아동이 지각한 부부갈등과 또래관계가 아동의 자기유능감에 미치는 영향: 다문화가정 아동과 일반가정 아동 비교
Influence of Children's Perception of Interparental Conflict and Peer Relationship on Children's Self Competence: Comparison of Children from Multicultural Families and Korean Families
The purpose of this study was to investigate the difference in self competence between children from multicultural families and children from Korean families, and to study how interparental conflict and peer relationship influence the self competence of children. The subjects of the present study were 138 children of multicultural families and 254 children of Korean families in the 3rd or 4th grade in Seoul, Daegu, Gyeong-gi province, and Gyeong-buk province. The instruments of measurement were the Children's Perception of Interparental Conflict, Friendship and the Perceived Competence Scale for Children. Date were analyzed by independent samples T-test, MANCOVA, ANCOVA and multiple regression using the SPSS program. The results showed there was significant difference in the self competence of children between those from multicultural families and those from Korean families, but there was no significant difference when income was controlled. Second, for children of multicultural families, gender, income, and the intensity of interparental conflict had significant influence on self competence while gender, aid, conflict, and disclosure of negative affect in friendship, and being a peacemaker in interparental conflict influenced self competence significantly in the case of children of Korean families.
- 강문희？장연집？정정옥(2000). 아동정신건강. 서울: 정민사.
- 경상북도보육정보센터(2009). 경북지역 다문화 가정 영유아 보육지원 프로그램 사업보고회 자료집.
- 곽형식？박영애？박인전？양점도？윤종희？이소희？이항재？ 최영희(2000). 인간행동과 사회환경. 서울: 형설출판사.
- 김경란(2007). 다문화가정자녀의 자아정체감과 사회적 지지가 사회적응에 미치는 영향. 국민대학교 행정대학원 석사 학위논문.
- 보건복지부(2005). 국제결혼 이주여성 실태조사 및 보건복지 지원정책방안보고서. 서울: (구)보건복지부.
- 이지애(2007). 다문화 가정 아동과 일반가정 아동의 학교적응 에 관한 비교연구-자아존중감을 중심으로-. 고려대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 조영달(2006). 다문화 가정 자녀교육 실태조사. 교육부 정책 연구과제 2006-이슈 3.
- 한국여성정책연구원(2008). 다민족.다문화사회로의 이행을 위한 정책 패러다임 구축(III): 다문화 사회의 사회통합. 다민족？다문화사회로의 이행을 위한 정책 제 2차 세미나.
- 황매향？고흥월(2010). 초등교사를 위한 다문화상담 길잡이. 파주: 학지사.
- 행정안전부(2010). 2010년 외국계주민 현황조사. 서울: 행정 안전부.
- An, H. R. & Yi, S. H.(2009). Academic achievement : Comparison of children of female marriage immigrant and general families. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 30(1), 1-10.
- Anderson, S. A., Russel, C. S., & Schumm, W. R.(1983). Perceived marital quality and family life-cycle category. A further analysis. Journal of Marriage and the Family, 45(1), 127-139.
- Ballif-Spanvill, B., Clayton, C., Hendrix, S. B., & Hunsaker, M.(2004). Individual difference in the use of violent and peaceful behavior in peer conflict among children who have and have not witnessed interparental violence. Journal of Emotional Abuse, 4(2), 101-123.
- Bukowski, W., & Hoza, B.(1989). Popularity and Friendship; Peer Relationships in child Development. N.Y.; Wiley.
- Choi, Y. H.(2004). Differences of child's self-competence by temperament and mother's nurturing behavior- The conditional model-. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 25(4), 17-32.
- Cummings, E. M., Ballard, M., & El-Sheikh, M.(1991). Reponses of children and adolescents to interadult anger as a function of gender, age, and mode of expression. Journal of Family Psychology, 37, 543-560.
- Cummings, E. M.(1994). Children and marital and conflict: The Impact of family dispute and resolution. N.Y.: Guilford.
- Davis, P. T. & Cummings, E. M.(1994). Marital Conflict and Child Adjustment: An emotional security hypothesis. Psychological Bulltein, 116(3), 387-411.
