역 알루미늄 유도 결정화 공정을 이용한 실리콘 태양전지 다결정 시드층 생성
Fabrication of Poly Seed Layer for Silicon Based Photovoltaics by Inversed Aluminum-Induced Crystallization
The formation of high-quality polycrystalline silicon (poly-Si) on relatively low cost substrate has been an important issue in the development of thin film solar cells. Poly-Si seed layers were fabricated by an inverse aluminum-induced crystallization (I-AIC) process and the properties of the resulting layer were characterized. The I-AIC process has an advantage of being able to continue the epitaxial growth without an Al layer removing process. An amorphous Si precursor layer was deposited on Corning glass substrates by RF magnetron sputtering system with Ar plasma. Then, Al thin film was deposited by thermal evaporation. An $SiO_2$ diffusion barrier layer was formed between Si and Al layers to control the surface orientation of seed layer. The crystallinity of the poly-Si seed layer was analyzed by Raman spectroscopy and x-ray diffraction (XRD). The grain size and orientation of the poly-Si seed layer were determined by electron back scattering diffraction (EBSD) method. The prepared poly-Si seed layer showed high volume fraction of crystalline Si and orientation. The diffusion barrier layer and processing temperature significantly affected the grain size and orientation of the poly Si seed layer. The shorter oxidation time and lower processing temperature led to a better orientation of the poly-Si seed layer. This study presents the formation mechanism of a poly seed layer by inverse aluminum-induced crystallization.
- S. Gall, C. Becker, K. Y. Lee, T. Sontheimer and B. Rech, J. Cryst. Growth, 312, 1277 (2010).
- J. Zhao, A. Wang, S. R. Wenham and M. A. Green, in Proceedings of the 13th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference (Nice, France, 23-27 October 1995) p.1566.
- R. B. Bergmann, G. Oswald, M. Albrecht and V. Gross, Sol Energ. Mater. Sol. Cell., 46, 147 (1997).
- K. Ishikawa, M. Ozawa, C. H. Oh and M. Matsumura, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 37, 731 (1998).
- R. B. Iverson and R. Reif, Mater. Lett., 5(10), 393 (1987).
- O. Nast, T. Puzzer, L. M. Koschier, A. B. Sproul and S. R. Wenham, Appl. Phys. Lett., 73(22), 3214 (1998).
- W. J. Hwang, I. S. Kang, S. K. Lim, B. I. Kim, J. M. Yang, C. W. Ahn and S. K. Hong, Kor. J. Mater. Res., 18(9), 507 (2008) (in Korean).
- S. R. Herd, P. Chaudhari and M. H. Brodsky, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 7, 309 (1972).
- B. Gorka, P. Dogan, I. Sieber, F. Fenske and S. Gall, Thin Solid Films, 515, 7643 (2007).
- P. Dogan, E. Rudigier, F. Fenske, K. Y. Lee, B. Gorka, B. Rau, E. Conrad and S. Gall, Thin Solid Films, 516, 6989 (2008).
- O. Tuzun, A. Slaoui, C. Maurice and S. Vallon, Appl. Phys. Mater. Sci. Process., 99(1), 53 (2010).
- E. Pihan, A. Focsa, A. Slaoui and C. Maurice, Thin Solid Films, 511-512, 15 (2006).
- D. Crespo, T. Pradell, N. Clavaguera and M. T. Clavaguera-Mora, Mater. Sci. Eng., 238, 160 (1997).
- O. Nast and S. R. Wenham, J. Appl. Phys., 88, 124 (2000).
- Y. Wada and S. Nishimatsu, J. Electrochem. Soc., 125, 1499 (1978).
- J. Schneiger, J. Kelin, M. Muske, A. Schopke, S. Gall and W. Fuhs, in Proceedings of the 3rd World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion (Osaka, Japan, May 2003) p.106.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기