A New Route Optimization Scheme for Network Mobility: Combining ORC Protocol with RRH and Using Quota Mechanism
Network mobility (NEMO) based on mobile IP version 6 has been proposed for networks that move as a whole. Route optimization is one of the most important topics in the field of NEMO. The current NEMO basic support protocol defines only the basic working mode for NEMO, and the route optimization problem is not mentioned. Some optimization schemes have been proposed in recent years, but they have limitations. A new NEMO route optimization scheme-involving a combination of the optimized route cache protocol (ORC) and reverse routing header (RRH) and the use of a quota mechanism for optimized sessions (OwR)-is proposed. This scheme focuses on balanced performance in different aspects. It combines the ORC and RRH schemes, and some improvements are made in the session selection mechanism to avoid blindness during route optimization. Simulation results for OwR show great similarity with those for ORC and RRH. Generally speaking, the OwR's performance is at least as good as that of the RRH, and besides, the OwR scheme is capable of setting up optimal routing for a certain number of sessions, so the performance can be improved and the cost of optimal routing in nested NEMO can be decreased.
- V. Devarapalli, R. Wakikawa, A. Petrescu, and P. Thubert, "Network mobility (NEMO) basic support protocol," RFC 3963, Jan. 2005.
- C. Ng, P. Thubert, H. Ohnishi, and E. Paik, "Taxonomy of route optimization models in the NEMO context," draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-04, Feb. 2005.
- D. Johnson, C. Perkins, and J. Arkko, "Mobility support in IPv6," RFC 3775, June 2004.
- R.Wakikawa, S. Koshiba, K. Uehara, and J.Murai, "ORC optimized route cache management protocol for network mobility," in Proc. ICT, vol. 2, Feb. 2003, pp. 1194-1200.
- K. Lee, J. Park, and H. Kim, "Route optimization for mobile nodes in mobile network based on prefix delegation," in Proc. IEEE VTC, Oct. 2003, pp. 2035-2038.
- M. Calderon, C. J. Bernardos, M. Bagnulo, I. Soto, and A. de la Oliva, "Design and experimental evaluation of a route optimization solution for NEMO," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1702-1716, Sept. 2006.
- A. Z. M. Shahriar and M. Atiquzzaman, "Evaluation of prefix delegationbased route optimization schemes for NEMO," in Proc. IEEE ICC, June 2009, pp. 1-5.
- P. Thubert and T. J. Kniveton, "Mobile network prefix delegation," draftietf- nemo-prefix-delegation-02.txt, Aug. 2007.
- J. Jeong, K. Lee, J. Park, and H. Kim, "Route optimization based on NDproxy for mobile nodes in IPv6 mobile networks," in Proc. IEEE VTC-fall, vol. 5, Sept. 2004, pp. 2461-2465.
- P. Thubert and M. Molteni, "IPv6 reverse routing header and its application to mobile networks," draft-thubert-nemo-reverse-routing-header- 07.txt, Feb. 2007.
- H. Kang, K. Kim, S. Han, K.-J. Lee, and J.-S. Park, "Route optimization for mobile network by using bi-directional between home agent and top level mobile router," draft-hkang-nemo-ro-tlmr-00.txt, June 2003.
- H. Cho, T. Kwon, and Y. Choi, "Route optimization using tree information option for nested mobile networks," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1717-1724, Sept. 2006.
- S. Baek, J. Yoo, and H. Cho, "Route optimization for intra communication of a nested mobile network," in Proc. WNEPT, Aug. 2006.
- J. Na, S. Cho, C. Kim, S. Lee, H. Kang, and C. Koo, "Route optimization scheme based on path control header," draft-na-nemo-path-controlheader- 00.txt, Apr. 2004.
- R. Kong and H. Zhou, "Analysis and improvement of return routability procedure for network mobility," in Proc. WiCOM, vol. 2, Sept. 2006, pp. 1-4.
- C. Ng and J. Hirano, "Extending return routability procedure for network prefix (RRNP)," draft-ng-nemo-rrnp-00, Oct. 2004.
- R. Kong and H. Zhou, "Extensions to mobiwan according to RFC 3775 based on NS2," in Proc. ISCST, May 2007, pp. 998-1001.
- R. Kong, "The simulation for network mobility based on NS2," in Proc. CSSE, vol. 4, Dec. 2008, pp. 1070-1074.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2013. "" Journal of communications and networks, 15(2): 142~152
저자의 다른 논문
Kong, Ruoshan (0)
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기