- Emery, R. E.(1982). Interpersonal conflict and the children of discord and divorce. Psychological Bulltein, 92, 310-330
- Emery, R. E., & O'Leary, K. D.(1984). Marital discord and child behavior problem in a nonclinic sample. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 10, 11-24.
- Emery, R. E., & O'Leary, K. D.(1984). Marital discord and child behavior problems in a nonclinic sample. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 12, 4121-420.
- Emery, R. E.(1989). Family violence. American Psychologist, 44, 321-328.
- Grych, J. H. Seid, M., & Fincham, F. D.(1992). Assessing marital conflict from the child's perspective; The children's perception of interparental conflict scale. Child Development, 63, 558-572.
- Grych, J. M. & Fincham, F. D.(1990). Interparental Conflict and Child Adjustment: Testing the Mediational Role of Appraisals in the Cognitive-Contextual Framework. Child Development, 71(6), 1648-1652.
- Harter, S.(1982). The perceived competence scale for children. Child Development, 53, 87-97.
- Harter, S.(1985). Self-perception profile for children. Denver, CO: University of Denver,
- Hong, Y. S.(2007). A study on children's educational problem of multicultural family and it's implications. Unpublished master thesis, Gwangju National University of Education, Korea.
- Hwang, H. S.(2007). The relationship between maternal child rearing attitudes and social competence and self competence in children with ADHD. Unpublished master thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea.
- Jeon, K. S.(2008). A comparative study on the living conditions of teenagers from multicultural family and normal family in Gyeonggi Prefecture -Based on Sshool life and family life- The Korea Journal of Youth Counseling, 16(1), 167-185.
- Jung, H. Y.(2000). The Relationship between interparental conflict and parent- child relationship children perceived. Unpublished master thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea.
- Kim, O. N.(2006). A study on factors affecting marital conflicts of immigrant women. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The Catholic University, Korea.
- Kim, S. H.(1994). Children's affective appraisals and cognitive appraisals of marital conflict. Unpublished master thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea.
- Kim, S. I.(2010). Comparison of psychological features between children in multicultural families and children in general families regarding adaptation to school life. Unpublished master thesis, Ehwa Womens University, Korea.
- Koo, H. J.(2009). A structural equation modeling analysis of influence of language, cognitive, and social and emotional development on the children with aggression behavior at multi-cultural families in agricultural & fishing areas. The Korean Journal of Early Childhood Special Education, 9(3), 1-21.
- Kwon, Y. O.(1998). Children's perception of marital conflict and behavior problems. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Dong kuk University, Korea.
- Lee, H. K., Seo, H., & Kim, D. R.(2009). A study on the development of young children in multi cultural family. The Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, 16(3), 1-21.
- Lee, H. J.(2011). The effect child-perceived children's anger and family on peer relation. Unpublished master thesis, Hanyang University, Korea.
- Lee, J. H.(1994). Perceived competence of children and perception of responsibilities of parents based on age, sex, sociometric status. Unpublished master thesis, Dong-a University, Korea.
- Lee, J. L.(1994). The analysis of the causal model of children's self - perceived competence and related variables. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 32(4), 193-208
- Lee, K. S.(1999). A study on causes of couple conflict within internationally-married family : focused on Korean and Japanese families. Unpublished master thesis, Soon chun hyang University, Korea.
- Lee, N. K.(1995). The causal relationships among psychological process of home environment, parenting attitude and competence perceived by children. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Catholic University of Daegu, Korea.
- Lee, Y. C.(2009). Peer Relationship and School Life Adjustment of Gifted Children in Regular and Gifted Classes. Unpublished master thesis, Konkuk University, Korea.
- Lee, Y. H.(2009). A study on effect of attachment, selfesteem and social support to raise multicultural children's adaption for school : Focused on comparison with children in general families. Unpublished master thesis, Korea University, Korea.
- Lee, Y. J.(2007). A study on the factors influencing psychosocial adjustments of children of multi-culture families. Unpublished master thesis, Kongju University, Korea
- Long, N., Forehand, R., Fauber, R., & Brody, G. H.(1987). Self-perceived and independently-perceived competence of young adolescents as a function of parental marital conflict and recent divorce. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 15, 15-27.
