럭셔리 패션브랜드 확장시 지각된 적합성과 브랜드 가치전이
Perceived Fit and Brand Value Transfer in Luxury Fashion Brand Extension
The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of perceived fit and brand transfer on extension evaluation in luxury fashion brands. The instrument for this research was a self-administered questionnaire based on a previously developed scale. The variables addressed in this scale included perceived fit, brand value for both parent brand (clothing) and extension brand (home line), extension brand association, and purchase intention of the product in extension brands. The participants in this research comprised of 215 female consumers between the ages of 19 and 51 demographically distributed nationwide. Data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, paired t-test, factor analysis, and regression analysis via SPSS 12.0. Findings showed that brand value consisted of two factors: cognitive and hedonic value in luxury fashion brands. Parent brand value was significantly related to perceived fit with a positive effect on brand association and hedonic value in extension brands. With respect to brand transfer, cognitive value of the parent brand increased the extension brand's cognitive value, while hedonic value of the parent brand increased the extension brand's hedonic value. In addition, purchase intention of the product in the extension brands was determined by the perceived fit and hedonic value of extension brands. This study also discusses the managerial implications for marketers in developing effective luxury brand extensions into new product categories, which leads to a synergy effect in building brand equity in the luxury fashion market.
- Aaker, D., & Keller, K. L. (1990). Consumer evaluations of brand extensions. Journal of Marketing, 54(1), 27-41.
- Ahn, K-H., & Li, J. (2006). A study of the effect of congruity between parent brand image and self-image on consumer's brand attitude toward brand product. Journal of Marketing Management Research, 11(3), 85-103.
- Alt-Sahala, Y., Parker, J. A., & Yogo, M. (2004). Luxury goods and the equity premium. The Journal of Finance, 59(6), 2959-3004.
- Alex N, J. (2011). Consumer evaluations of product line brand extension, Journal of Brand Management, 8(1), 22-35.
- Batra, R.., Lenk, P., & Wedel , M. (2010). Brand extension strategy planning: empirical estimation of brand -category personality fit and atypicality, Journal of Marketing Research, 47(2), 335-347.
- Berthon, P., Pitt, L., Parent, M., & Berthon, J-P. (2009). Aesthetics and ephemerality: Observing and preserving the luxury brand, California Management Review, 52(1), 45-66.
- Broniarczyk, S. M., & Alba, J. W. (1994). The importance of the brand in brand extension. Journal of Marketing Research, 31(2), 214-228.
- Chang, J. H. (2009). Selling one forth of luxury products in China. Maeil Business News Paper. Retrieved June 20, 2011 from http://news.mk.co.kr/outside/view.php?year=2009&no=660167
- Cho, E-A., & Kim, M. S. (2004). Adolescents' attitude toward and purchasing behavior for the imported luxuries and the famous brand clothing as determined by conspicuous consumption. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(1), 76-87.
- Choi, Y. J. & Rhee, E. Y. (2004). Dimensions of brand equity of luxury fashion brands (part1), Journal of the Korean society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(7), 1007-1018.
- Choi., S. (2003). The effects of the perceived product characteristics and conspicuous consumption on the fashion luxury involvement. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27(2), 209-218.
- Chowdhury, H. K. (2007). An investigation of consumer evaluation of brand extensions, International Journal of Consumer Studies, 31(4), 377-384.
- Dacin, P. A. & Smith, D. C. (1994). The effect of brand portfolio characteristics on consumer evaluations of brand extensions, Journal of Marketing Research, 31(2), 229-242.
- Eom, K. H. (2005). The study for an appearance of social culture to foreign fashion brand, Journal of the Korean society of Design Culture, 11(3), 80-90.
- Martinez, M., & Chernatony, L. (2004). The effect of brand extension strategies upon brand image. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 21(1), 39-50.
- Feiereisen, S. (2011). 10 Best lifestyle brand extensions from fashion designers. The Fashion Spot. December, 22, 2011 from http://www. thefashion spot.com/runway-news/news/164929-10-best-lifestyle-brand-extensions-from-fashion-designers.
- Fionda, A. M. & Moore, C. M. (2009). The anatomy of the luxury fashion brand, Journal of Brand Management, 16(5/6), 347-363.
- Fu, G., Ding, J., & Qu, R. (2009). Ownership effects in consumers' brand extension evaluations, Journal of Brand Management, 16(4), 221-233.
- Grime, I., Diamantopoulos, A., & Smith, G. (2002). Consumer evaluations of extensions and their effects on the core brand key issues and research propositions, European Journal of Marketing, 36(11/12), 1415-1438.
