Frequency Spectrum Analysis of Electromagnetic Waves Radiated by Electric Discharges
In this paper, we analyzed the frequency spectrum of the electromagnetic waves radiated by an electric discharge as a basic study to develop an on-line diagnostic technique for power equipment installed inside closed-switchboards. In order to simulate local and series arc discharges caused by an electric field concentration and poor connections, three types of electrode systems were fabricated, consisting of needle and plane electrodes and an arc generator meeting the specifications of UL 1699. The experiment was carried out in an electromagnetic anechoic chamber, and the measurement system consisted of a PD free transformer, a loop antenna with a frequency bandwidth of 150 kHz-30 MHz, an ultra log periodic antenna with a frequency bandwidth of 30 MHz-2 GHz, and an EMI test receiver with a frequency bandwidth of 3 Hz-3 GHz. According to the experimental results, the frequency spectra of the electrical discharges were widely distributed across a range of 150 kHz-400 MHz, depending on the defects, while commonly found between 150 kHz and 10 MHz. Therefore, considering the ambient noise and antenna characteristics, the best frequency bandwidth for a measurement system to monitor abnormal conditions by detecting electromagnetic waves in closedswitchboards is 150 kHz-10 MHz.
- S. Coenen, S. Tenbohlen, S. M. Markalous, T. Strehl, "Performance Check and Sensitivity Verification for UHF PD Measurements on Power Transformers", Proc. 15th Int. Symp. on High Voltage Engineering, Paper No. T7-100, jubljana, Slovenia, 2007.
- S. Coenen, S. Tenbohlen, S. M. Markalous, T. Strehl, "Sensitivity of UHF PD measurements in power transformers", IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1553-1558, 2008.
- Seoung-Yong Jun, Cheol-Hwi Ryu, Yun-Sok Lim, Ja- Ho Lee, Ja-Yoon Koo, "Discrimination of Insulation Defects in a Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) by use of a Neural Network Based on a Chaos Analysis of Partial Discharge (CAPD)", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology. vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 118-122, 2007.
- K.-J. Lim, S.-H. Yang, D.-H. Shin, N.-J. Park, D.-H. Park, "A Study on the design of a planar loop sensor for partial discharge diagnosis of 22.9 kV XLPE Power Cables", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol.3, no.4, pp.559-565, Dec. 2008.
- F. H. Kreuger, Partial Discharge Detection in High-Voltage Equipment, Butterworths, 1989.
- National Emergency Management Agency, The analysis of fire occurrence present condition, 2010.
- H. Okubo, H. Yamashita, N. Hayakawa, T. Ueda, and M. Hikita, "Electromagnetic Spectrum Radiated from Gas Discharges and its Relation to Partial-Discharge Characteristics", European Transactions on Electrical Power, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 57-63, 1997.
- L. A. Dissado, S. J. Dodd, J. V. Champion, P. I. Williams and J. M. Alison, "Propagation of Electrical Tree Structures in Solid Polymeric Insulation", IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 259-279, 1997.
- J. R. Dunki-Jacobs, "The effects of arcing ground faults on low-voltage system design", IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. IA-8, no. 3, pp. 223-230, 1972.
- T. S. Sidhu, G. Singh, and M. S. Sachdev, "Microprocessor based Instrument for Detecteting and locating Electric Arcs", IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1079-1085, 1998.
- M. D. Judd, O. Farish, B.F. Hampton, "Excitation of UHF signals by partial discharges in GIS", IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 213-228, 1996.
- Shea J. J., "Conditions for series arcing phenomena in PVC wiring", Proceedings of the Fifty-First IEEE Holm Conference on Electrical Contacts, pp.167-175, Vancouver, Canada, Sept. 2005.
- J. C. Fothergill, L. A. Dissado and P. J. J. Sweeney, "A Discharge Avalanche Theory for the Propagation of Electrical Tree", IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 474-486, 1994.
- C. -S. Maroni, R. Cittadini, Y. Cadoux, and M. Serpinet, "Series arc detection in low voltage distribution switchboard using spectral analysis", Proc. of the Sixth International Symposium on Signal Processing and its Applications, vol. 2, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2001
- P. Agoris, P. Cichecki, S. Meijer, E. Gulski and J. J. Smit, "Analysis of Artificial Defects in Transformer Insulation using the UHF technique", Proc. of the 15th Int. Symp. on High Voltage Engineering, Paper No. T7-737, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2007.
- G.-S. Kil, I.-K. Kim, D.-W. Park, S.-Y. Choi, C.-Y. Park, "Measurements and analysis of the acoustic signals produced by partial discharges in insulation oil", Cur. Appl. Phys., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 296-300, 2009.
- UL 1699, "UL Standard for Arc-Fault Circuit- Interrupters", Second Edition, 2006.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- Lee, Jung-Yoon ; Jo, Hyang-Eun ; Park, Dae-Won ; Kil, Gyung-Suk ; Oh, Jae-Geun 2013. "Optimal Design of an Antenna for the Detection of Partial Discharges in Insulation Oil" 전기전자재료학회논문지 = Journal of the Korean institute of electronic material engineers, 26(4): 309~314
- 2013. "" Journal of electrical engineering & technology, 8(6): 1468~1473
- 2015. "" Journal of electrical engineering & technology, 10(3): 1174~1180
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기