- Nam, Y. J.(2009). A comparative study on the self-concept and depression of children from multi-culture and general families. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, Korea.
- No, E. S.(2011). The mediating effects of ego-resilience on the relationships between children's perception of parenting attitudes and peer relationship. Unpublished master thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea.
- No, S. Y.(2001). The effects of interparental conflict on the child's psychological maladjustment. Unpublished master thesis, Gwangju National University of Education, Korea.
- Oh, S. B.(2010). An exploratory study on multi-cultural education policy : Its Challenges and Future Direction. The Journal of Korean Educational Idea, 24(2), 149-170.
- Park, E. J & Shim, W. Y.(2005). A study on the parentchild relationship, peer relationship, teacher-child relationship, and school adjustment of elementary school children. The Korean Journal of Elementary Counseling, 4(1), 285-310.
- Park, G. Y. & Jo, H. S.(2006). The effects of sociability promotion activities for young children from lowincome class on their social competence. Journal of Early Children Education, 15(2), 163-176.
- Park, H. Y.(2007). The Effect of mother's parenting styles, interparental conflict perceived by child on Psychological Adaptation. Unpublished master thesis, Ewha Womens University, Korea.
- Park, J. A.(2003). The relationships between children's perception of interparental conflict, children's anxiety and self-perceived competence. Unpublished master thesis, Youngnam University, Korea.
- Park, K. J. & Kim, S. Y.(2007). Social and emotional development of preschoolers: Children of interracial families in rural areas. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 28(5), 91-108.
- Park, S. C.(2005). The Comparison between Scientifically Gifted Children and Ordinary Children in Peer Relationships and Self-Efficacy. Unpublished master thesis, Chang-won National University, Korea.
- Park, Y. K. & Lee, S. Y.(2009). Survey on the school lives of the students of multicultural families: Intergroup differences and intragroup diversities. Theory and Reserch in Citizenship Education, 41(1), 41-71.
- Park, Y. L.(2001). A study on relationship among child`s self-esteem, attachment and perception of inter-parental conflict. Unpublished master thesis, Sogang University, Korea.
- Parker, J. G. & Asher, S, R.(1987). Friendship and friendship quality in middle childhood ; Links with peer group acceptance and feelings of loneliness and social dissatisfaction. Development Psychology, 29(4), 611-621.
- Seo, K. Y.(2011). A study of the development of a bullying prevention program focused on peer support for elementary Sshool students in higher grade. Unpublished master thesis, Korean National University of Education, Korea.
- Seo, Mi. J. & Kim, K. Y.(2004). The effects of personal and environmental variables on children's perceived competence. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 21(1), 45-57.
- Seo, Y. M.(2004). The relation among children's perceived family functioning, peer relation and self-esteem. Unpublished master thesis, Seoul Women University, Korea
- Shin, H. J.(2007). A study on factors affect the ego- identity of children from multi-cultural families. Unpublished master thesis, Ewha Womens University, Korea.
- Vandewater, E. A. & Lansford, J.(1998). Influences of family structure and parental conflict on children's well-being. Family Relations, 47(4), 323-330.
- Westerman, M. A. & La Luz, E. J.(1995). Marital adjustment and children's academic achievement. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 41, 453-470.
- Yang, S. M.(2007). Variables impacting the school life sdjustment and family life happiness of the women marriage migrants family`s children in rural. The Korean Journal of Woman Psychology, 12(4), 559-576.
- Yoo, B. N.(2010). A comparison of self-esteem and health behavior of children from multicultural and homogeneous families. Unpublished master thesis, Ewha Womens University, Korea.
- Yoo, S. H.(2000). Connection between children's perception and self-conciousness by parents' trouble. Unpublished master thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea.
- Yoo, S. Y.(1999). The Relationship between Perception of Friendship and School Adjustment in Childhood. Unpublished master thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- An, Sun-Jung ; Lee, Hyun-Chul ; Lim, Ji-Young 2013. "The Influences of Conflict with Parents, Peer Relationship, and School Adaptation of Adolescents from Multicultural Families and their Satisfaction with Life : The Mediating Effects of Self-Esteem" 한국가정관리학회지 = Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 31(2): 77~91
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기