- Hagtvedt, H. & Patrick V. M. (2009). The broad embrace of luxury: Hedonic potential as a driver of brand extendibility, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 19(4), 608-618.
- Hem, L. E. & Iversen, N. M. (2003). Transfer of brand equity in brand extensions: The importance of brand loyalty, Advances in Consumer Research, 30(1), 72-79.
- Hong, S. H. & Kim, M .Y. (2007). The Analysis of previous luxury brand studies, The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 15(1), 81-97.
- Iyer, S. G., Banerjee, B., & Garber, L. L. (2011). Determinants of consumer attitudes toward brand extensions: An experimental study, International Journal of Management, 28(3), 809-823.
- Kapferer, J. .N. & Bastien, V. (2009). The specificity of luxury management: Turning marketing upside down, Journal of Brand Management, 16(5/6), 311-322.
- Keller, K. L. (2001). Building customer-based brand equity: Creating brand resonance requires carefully sequenced brand building efforts, Marketing Management, 10(2), 14-19.
- Keller, K. L. (2009). Managing the growth tradeoff: Challenges and opportunities in luxury branding, Journal of Brand Management, 16(5/6), 290-301.
- Keller, K. L. & Sood, S. (2003). Brand equity dilution, MIT SLOAN Management Review, 45(1), 12-15.
- Kim, E. Y. & Brandon, L. (2010). Modeling brand equity for lifestyle brand extensions: A strategic approach into generation Y vs. baby boomer, Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science, 20(1), 35-48.
- Kim, E. Y., Knight, D. K., & Pelton, L. E. (2009). Modeling brand equity of a U.S. apparel brand as perceived by generation Y consumers in the emerging Korean market. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 27(4), 247-258.
- Kim, J. K. (2007), Luxury consumption trend is changed. Munhwa.Com. Retrieved April 11, 2010 from http://www.munhwa.com/news/view.html?no=2007052301031424113002
- Kim, M., Kim, S., & Lee, Y. (2010). The effect of distribution channel diversification of foreign luxury fashion brands on consumers' brand value and loyalty in the Korean market, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 17(4), 286-293.
- Kim, K. H., Ko, E., Xu, B., & Han, Y. (2011 in press). Increasing customer equity of luxury fashion brands through nurturing consumer attitude, Journal of Business Research.
- Ko, E. & Oh, S. M. (2009). A study on customer equity of luxury brands, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(7), 1025-1037.
- Lockhart, A., & Ford, E. (2005). How consumers evaluate brand extensions, Managing Intellectual Property, April, 23-25.
- Mao, H. & Krishnan, H. S. (2006). Effects of prototype and exemplar fit on brand extension evaluations: A two-process contingency model, Journal of Consumer Research, 33(1), 41-49.
- Martin, I. M., Stewart, D. W., & Matta, S. (2005). Branding strategies, marketing communication, and perceived brand meaning: The transfer of purposive, goal-oriented brand meaning to brand extensions, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 33(3), 275-294.
- Milberg, S. J, Sinn, F., & Goodstein, R. C. (2010). Consumer reaction to brand extensions in a competitive context: Does fit still matter?, Journal of Consumer Research, 37(3),543-553.
- Milberg, S. J., Park, C. W., & McCarthy, M. S. (1997). Managing negative feedback effects associated with brand extensions: The impact of alternative branding strategies, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 6(2), 119-140.
- Monga, A. B. & John, D. R. (2008). Cultural differences in brand extension evaluations: The moderating role of functional and prestige brand concepts, Advances in Consumer Research, 35, 680-681.
- Moore, C. M., & Birtwistle, G. (2005). The nature of parenting advantage in luxury fashion retailing-The case of Gucci group NV. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 33(4), 256-270.
- Okonkwo, U. (2009). Sustaining the luxury brand on the internet, Journal of Brand Management, 16(5/6), 302-310.
- Park, C. W., Milberg, S., & Lawson, R. (1991). Evaluation of brand extensions: The role of product feature similarity and brand concept consistency. Journal of Consumer Research, 18 (2), 185-193.
- Park, C. W., Jun, S. Y., & Shocker, A. D. (1996). Composite branding alliances: An investigation of extension and feedback effects. Journal of Marketing Research, 33(4), 453-466.
- Pitta, D. & Katsanis, L. P. (1995). Understanding brand equity for successful brand extension. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 12(4), 51-64.
