유아의 식행동 문제에 대한 정서성의 영향: 행동문제의 매개효과를 중심으로
The Effects of Young Children's Emotionality on Their Eating Behavior Problems: With a Focus on the Effect of Mediation of Behavior Problems
This study focused on the relationships among emotionality, eating behavior problems, and behavior problems in a sample of 185 four- to five-year-old children attending kindergarten or a day care center in Seoul. The values were all measured by their teachers. The collected data were analyzed using simple regression and hierarchical multiple regression. The main results of this study were as follows. First, children's positive and negative emotionality each exerted negative and positive effects on their internalizing behavior problems. Second, children's positive emotionality had a negative influence on their eating behavior problems. On the other hand, children's negative emotionality had a positive influence on eating behavior problems. Finally, effect of children's positive emotionality on their eating behavior problems was partially mediated by internalizing behavior problems. On the other hand, the effect of children's negative emotionality on their eating behavior problems was totally mediated by their internalizing behavior problems.
- Han, E. G.(2006). Affective predictors of school-age children's aggression and peer relationships: Direct and indirect effects. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 24(5), 1-15.
- Han, M. H., & Yoo, A. J.(1995). The validation of the Child Behavior Checklist. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 16(2), 5-21.
- Her, E. S., Lee, K. H., Bae, E. Y., & Lyu, E. S.(2008). Interrelations among beverage intake, food behavior and personality in adolescents. Korean Journal of Nutrition, 13(2), 189-198.
- Jeong, N. Y., & Kim, K. W.(2009). Nutrition knowledge and eating behaviors of elementary school children in Seoul. Korean Journal of Nutrition, 14(1), 55-66.
- Kim, J. H., Choi, J. H., & Moon, S. J.(1998). An ecological study on eating behavior of middle school students in Seoul. Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, 3(2), 292-307.
- Kim, J. H., Lee, M. J., Moon, S. J., Shin, S. C., & Kim, M. K.(1993). Ecological analysis of food behavior and life-styles affecting the prevalence of depression in Korea. Korean Journal of Nutrition, 26(9), 1129-1137.
- Kim, K. H.(2010). Food habits, eating behaviors and food frequency by gender and among Seoul and other regions in upper-grade elementary school children. Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, 15(2), 180-190.
- Kim, Y. J., Chung, S. J., Han, Y. S., Lee, Y. N., Lee, S. I., Byun, K. W., & Choi, H. M.(2005). The characteristics of infants' temperament, maternal feeding behavior and feeding practices in picky eaters. Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, 10(4), 462-270.
- Kim, Y. J., Han, Y. S., Chung, S. J., Lee, Y. N., Lee, S. I., & Choi, H. M.(2006). Characteristics of infants' temperaments and eating behaviors, mothers' eating behaviors and feeding practices in poor eating infants. Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, 11(4), 449-458.
- Kim, Y. S., & Rha, Y. A.(2005). A study for dietary behaviors of elementary school students in Seoul by gender. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 11(4), 77-91.
- Kim, Y., Han, T., S., & Hwang H. J.(2004). A study on the relative effects of emotional intelligence, cognitive ability and temperament on the emotional and behavioral problems of preschool children. Korean Journal of Early Childhood Education, 24(6), 277-298.
- Kwon, Y. H., & Park, K. J.(2003). Effects of emotionality, interpersonal problem solving strategies, and maternal behaviors on children's social competence. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 24(3), 27-44.
- Lee, H. S., Jeong, W. S., & Park, U. I.(2003). The dietary behavior of obese and normal weight elementary school children. Korean Journal of Nutrition, 8(6), 831-839.
- Lee, J. H., & Moon, H. J.(2008). Effects of children's emotionality, emotion regulation, and maternal parenting behaviors on children's peer competence. Korean Journal of Child Studies, 29(4), 1-14.
- Park, H. S., & Ahn, S. H.(2003). Eating habits and social behavior in Korean preschool children. Korean Journal of Nutrition, 36(3), 298-305.
- Sung, M. Y.(2006). Children's emotionality and behavior problems depending on their institutionalization. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 15(1), 17-29.
- Achenbach, T. M., & Edelbrock, C. S.(1983). Manual for the child behavior checklist and revised child behavior profile. Burlington, VT: Univ. of Vermont.
- Arsenio, W. F., Cooperman, S., & Lover, A.(2000). Affective predictors of preschoolers' aggression and peer acceptance: Direct and indirect effects. Developmental Psychology, 36(4), 438-448.
- Baron, R. M., & Kenny, D. A.(1986). The moderatormediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182.
- Brown, S. L., Schiraldi, G. R., & Wrobleski, P. P.(2009). Association of eating behaviors and obesity with psychosocial and familial influences. American Journal of Health Education, 40(2), 80-89.
- Cools, J., Schotte, D. E., & McNally, R. J.(1992). Emotional arousal and overeating in restrained eaters. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 101, 348-351.
- Denham, S. A., McKinley, M., Couchoud, E. A., & Holt, R. (1990). Emotional and behavioral predictors of preschool peer ratings. Child Development, 61, 1045-1152.
