Collision-Free Arbitration Protocol for Active RFID Systems
Collisions between tags greatly reduce the identification speed in radio frequency identification (RFID) systems and increase communication overhead. In particular for an active RFID system, tags are powered by small batteries, and a large number of re-transmissions caused by collisions can deteriorate and exhaust the tag energy which may result in missing tags. An efficient collision-free arbitration protocol for active RFID systems is proposed in this paper. In this protocol, a new mechanism involving collision detection, collision avoidance, and fast tag access is introduced. Specifically, the pulse burst duration and busy-tone-detection delay are introduced between the preamble and data portion of a tag-to-reader (T-R) frame. The reader identifies tag collision by detecting pulses and transmits a busy tone to avoid unnecessary transmission when collision occurs. A polling process is then designed to quickly access the collided tags. It is shown that the use of the proposed protocol results in a system throughput of 0.612, which is an obvious improvement when compared to the framed-slotted ALOHA (FSA) arbitration protocol for ISO/IEC 18000-7 standard. Furthermore, the proposed protocol greatly reduces communication overhead, which leads to energy conservation.
- C. Law,K. Lee, andK. Y. Siu, "Efficient memoryless protocol for tag identification," in Proc. Int. Workshop on Discrete Algorithms and Methods for Mobile Computing and Communications, USA, Aug. 2000, pp. 75-84.
- R. Don and C.W. Hush, "Analysis of tree algorithms for RFID arbitration," in Proc. IEEE ISIT, USA, Aug. 1998, pp. 107-116.
- H. Vogt, "Efficient object identification with passive RFID tags," in Proc. Int. Conf. Pervasive Comput., Swiss, Aug. 2002, pp. 98-113.
- J. Cha and J. Kim, "Novel anti-collision algorithms for fast object identification in RFID system," in Proc. Int. Conf. Parallel Distrib. Syst., Japan, July 2005, pp. 63-67.
- B. Zhen, M. Kobayashi, and M. Shimizu, "Framed ALOHA for multiple RFID objects identification," IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E88-B, no. 3, pp. 991-999, 2005.
- C. Floerkemeier, "Bayesian transmission strategy for framed ALOHA based RFID protocols," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. RFID, USA, Mar. 2007, pp. 228-235.
- M. A. Bonuccelli and F. Lonetti, "Tree slotted aloha: A new protocol for tag identification in RFID Networks," in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. World of Wireless Mobile and Multimedia Networks, USA, June 2006, pp. 603-608.
- J. Park, M. Y. Chung, and T. J. Lee, "Identification of RFID tags in framedslotted ALOHA with robust estimation and binary selection," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 452-454, May 2007.
- C. P.Wong and Q. Y. Feng, "Grouping based bit-slot ALOHA protocol for tag anti-collision in RFID systems," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 946-948, Dec. 2007.
- W. J. Shin and J. G. Kim, "A capture-aware access control method for enhanced RFID anti-collision performance," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 354-356, May 2009.
- ISO/IEC, "18000-6 Radio frequency for item management, Part 6: Parameters for air interface communications at 860 MHz to 960 MHz," p. 110, 2006.
- ISO/IEC, "18000-7 Radio frequency for item management, Part 7: Parameters for an active RFID air interface communications at 433 MHz," p. 3, 2004.
- Y. Maguire and R. Pappu, "An optimal Q-algorithm for the ISO 18000-6C RFID protocol," IEEE Trans. Autom. Sci. Eng., vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 16-24, Jan. 2009.
- Y.C.Ko, S.Roy, J. R. Smith, H.-W.Lee, and C.-H.Cho, "RFIDMACperformance evaluation based on ISO/IEC 18000-6 type C," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 426-428, June 2008.
- F. C. Schoute, "Dynamic frame length ALOHA," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 565-568, Apr. 1983.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, Ji-Tae ; Kang, Byeong-Gwon ; Lee, Kang-Won 2014. "Implementation of Improved Frame Slotted ALOHA Algorithm for Fast Tag Collection in an Active RFID System" 한국통신학회논문지. The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society. 네트워크 및 서비스, b39(9): 598~605
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기