- Pullig, C., Simmons, C. J., & Netemeyer, R. G. (2006). Brand dilution: When do new brands hurt existing brands? Journal of Marketing, 70(2), 52-66.
- Raggio, R.. D. & Leone, R. P. (2009). Chasing brand value: fully leveraging brand equity to maximise brand value, Journal of Brand Management, 16(4), 248-263.
- Reddy, M., Terblanche, N., Pitt, L. & Parent, M. (2009). How far can luxury brands travel? Avoiding the pitfalls of luxury brand extension, Business Horizons, 52(2), 187-197.
- Sahalia, Y. A., Parker, J. A., & Yogo, M. (2004). Luxury goods and the equity premium, The Journal of Finance, 59(6), 2959-3004.
- Salinas, E. M. & Perez, J.M.P. (2009). Modeling the brand extensions' influence on brand image, Journal of Business Research, 62(1), 50-60.
- Sriram, S., Balachander, S., & Kalwani, M. U. (2007). Monitoring the dynamics of brand equity using store-level data, Journal of Marketing, 71 (2),61-78.
- Sunde, L. & Brodie, R. J. (1993). Consumer evaluations of brand extensions: Further empirical results, International Journal of Research in Marketing, 10(1), 47-53.
- Truong ,Y., Mccoll, R., & Kitchen, P. J. (2009). New luxury brand positioning and the emergence of masstige brands, Journal of Brand Management, 16(5/6), 375-382.
- Tsai, S.P. (2005). Impact of personal orientation on luxury-brand purchase value an international investigation, The Market Research Society, 47(4), 429-455.
- Tynan, C., McKechnie, S., & Chhuon, C. (2010). Co-creating value for luxury brands, Journal of Business Research, 63(11), 1156-1163.
- Uggla, H. & Asberg, P. (2010). Leveraging the luxury partner-brand: Strategic portfolio motives, Journal of Brand Management, 7(4), 7-19.
- Vigneron, F., & Johnson, L. W. (2004). Measuring perceptions of brand luxury, Journal of Brand Management, 11(6), 484-506.
- Zeithaml, V. A. (1988). Consumer perceptions of price, quality, and value: A means-end model and synthesis of evidence. Journal of Marketing, 52(3), 2-22.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Kim, Eun Young ; Ko, Soon Hwa 2012. "Consumer Responses toward Fashion Collaboration Brands -Effects of Collaboration Type and Brand Sensitivity-" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 36(10): 1058~1073
- Lee, Hyun-Jung ; Lee, Ji-Yeon 2013. "How consistency of brand image and advertising image for parent and extended brands affects brand attitude" The Research Journal of the Costume Culture = 복식문화연구, 21(4): 546~561
- Hwang, Yookyung 2013. "The Effects of Luxury Brand Marketing Activities on the Formation of Customer-Based Brand Equity" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 37(7): 935~951
- Jung, Seung Yeon ; Hwang, Sun Jin 2015. "The Effect of Self-Monitoring, Pioneer Brand Awareness, Types of Endorsers on Quality Perception of Me-Too Brands - Focused on Outdoor Brand -" 服飾 = Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 65(8): 22~34
저자의 다른 논문
- 1992 "자아상, 사회참여도, 의복행동이 유행선도력에 미치는 영향" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 1 (1): 85~95
- 1999 "성역할 태도와 성역할 표현 의류광고 선호도와의 관계" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 8 (2): 339~353
- 2000 "여름용 잠옷착용실태와 구매행동에 관한 연구-충청지역 도시를 중심으로-" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles 24 (6): 838~849
- 2000 "여성의 의류제품 할인구메에 대한 반응과 불평헹동 연구" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 9 (4): 491~503
- 2001 "20대 여성의 내의류 상표 선호도와 구매시 평가기준" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles 25 (7): 1203~1214
- 2001 "겨울철 잠옷이용실태와 구매시 평가기준" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 10 (1): 101~111
- 2007 "온라인 의복구매를 위한 소비자 정보탐색의 경로분석적 탐구" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles 31 (12): 1721~1732
- 2008 "G감성유형에 따른 점포선택행동에 관한 연구 - 점포속성, VM요소, 점포충성도를 중심으로 -" 한국의류산업학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry 10 (6): 864~872
- 2008 "상품 범주별 온라인 구매도 -인터넷 동기와 온라인 구매성향 기능-" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles 32 (6): 890~901
- 2008 "의류제품 충동구매행동에 대한 소비자성향과 긍정적 감정 영향" 한국의류학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles 32 (6): 980~990
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기