of social support in parenting stress. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 49(8), 25-35.
- Kim, J. B. & Yoo, E. Y. (2010). The development of model for the second-birth intention by the employment status of married women. 한국아동패널 학술대회 자료집, 381-411.
- Kim, L. & Yoon, C. (2000). An ecological study on working mothers' parenting stress. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 38(12). 47-58.
- Koran Delegation to the OECD (2005). OECD 국가의 출산율 동향과 우리에 대한 시사점. Paris: Koran Delegation to the OECD.
- Korean Statistical Information Service (2011). Statistics according to themes. Retrieved December, 2, 2011. from http://kosis.kr/themes/themes_03List.jsp
- Korean Women's Development Institute(1998). 보육서비스의 질적 수준 향상에 관한 연구. Seoul: Korean Women's Development Institute.
- Kwon, Y. E. & Kim, E. C. (2004). Value of children and fertility. The Korean Journal of Child Education, 13(1), 211-226.
- Lee, J. (2007). A study on intention of second childbirth in working women with children: With a focus on the 'Rational-Values Based Choice Model'. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Korea.
- Lee, J. (2009). A Pathway analysis on determination of intention of second childbirth in working women with a child: Focused on value factors. Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, 40(1), 323-351.
- Lee, M. R. (2010a). Influence of environment factors in the married women upon value on children and upon childbirth behavior. Journal of Korean Family Relations Association, 15(1), 99-121.
- Lee, S. (2010b). Childrearing expenditure and the intention to have the second childbirth. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 48(10), 105-119.
- Lee, S. & Kang, S. (2002). A Study on child day care and job satisfaction of married women employed outside home. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 20(3). 101-111.
- Lee, J. R. & Ok, S. W. (2001). Family life events, social support, support from children, and life satisfaction of the low-income female earners. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 39(5), 49-63.
- Lee, S., Ogawa, N., & Matsukura, R. (2009). Is childcare leave effective in raising fertility in Japan? Asian Population Studies, 5(3), 349-369.
- Lee, S., Yoo, G., Yoon, H., & Choi, H. (2008). Study on model for evaluation of effectiveness of policies in response to low fertility. Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- Morgan, S. P. (2003). Is low fertility a twentyfirst-century demographic crisis?, Demography, 40(4), 589-603.
- Moon, H. J. (2004). Parenting stress of employed and unemployed mothers. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 42(11), 109-122.
- Olah, L. S. (2003). Gendering fertility: Second births in Sweden and Hungary. Population Research and Policy Review, 22(2), 171-200.
- Park, S. O. (1997). Parental stress of working mothers with 3-6 aged children. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 6(2), 37-45.
- Park, S. (2008). A study on the relationship of gender equity within family and second birth. Korea Journal of Population Studies, 31(1), 55-73.
- Park, S., & Cho, S. (2011). Factors associated with second childbirth intention: Focusing value of children in Korean married women. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 29(3), 292-304.
- Park, S. Y. & Rim, M. R. (2002). Working mother`s parenting behavior as related to job characteristics, day care quality, and psychological well-being. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 20(2), 57-68.
- Rho, S. (2010). Current child care situation and the need for child care to support working mothers with a child under 12 months. Journal of the Korean Society of Child Welfare, 33, 111-128.
- Rindfuss, R. R. & Brewster, K. L. (1996). Childrearing and fertility, Population and Development Review, 22, 258-289.
- Rindfuss, R. R., Guilkey, D. K., Morgan, S. P., & Kravdal, O. (2010). Child-care availability and fertility in Norway. Population and Development Review, 36(4), 725-746.
- Statistics Korea (2010). Social indicators in Korea. Seoul: Statistics Korea.
- Shin, H., Choi, M., & Kim, E. (2009). An analysis of socio-economic factors of households on additional children in Seoul. Seoul Studies, 10(2), 33-47.
- Yoon, S. Y. (2005). An analysis on the fertility rate and women's employment of lower fertility household. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 23(2). 159-166.
- Yune, H. & Oh, K. J. (2010). The effect of social support on parenting stress among families in poverty: Focused on children's age and environmental risk factors. The Korean Journal of Woman Psychology, 15(4), 673-689.
- Wong, C., Tang, K., & Ye, S. (2011). The perceived importance of family-friendly policies to childbirth decision among Hong Kong women. International Journal of Social Welfare, 20(4), 381-392.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- Kim, Eunji ; Ahn, Jaejin 2013. "Factors Influencing the Use of Multiple Childcare for Working Mothers with Preschool Children" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology, 22(5): 419~431
- Chung, Mi Ra ; Kang, Su Kyoung ; Kim, Min Jeong 2013. "The Study of Marital Satisfaction, Parenting Attitude and Practice of Taegyo in Pregnant Women" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 51(2): 241~251
- Cho, Yoon Joo 2015. "The Case Study on Marriage Immigrant Women' Child Birth Intention" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology, 24(5): 631~643
- Lee, Sun Young ; Ahn, Sun Hee 2016. "Parenting Stress in Mothers with Only One Child in Toddler Stage" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 34(1): 33~47
- Song, Hyerim 2016. "A study of attitudes toward childbearing and the need to childcare support policies according to employment status" 한국가족자원경영학회지 = Korea family resource management association, 20(3): 67~93
저자의 다른 논문
- 1987 "모-자(母-子) 상호작용에 있어서 아동의 자기-조정에 관한 연구" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies 8 (1): 1~14
- 2008 "유아를 위한 가정문해환경 평정척도 개발 및 타당화 연구" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 46 (9): 87~97
- 2008 "초등학교 저학년 읽기부진아를 위한 읽기중재프로그램의 효과" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies 29 (5): 301~319
- 2009 "구어적 읽기 이해력 검사의 타당화를 위한 예비연구 : 초등학교 저학년을 중심으로" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies 30 (1): 59~75
- 2010 "그림책읽기 언어중재프로그램이 저소득 가정 아동의 언어능력에 미치는 종단적 영향" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies 31 (3): 117~138
- 2011 "아동학, 유아교육 전공 대학생의 읽기 실태에 관한 조사연구" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 49 (2): 97~109
- 2012 "유아용 놀이성 평정 척도 개발 및 타당화 연구" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies 33 (2): 69~89
- 2015 "유아기 자녀를 둔 어머니의 읽기동기가 가정문해환경에 미치는 영향" Family and environment research : fer 53 (2): 119~130
- 2015 "어머니의 산후 우울감과 만 2세 영아의 의사소통능력 간의 관계" 한국보육지원학회지 = Journal of Korean Child Care and Education 11 (5): 113~134
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기