Third Harmonic Injection Circuit to Eliminate Electrolytic Capacitors in Light-Emitting Diode Drivers
A new third harmonic injection circuit for light-emitting diode (LED) drivers is proposed to eliminate electrolytic capacitors and thereby extend the lifetime of LED drivers. When a third harmonic current is injected to the input current of the LED driver, the required capacitance of the driver can be reduced. The proposed circuit can control an injection ratio and has simple circuitry. The synchronous third harmonic is generated by a phase locked loop (PLL), a 1/3 counter, and op-amps and applied to a power factor correction circuit. Thus, the storage capacitor can install film capacitors instead of the electrolytic capacitor. The value of storage capacitance can be reduced to 78% compared to an input power factor of 100%. The proposed circuit is applied to the 80W prototype LED driver to experimentally verify the performances.
- Michael.S.Shur, and ArturasZukauskas, "Solid-State Lighting: Toward Superior Illumination," proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 93, no. 10, pp. 1691-1703, Nov. 2005.
- Jeff.Y. Tsao, "Solid-State Lighting: Lamps, Chips and Materials for Tomorrow", IEEE Circuits Devices Mag., vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 28-37, May/Jun. 2004.
- Matthias. Wendt, and J.W. Andriesse, "LEDs in Real Lighting Applications: From Niche Markets to General Lighting," IEEE IAS, pp. 2601-2603, Oct. 2006.
- D.A. Steigerwald, J.C. Bhat, D.Collins et al., "Illumination with Solid State Lighting Technology," IEEE J. Sel. Topics Quantum Electron., vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 310-320, Mar./Apr. 2002.
- Amine Lahyani, Pascal Venet, Guy Grellet and Pierre-Jean Viverge, "Failure Prediction of Electrolytic Capacitors During Operation of a Switch mode Power Supply," Power Electronics, IEEE Transaction,vol.13, vo. 6, pp.1199-1207, Nov. 1998.
- Kun Zhao, Philip Ciufo and SarathPerera, "Lifetime Analysis of Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor Subject to Voltage Fluctuations," Harmonics and Quality of Power (ICHQP), 2010 14th International Conference on, pp. 1-5, Sept. 2010.
- AndrsBarrado, Marina Sanz, Vicente Salas and Emilio Olias, "New Power Factor Correction AC-DC Converter With Reduced Storage Capacitor Voltage," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions, vol. 54, pp. 384-397, Feb. 2007.
- Z. Bo, Y. Xu, X. Ming, C. Qiaoliang and W. Zhaoan, "Design of Boost-Flyback Single-Stage PFC Converter for LED Power Supply without Electrolytic Capacitor for Energy-Storage," Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2009. IPEMC 09, IEEE 6th International, pp. 1668-1671, May. 2009.
- D.G. Lamar, J. Sebastian, M. Arias, and A. Fernandez, "Reduction of the Output Capacitor in Power Factor Correctors by Distorting the Line Input Current" Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, 25 Annual IEEE, pp. 196-202, Feb. 2010.
- L. Gu, X. Ruan, M. Xu, and K. Yao, "Means of eliminating electrolytic capacitor in AC/DC power supplies for LED lightings," IEEE Transaction. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1399-1408, May. 2009.
- B. Wang, X. Ruan, K. Yao and M. Xu, "A Method of Reducing the Peak-to-Average Ratio of LED Current for Electrolytic Capacitor-Less AC-DC Drivers," Power Electronics, IEEE Transaction, pp. 196-202, Feb. 2010.
- Y.X. Qin, Henry S.H. Chung, D.Y. Lin, and S.Y.R. Hui, "Current Source Ballast for High Power Lighting Emitting Diodes without Electrolytic Capacitor," Industrial Electronics, 2008.IECON 2008. 34th Annual Conference of IEEE, pp. 1968-1973, Nov. 2008.
- Cree XLamp Long-Term Lumen Maintenance, Technical Article, CLD-AP28REV.0.
- MC34262, MC33262 Power Factor Controllers, MOTOROLA, 1996.
- Guidelines to the Standard EN 61000-3-2, European Power Supply Manufacturers Association, Nov. 2010.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기