- Eisenberg, N., Fabes, R. A., Bernzweig, J., Karbon, M., Poulin, R., & Hanish, L.(1993). The relations of emotionality and regulation to preschoolers' social skills and sociometric status. Child Development, 64, 1418-1438.
- Fabes, R. A., Eigenberg, N., Jones, S., Smith, M., Guthrie, I., Poulin, R., Shepard, S., & Friedman, J. (1999). Regulation, emotionality, and preschoolers' socially competent peer interactions. Child Development, 70(2), 432-442.
- Hawkins, R. C., & Clement, P. F.(1984). Binge eating: Measurement problems and a conceptual model. In R. C. Hawkins, W. J. Fremouw, & P. E. Clement (Eds.), The binge-pure syndrome: Diagnosis, treatment, and research. N.Y.: Springer Pub. Co.
- Hubbard, J. A., & Coie, J. D.(1994). Emotional correlates of social competence. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 40, 1-20.
- Isen, A. M.(1999). Positive affect. In T. Dalgleish & M. J. Power (Eds.), Handbook of cognition and emotion ( 521-539). N.Y.: John Wiley & Sons.
- Mayer, B., Muris, P., Meesters, C., & Zimmermann-van Beuningen, R.(2009). Brief report: Direct and indirect relations of risk factors with eating behavior problems in late adolescent females. Journal of Adolescence, 32(3), 741-745.
- McCarthy, M.(1990). The thin ideal, depression, and eating disorders in women. Behavioral Research and Therapy, 28, 205-218.
- Moffitt, T. E., Caspi, A., Harrington, H., & Milne, B. J.(2002). Males on the life-course-persistent and adolescent-limited antisocial pathways: Follow-up at age 26 years. Developmental and Psychopathology, 14, 179-207.
- Rothbart, M. K., & Posner, M. I.(2006). Temperament, attention, and developmental psychopathology. In D. Cicchetti, & D. J. Cohen (Eds.), Developmental psychopathology: vol. 2. Developmental Neuroscience (465-501). N.Y.: Wiley.
- Rothbart, M. K., Ahadi, S. A., & Hershey, K. L.(1994). Temperament and social behavior in childhood. Merrill-Palmar Quarterly, 40, 21-39.
- Saarni, C.(1999). The development of emotional competence. N.Y.: Guilford Press.
- Santesso, L. D., Dana, L. R., Schmidt, L. A., & Segalowitz, S. J.(2006). Frontal electroencephalogram activation asymmetry, emotional intelligence, and externalizing behaviors in 10-year-old children. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 36(3), 311-328.
- Shaw, D. S., Gilliom, M., Ingoldsby, E. M., & Nagin, D. S.(2003). Trajectories leading to school-age conduct problems. Developmental Psychology, 39, 189-200.
- Stice, E.(2002). Risk and maintenance factors for eating pathology: A meta-analytic review. Psychological Bulletin, 128(5), 825-848.
- Stunkard, A. J., & Messick, S.(1985). The three factor eating questionnaire to measure dietary restraint, disinhibition, and hunger. Journal of Psychosom Research, 29, 71-83.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Lee, Jae Eun 2013. "The Relationship between Children's Picky Eating Behavior, Physical Growth and Mother's Child Feeding Practice" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies, 34(4): 1~17
저자의 다른 논문
- 2003 "시설보호 유아를 위한 사회적 유능감 향상 프로그램 개발 및 효과 검증" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 41 (5): 41~58
- 2003 "자유놀이 상황에 나타난 어머니의 대화 양식과 유아의 의사소통 의도" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies 24 (5): 77~89
- 2004 "세계 전래동화의 구조 및 내용 특성 비교 - 아시아, 유럽, 미주, 아프리카 지역 전래동화를 중심으로 -" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 42 (5): 77~91
- 2006 "유아의 대인간 문제해결 전략과 유아의 정서성, 정서지식, 사건지식의 관계" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 44 (5): 59~68
- 2006 "유아의 부정적 정서성에 따른 사회적 기술과 행동문제" 兒童學會誌 = Korean journal of child studies 27 (3): 285~300
- 2006 "세계 전래동화 및 수상작동화에 나타난 성역할 전형성 비교" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 15 (2): 197~208
- 2006 "시설보호 여부에 따른 아동의 정서성 발달과 내면화 및 외현화 행동문제" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 15 (1): 17~29
- 2007 "유아의 부정적 정서에 대한 부모의 정서반응과 유아의 정서지식 및 정서반응 - 저소득층 유아와 중류층 유아의 비교 -" 대한가정학회지 = Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 45 (8): 61~75
- 2007 "가상적 딜레마 상황에 대한 만 4세 및 5세 유아의 사회적 지식과 대인간 문제해결 전략의 관계" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 16 (2): 227~235
- 2008 "동성또래와의 사회적 가상놀이 상황에 나타난 저소득층 및 중류층 유아의 가상협상 비교" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology 17 (6): 1093~1103
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기