아동과 청소년의 공격성과 외로움간의 관계에 대한 생활만족도의 매개효과
The Mediation Effect of Life Satisfaction Between Aggression and Loneliness in Children and Adolescents
This study examined the mediation effect of life satisfaction between aggression and loneliness. The subjects were two hundred and eighty fifth-year elementary school and second-year middle school adolescents in Seoul. Data were analyzed by using the t-test, Pearson's correlation and regression. Major findings were as follows: First, when it comes to aggressiveness, the fifth graders showed a significantly higher degree of personal attack, whereas the eighth graders were found to show more expression of anger. The fifth graders scored higher than the eighth graders in each subcategory of life satisfaction. No significant difference was found in the category of loneliness. Second, the fifth graders showed a positive relationship among verbal attack, personal attach, expression of anger and loneliness, whereas the eighth graders showed a positive relationship between expression of anger and loneliness. The two age groups, in turn, also exhibited some differences in the relationship between loneliness and life satisfaction. Third, we found that life satisfaction is a complete parameter between aggressiveness and loneliness in the fifth graders. In the case of the eighth graders, life satisfaction turned out to be a partial parameter between aggressiveness and loneliness. This perhaps indicates that adolescents with similar levels of aggressiveness might show different degrees of loneliness, depending on whether they have positive attitudes toward their lives and whether they feel satisfied with their lives.
- Asher, S. R., Parkurst, J. T., Hymel, S., & Williams, G. A.(1990). Peer rejection and loneliness in children. In S. R. Asher & J. D. Coie(Eds.), Peer rejection in childhood(pp. 253-273). N.Y.: Cambridge University Press.
- Asher, S. R. & Wheeler, V. A.(1985). Children's loneliness: A Comparison of rejected and neglected status. Journal of Consulting Psychology, 53, 500-505.
- Baron, R. M. & Kenny, D. A.(1986). The moderatormediator variable distinction in social psychology research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182.
- Barrera, M.(1986). Distiction between social support concept, measures, and models. American Journal of Community Psychology, 14, 413-445.
- Bowen, G. L. & Chapman, M. V.(1996). Poverty, neighborhood danger, social support, and the individual adaption among at-risk youth in urban areas. Journal of Family Issues. 17(5), 641-666.
- Brennan, T.(1982). Loneliness in adolescence. In L. A. Peplau & D. Perlman(Eds.). Loneliness: A source book of current theory, research, and therapy(pp. 269-290). N.Y.: Wiley-interscience.
- Cairns, R. B., Cairns, B. D., Neckerman, H. J., Gest, S. D., & Gariepy, J.(1988). Social networks and aggressive behavior：Peer support or peer rejection? Developmental Psychology, 24(6), 815-823.
- Cassidy, J. & Ahser, S. R.(1992). Loneliness and peer relations in young children. Child Development, 63, 350-365.
- Choi, B. G. & Lim, J. Y.(1999). The Influence of Peer Victimization on Childrens Loneliness and Anxiety, Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 37(5), 111-121.
- Choi, M. K.(2006). The Relations of Children`s Peer Victimization, Self-esteem, and Loneliness, Korean Journal of Child Studies, 27(4), 133-145.
- Choi, Y. S.(2004). The effects of aggressive and impulsive characteristics on the alcohol-related aggression and marital satisfaction in the male patients with alcohol dependence. Unpublished Master's thesis, Ewha Women's University, Seoul.
- Cohn, D. A., Patterson, C. J., & Christopoulos, C.(1991). The family and children's peer relations, Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 8, 315-346.
- Coie, J. D., Dodge, K. A., & Wright, T. V.(1991). The Role of Aggression in Peer Relations. Child Development, 62, 812-826.
- Crick, N. R. & Dodge, K. A.(1996). A review and reformulation of social information processing mechanism in reactive and proactive aggression. Child Development, 67, 993-1002.
- Crick, N. R. & Ladd, G. W.(1993). Children's perceptions of their peer experiences: Attributions, loneliness, social anxiety, and social avoidance. Developmental Psychology, 29(2), 244-254.
- Do, K. H., Choi, B. G., & Lee, J. M.(2005). Relation Among Sociometric Popularity, Perceived Popularity and Aggression in Adolescence, Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 43(2), 57-67.
- Dubow, E. F. & Tisak, J.(1989). The Relation between stressful life events and adjustment in elementary school children: The role of social support and social problemsolving skills. Child Development, 60(6), 1412-1423.
- Fabes, R. A. & Eisenberg, N.(1992). Young children's emotional arousal and anger/aggressive behaviors. In A. Fraezek & H. Zumkley(Eds.), Socialization and aggression(pp. 85-102). Berline : Springer-Verlag.
- Harter, S.(1989). Causes, correlates and the functional of role of global self-worth: A life-span perspective. In J. Kolligan & R. Sternberg(Eds.), Perceptions of competence and incompetence across the life-span. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Heo, C. Y.(2008). A study on Aggression, Impulsivity and Satisfaction of School Life according to Narcissism Tendency. Unpublished Master's thesis, Busan National University, Busan.
