Lateral load effects on tall shear wall structures of different height
A three-dimensional formulation is proposed to analyze the lateral loading distribution of external actions in high-rise buildings. The method is extended to encompass any combination of bracings, including bracings with open thin-walled cross-sections, which are analyzed in the framework of Timoshenko-Vlasov's theory of sectorial areas. More in detail, the proposed unified approach is a tool for the preliminary stages of structural design. It considers infinitely rigid floors in their own planes, and allows to better understand stress and strain distributions in the different bearing elements if compared to a finite element analysis. Numerical examples, describing the structural response of tall buildings characterized by bracings with different cross-section and height, show the effectiveness and flexibility of the proposed method. The accuracy of the results is investigated by a comparison with finite element solutions, in which the bracings are modelled as three-dimensional structures by means of shell elements.
- Beck, H., Konig, G. and Reeh, H. (1968), "Kenngrossen zur Beurteilung der Torsionssteifigkeit von Hochhausern", Beton und Stahlbetonbau, 63, 268-277. (in German)
- Beck, H. and Schafer, H.G. (1969), "Die Berechnung von Hochhausern durch Zusammenfassung aller aussteifenden Bauteile zu einen Balken", Der Bauingenieur, 44, 80-87.(in German)
- Capurso, M. (1981), "Sul calcolo dei sistemi spaziali di controventamento, parte 1", Giornale del Genio Civile, 1-2-3, 27-42. (in Italian)
- Carpinteri, A. and Carpinteri, An. (1985), "Lateral loading distribution between the elements of a threedimensional civil structure", Comput. Struct., 21, 563-580.
- Carpinteri, A., Lacidogna, G. and Puzzi, S. (2010), "A global approach for three-dimensional analysis of tall buildings", Struct. Design Tall Spec. Build., 19, 518-536.
- Coull, A. and Irwin, A.W. (1972), "Model investigation of shear wall structures", J. Struct. Div. ASCE, 98, 233-1237.
- Coull, A. and Bose, B. (1977), "Simplified analysis of framed-tube structures", J. Struct. Div. ASCE, 101, 2223-2240.
- European Committee for Standardization (2002), Eurocode 1: Actions on structures. General actions. Densities, self-weight, imposed loads for buildings, BS EN 1991-1-1:2002, British Standard Institution.
- Fischer, C. and Kasal, B. (2009), "Analysis of light-frame, low-rise buildings under simulated lateral wind loads", Wind Struct., 12(2), 22-33.
- Gluck, J. and Krauss, M. (1973), "Stress analysis of group of interconnected thin-walled cantilevers", J. Struct. Div. ASCE, 99, 2143-2165.
- Heidebrecht, A.C. and Stafford Smith, B. (1973), "Approximate analysis of tall wall-frame structures", J. Struct. Div. ASCE, 99, 199-221.
- Hoenderkamp, J.C.D. and Snijder, H. (2000), "Approximate analysis of high-rise frames with flexible connections", Struct. Design Tall Build., 9, 233-248.
- Howson, W.P. (2006), "Global Analysis: Back to the Future", Struct. Eng., 84, 18-21.
- Humar, J.L. and Khandoker, J.U. (1980), "A computer program for three-dimensional analysis of buildings", Comput. Struct., 1, 369-387.
- Khan, F.R. (1974), "Tubular structures for tall buildings", Handbook of Concrete Engineering, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., 345-355.
- Khan, F.R. and Sbarounis, J.A. (1964), "Interaction of shear walls and frames", J. Struct. Div. ASCE, 90, 285-335.
- Kim, H.S. and Lee, D.G. (2003), "Analysis of shear wall with openings using super elements", Eng. Struct., 25, 981-991.
- Lee, J., Bang, M. and Kim, J.Y. (2008), "An analytical model for high-rise wall-frame structures with outriggers", Struct. Design Tall Spec. Build., 17(4), 839-851.
- Leung, A.Y.T. (1985), "Microcomputer analysis of three-dimensional tall buildings", Comput. Struct., 21, 639-661.
- Leung, A.Y.T. and Wong, S.C. (1988), "Local-global distribution factors method for tall building frames", Comput. Struct., 29, 497-502.
- Ministero delle Infrastrutture (2008), DM 14/01/2008: Nuove norme tecniche per le costruzioni, Gazzetta Ufficiale 04.02.2008, No. 29. (in Italian)
- Mortelmans, F.K.E.C., de Roeck, G.P.J.M. and van Gemert, D.A. (1981), "Approximate method for lateral load analysis of high-rise buildings", J. Struct. Div. ASCE, 107, 1589-1610.
- Pekau, O., Zielinski, Z.A. and Lin, L. (1995), "Displacements and frequencies of tall building structures by finite story method", Comput. Struct., 54, 1-13.
- Pekau, O., Lin, L. and Zielinski, Z.A. (1996), "Static and dynamic analysis of tall tube-in-tube structures by finite story method", Eng. Struct., 18, 515-527.
- Rosman, R. (1964), "Approximate analysis of shear walls subjected to lateral loads", ACI J., 21, 717-732.
- Rosman, R. (1965), "Analysis of pierced shear walls", Wilhelm Ernst and Sohn, 1-64.
- Rosman, R. (1966), "Torsion of perforated concrete shafts", J. Struct. Div. ASCE, 95, 991-1010.
- Rutenberg, A. and Heidebrecht, A.C. (1975), "Approximate analysis of asymmetric wallframe structures", Build. Sci., 10, 27-35.
- Stafford, S.B. and Coull, A. (1991), Tall Building Structures: Analysis and Design, Wiley, New York.
- Stamato, M.C. and Mancini, E. (1973), "Three-dimensional interaction of walls and frames", J. Struct. Eng., 99, 2375-2390.
- Steenbergen, R.D.J.M. and Blaauwendraad, J. (2007), "Closed-form super element method for tall buildings of irregular geometry", Int. J. Solids Struct., 44, 5576-5597.
- Taranath, S.B. (1988), Structural Analysis and Design of Tall Buildings, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Taranath, S.B. (2005), Wind and Earthquake Resistant Buildings, Marcel Dekker, New York.
- Timoshenko, S. (1936), Theory of Elastic Stability, (First Edition), McGraw-Hill Book Company inc., New York.
- Vlasov, V. (1961), Thin-Walled Elastic Beams, (Second Edition), (Jerusalem: Israeli Program for scientific translation), US Science Foundation, Washington
- Wong, C.W. and Lau, S.L. (1989), "Simplified finite element analysis of three-dimensional tall building structures", Comput. Struct., 33, 821-830.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- 2014. "" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal, 49(1): 1~22
- 2014. "" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal, 49(3): 297~309
- 2014. "" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal, 49(4): 523~536
- 2014. "" Geomechanics & engineering, 6(2): 117~138
- 2016. "" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal, 59(2): 291~312
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기