Static analysis of FGM cylinders by a mesh-free method
In this paper static analysis of FGM cylinders subjected to internal and external pressure was carried out by a mesh-free method. In this analysis MLS shape functions are used for approximation of displacement field in the weak form of equilibrium equation and essential boundary conditions are imposed by transformation method. Mechanical properties of cylinders were assumed to be variable in the radial direction. Two types of cylinders were analyzed in this work. At first cylinders with infinite length were considered and results obtained for these cylinders were compared with analytical solutions and a very good agreement was seen between them. Then the proposed mesh-free method was used for analysis of cylinders with finite length and two different types of boundary conditions. Results obtained from these analyses were compared with results of finite element analyses and a very good agreement was seen between them.
- Askari, M., Akhlaghi, M. and Hosseini, S.M. (2009), "Dynamic analysis of two-dimensional functionally graded thick hollow cylinder with finite length under impact loading", J. Acta. Mech., 208(3-4), 163-180.
- Ching, H.K. and Yen, S.C. (2005), "Meshless local Petrov-Galerkin analysis for 2d functionally graded elastic solids under mechanical and thermal loads", J. Compos. Part B, 36(3), 223-240.
- Gilhooley, D.F., Xiao, J.R., Batra, R.C., McCarthy, M.A. and Gillespie, Jr.J.W. (2008), "Two-dimensional stress analysis of functionally graded solids using the MLPG method with radial basis functions" J. compu. mater. sci., 41(4), 467-481
- Horgan, C.O. and Chan, A.M. (1999), "The pressurized hollow cylinder or disk problem for functionally graded isotropic linearly elastic materials", J. Elasticity, 55(1), 43-59.
- Jabbari, M., Bahtui, A. and Eslami, M.R. (2006), "Axisymmetric mechanical and thermal stresses in thick long FGM cylinders", J. Therm. Stresses., 29(7), 643-663
- Lancaster, P. and Salkauskas, K. (1981), "Surface generated by moving least squares methods", Math. Comput., 37(155), 141-158.
- Li, X.-F. and Peng, X.-L. (2009), "A pressurized functionally graded hollow cylinder with arbitrarily varying material properties", J. Elas., 96(1), 81-95.
- Sladek, J., Sladek, V. and Zhang. Ch. (2003), "Transient heat conduction analysis in functionally graded materials by the meshless local boundary integral equation method", J. compu. mater. sci., 28(3-4), 494-504.
- Sladek, V., Sladek, J. and Zhang, Ch. (2008), "Local integral equation formulation for axially symmetric problems involving elastic FGM", Eng. Anal. Bound. Elem., 32(12), 1012-1024.
- Tutuncu, N. and Ozturk, M. (2001), "Exact solutions for stresses in functionally graded pressure vessels", J. Compos. part B, 32(8), 683-686.
- Tutuncu, N. (2007), "Stresses in thick-walled FGM cylinders with exponentially-varying properties", J. Eng. struct., 29(9), 2032-2035.
- Tutuncu, N. and Temel, B. (2009), "A novel approach to stress analysis of pressurized FGM cylinders, disks and spheres", J. Compos. Struct., 91(3), 385-390.
- Zhao, X. and Liew, K.M. (2010), "A mesh-free method for analysis of the thermal and mechanical buckling of functionally graded cylindrical shell panels", Comput. Mech., 45, 297-310.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2014. "" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal, 51(4): 627~641
- 2015. "" Steel & Composite structures : an international journal, 18(1): 1~28
- 2016. "" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal, 57(3): 441~456
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기