- Jeong, M. J.(2007). Relationships among Self-Efficacy, Perceived Psychological Home Environment, Physical Satisfaction and Aggressiveness. Unpublished Master's thesis, Sogang University, Seoul.
- Kaiser, C. & Berndt, D.(1985). Predictors of loneliness in the gifted adolescent. Gifted Child Quarterly, 29, 74-77.
- Karen, S.(2005). The influence of social self-efficacy, self-esteem, and personality differences on lonliness and depression. Unpublished Master's thesis, The Ohio State University, Ohio.
- Kim, J. K. & Han, E. G.(2008). The Relationship Between Social Support and Loneliness in Early and Mid-adolescents. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 26(6), 95-105
- Kim, J. W. & Kim, Y. H.(2009). Effects of Social Support and Self-Esteem on Adolescents' Loneliness, The Korean journal of counseling, 10(4), 2287-2301.
- Kim, U. C., Kwak, K. J., & Park, Y. S.(1998). Factors Influencing Stress and Life-satisfaction Level of Korean Adolescents : Comparison of Urban and Rural Students. Korean journal of health psychology, 3(1), 79-101.
- Lee, C. J. & Kwak, G. J.(1994). Psychosocial development in terms of self-image in Korean adolescents(1). The Korean journal of development psychology, 7(2), 119-135.
- Loeber, R. & Stouthamer-Loeber, M.(1998). Development of juvenile aggression and violence : Some common misconceptions and controversies. American Psychologist, 53, 242-259.
- Lyons, J. B.(2004). Family systems, adolescent antisocial behavior, and loneliness: A Test of mediating and moderating models. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, New York University, New York.
- Margalit, M.(1994). Loneliness among children with special needs: Therapy, research, coping, and intervention. N.Y.: Springer-Verlag.
- Matthews, G., Hillyard, E. J., & Campbell, S. E.(1999). Metacognition and maladaptive-coping as components of test anxiety. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, 6, 111-126.
- Park, J. Y.(2007). Effects of Narcissism, Other-oriented Perfectionism, and Aggression on Marital Satisfaction. Unpublished Master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Park, S. Y. & Doh, H. S.(1997). The Relations between Family Functioning and Self -Esteem and Loneliness in Adolescents, Korean Journal of Child Studies, 19(1), 229-244.
- Parker, J. G. & Asher, S. R.(1993). Friendship and friendship quality in middle childhood: Links with peer group acceptance and feelings of loneliness and social dissatisfaction. Developmental Psychology, 29(4), 611-621.
- Pelpau, L. A. & Perlman, D.(Eds.)(1982). Loneliness: A source book of current theory, research, and therapy. N.Y.: Wiley.
- Quiggle, N., Panak, W. F., Garber, J., & Dodge, K. A. (1992). Social information processing in aggressive and depressed children. Child Development, 63, 1305-1320.
- Reynolds, M. & Wells, A.(1999). The thought control questionnaire- psychometric properties in a clinical sample, and relationships with PTSD and depression. Psychological Medicine, 29, 1089-1099.
- Richman, J. M., Rosenfeld, L. B., & Bowen, G. L.(1998). Social support for adolescents at risk of school failure. Social Work, 43(4), 309-323.
- Sullivan, H.(1953). The interpersonal theory of psychiatry. N.Y.: Norton.
- Tak, J. Mi. & Lee, J. H.(2005). Elementary School Children's Perception of the Effects of Their Parents` Child-Rearing Attitudes on Children's Loneliness, Korean Association of Welfare, 7(1), 141-155.
- Teasdale, J. D.(1997). The Relationship between cognition and emotion: The mind-in-place in mood disorders. In D. M. Clark & C. G. Fairburn(Eds.), Science and practice of cognitive behavior therapy, 67-93, Oxford : Oxford University Press.
- Thoits, P. A.(1986). Social support as coping assistance. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 54, 416-423.
- Weiss, R. S.(1973). Loneliness: The experience of emotional and social isolation, Cambridge. MA: MIT Press.
- Wethington, E. & Kessler, R. C.(1996). Perceived support, received support, and adjustment to Stressful life events, Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 27, 78-89.
- Wheeler, L., Reis, H., & Nezlek (1983). Loneliness, social interaction, and sex roles. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 45(4), 943-953.
- Yi, S. H. & Lee, Y. M.(1997). The Relationship of Adolescents Value Orientation to their Life Satisfaction, Korean journal of youth studies, 4(1), 1-24.
- Yoo, A. J., Kim, J. K., & Han, E. G.(2002). Aggression and Quality of Peer Relationships in Early Adolescents, Korean Journal of Child Studies, 23(3), 95-105.
- Yun, H. H., Kim, H. H., & Kim, K. Y.(2010). The Relationship between Perceived Popularity and Aggression in Adolescence: The Mediating Effects of Narcissism. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 31(4), 111-124.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Lee, Seungje ; Lee, Daeyoung ; Jeong, Eui Jun 2016. "The Effects of Gambling Game Play on Adolescents' Morality - Focus on the Personal Trait" 한국게임학회 논문지 = Journal of Korea Game Society, 16(2): 87~96
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기