Analysis and Application of a Hybrid Motor Structure Convenient to Modify the Magnet and Reluctance Torques on the Rotor
This paper presents a hybrid motor prototype convenient to modify the magnet and reluctance torques. The rotor of the prototype consists of magnet and reluctance parts, so the generated torque includes both magnet and reluctance torques. A considerable feature of the motor is that the ratio of the magnet and reluctance parts can be modified on the rotor and the rotor hybridization ratio can be varied. Another important point is the mechanical angle between the parts changed by means of the suitable construction of the parts on the rotor shaft. Finite element (FE) analysis was carried out for the proposed motor and static torque measurements were realized. The FE results were compared with the experimental results. Average torque and maximum torque values were obtained and three dimensional 3-D graphs were formed by using the experimental data. It is possible to make different combinations by changing the parts and the angle between the parts due to the proposed motor. So the magnet and reluctance torques are modified and different combinations give different torque behavior.
- B. J. Chalmers, L. Musaba and D. F. Gosden, "Variable -Frequency Synchronous Motor Drives for Electrical Drives", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 32 no. 4, pp. 896-903, August 1996.
- B. J. Chalmers, R. Akmese and L. Musaba, "Design and Field Weakening Performance of Permanent- Magnet/Reluctance Motor with Two-Part Rotor", IEE Proceedings-Electric Power Applications, vol. 145, no. 2, 1998.
- W. Guo, Z. Zhao and Y. Zhang, "Analysis and Experimental Study of Slot Effect in Synchronous Reluctance Permanent Magnet Motors", 5th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference -IPEMC 2006-, August 2006.
- W. Guo and Z. Zhao, "Design and Experiments of Two Glued Axially Laminated Synchronous Reluctance Permanent Magnetic Motors, International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems -PEDS 2005-, 2005.
- P. Niazi, H. A. Toliyat, D. H. Cheong and J. C. Kim, "A Low-Cost and Efficient Permanent-Magnet- Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motor Drive", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 43 no. 2, pp. 542-550, 2007.
- P. Niazi and H. A. Toliyat, "Design of a Low-Cost Concentric Winding Permanent Magnet Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motor Drive, IEEE 40th IAS Annual Meeting, 2005.
- S. Talebi, P. Niazi and H. A. Toliyat, "Design of a Permanent Magnet Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motors Made Easy", IEEE 42nd IAS Annual Meeting, September 2007.
- P. Guglielmi, G. Giraudo, G.M. Pellegrino and A. Vagati, "Pm Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Drive for Minimal Hybrid Application", IEEE 39th IAS Annual Meeting, October 2004.
- N. Bianchi, S. Bolognani, D. Bon and M. Dai Pre, "Rotor Flux-Barrier Design for Torque Ripple Reduction in Synchronous Reluctance and Pm Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motors", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 45 no. 3, pp. 921-928, May 2009.
- C. L. Gu, B. J. Chalmers and C. W. Lu, "Rotor Design Optimization of a Synchronous Machine with Two Part Rotor", IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference, 1997.
- E. Kandemir Beser, S. Camur, B. Arifoglu and E. Beser, "Application of a Four-pole Hybrid Motor Structure Suitable for Modifying the Rotor Hybridization Ratio", International Review of Electrical Engineering, vol.5, no.5, pp. 2049-2056, September-October 2010.
- W. L. Soong, D. A. Staton and T. J. E. Miller, "Design of a New Axially-Laminated Interior Permanent Magnet Motor", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 31 no. 2, pp. 358-367, May 1995.
- I. Boldea and S. Nasar, "Emerging Electric Machines with Axially Laminated Anisotropic Rotors: a Review", Electrical Machines and Power Systems, vol. 19, pp. 673-704, 1991.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2015. "" Journal of electrical engineering & technology, 10(1): 155~164
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기