구속 스트레스 쥐 모델에서 스트레스 반응 감소에 대한 사카린 섭취의 효과
Effect of Saccharin Intake in Restraint-induced Stress Response Reduction in Rats
Purpose: Stress activates the sympathetic nervous system and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and induces the release of glucocorticoids. Saccharin is 300 times sweeter than sucrose, but does not increase blood insulin levels. Thus, this study was designed to evaluate the effect of saccharin intake in restraint-induced stress response reduction in rats. Methods: Adult male Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats had stress induced by restraint for 2 hours/day for 1 week. Saccharin was provided in sufficient amounts to allow them to intake it voluntarily at 0.1% diluted in water. The Y-maze test and forced swim test (FST) were performed to evaluate cognitive function and the depressive behavior of the rats. The protein expression of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) in hippocampal cornu ammonis (CA) 1 was investigated by using immunohistochemistry. Results: It was found that, the percentage of alternation in the Y-maze test was significantly (p
- Joels M, Baram TZ. The neuro-symphony of stress. Nature Reviews Neuroscience. 2009;10(6):459-466. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nrn2632.
- Warne JP. Shaping the stress response: interplay of palatable food choices, glucocorticoids, insulin and abdominal obesity. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology. 2009;300(1-2):137-146. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mce.2008.09.036
- McEwen BS. Central effects of stress hormones in health and disease: Understanding the protective and damaging effects of stress and stress mediators. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2008;583(2-3):174-185. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2007.11.071
- De Kloet ER, Joels M, Holsboer F. Stress and the brain: From adaptation to disease. Nature Reviews Neuroscience. 2005;6(6):463-475. http://dx.doi.org/nrn1683http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nrn1683. Stress and the brain: From adaptation to disease. Nature Reviews Neuroscience. 2005;6(6):463-475. http://dx.doi.org/nrn1683
- De Kloet ER, Vreugdenhil E, Oitzl MS, Joels M. Brain corticosteroid receptor balance in health and disease. Endocrine Reviews. 1998;19(3):269-301. http://dx.doi.org/10.1210/edrv.19.3.0331
- Diamond DM, Campbell AM, Park CR, Woodson JC, Conrad CD, Bachstetter AD, et al. Influence of predator stress on the consolidation versus retrieval of long-term spatial memory and hippocampal spinogenesis. Hippocampus. 2006;16(7):571-576. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/hipo.20188
- Gluck ME, Geliebter A, Hung J, Yahav E. Cortisol, hunger, and desire to binge eat following a cold stress test in obese women with binge eating disorder. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2004;66(6):876-881. http://dx.doi.org/66/6/876http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/01.psy.0000143637.63508.47unger, and desire to binge eat following a cold stress test in obese women with binge eating disorder. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2004;66(6):876-881. http://dx.doi.org/66/6/876
- Adam TC, Epel ES. Stress, eating and the reward system. Physiology and Behavior. 2007;91(4):449-458. http://dx.doi.org/S0031-9384(07)00127-8http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physbeh.2007.04.011d system. Physiology and Behavior. 2007;91(4):449-458. http://dx.doi.org/S0031-9384(07)00127-8
- Chuang JC, Perello M, Sakata I, Osborne-Lawrence S, Savitt JM, Lutter M, et al. Ghrelin mediates stress-induced food-reward behavior in mice. The Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2011;121(7):2684-2692. http://dx.doi.org/10.1172/JCI57660
- Ulrich-Lai YM, Ostrander MM, Thomas IM, Packard BA, Furay AR, Dolgas CM, et al. Daily limited access to sweetened drink attenuates hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis stress responses. Endocrinology. 2007;148(4):1823-1834. http://dx.doi.org/en.2006-1241http://dx.doi.org/10.1210/en.2006-1241M, Packard BA, Furay AR, Dolgas CM, et al. Daily limited access to sweetened drink attenuates hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis stress responses. Endocrinology. 2007;148(4):1823-1834. http://dx.doi.org/en.2006-1241
- Just T, Pau HW, Engel U, Hummel T. Cephalic phase insulin release in healthy humans after taste stimulation? Appetite. 2008;51(3):622-627. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.appet.2008.04.271
- Ansari ARM, Mulla SJ, Pramod GJ. Review on artificial sweeteners used in formulation of sugar free syrups. International Journal of Advances in Pharmaceutics. 2015;4(2):5-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.7439/ijap.
- Touyz LZ. Saccharin deemed "not hazardous" in United States and abroad. Current Oncology. 2011;18(5):213-214.
- Porsolt RD, Bertin A, Jalfre M. Behavioral despair in mice: a primary screening test for antidepressants. Archives Internationales de Pharmacodynamie et de Therapie. 1977;229(2):327-336.
- Chen KT, Tsai MH, Wu CH, Jou MJ, Wei IH, Huang CC. AMPA receptor-mTOR activation is required for the antidepressant-like effects of sarcosine during the forced swim test in rats: insertion of AMPA receptor may play a role. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience. 2015;9:162. http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fnbeh.2015.00162
- Sugawara T, Lewen A, Noshita N, Gasche Y, Chan PH. Effects of global ischemia duration on neuronal, astroglial, oligodendroglial, and microglial reactions in the vulnerable hippocampal CA1 subregion in rats. Journal of Neurotrauma. 2002;19(1):85-98. http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/089771502753460268
- Harris RB, Zhou J, Youngblood BD, Rybkin II, Smagin GN, Ryan DH. Effect of repeated stress on body weight and body composition of rats fed low- and high-fat diets. The American Journal of Physiology. 1998;275(6 Pt 2):R1928-1938.
- Amin KA, AlMuzafar HM. Alterations in lipid profile, oxidative stress and hepatic function in rat fed with saccharin and methyl-salicylates. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. 2015;8(4):6133-6144.
- Jiwa NS, Garrard P, Hainsworth AH. Experimental models of vascular dementia and vascular cognitive impairment: a systematic review. Journal of Neurochemistry. 2010;115(4):814-828. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-4159.2010.06958.x
- Henckens MJ, Hermans EJ, Pu Z, Joels M, Fernandez G. Stressed memories: how acute stress affects memory formation in humans. The Journal of Neuroscience. 2009;29(32):10111-10119. http://dx.doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1184-09.2009
- Kim JJ, Diamond DM. The stressed hippocampus, synaptic plasticity and lost memories. Nature Reviews Neuroscience. 2002;3(6):453-462. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nrn849
- Willner P, Benton D, Brown E, Cheeta S, Davies G, Morgan J, et al. "Depression" increases "craving" for sweet rewards in animal and human models of depression and craving. Psychopharmacology. 1998;136(3):272-283.
- Al'Absi M, Nakajima M, Hooker S, Wittmers L, Cragin T. Exposure to acute stress is associated with attenuated sweet taste. Psychophysiology. 2012;49(1):96-103. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8986.2011.01289.x
- Ely DR, Dapper V, Marasca J, Correa JB, Gamaro GD, Xavier MH, et al. Effect of restraint stress on feeding behavior of rats. Physiology and Behavior. 1997;61(3):395-398. http://dx.doi.org/S0031-9384(96)00450-7http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9384(96)00450-7 GD, Xavier MH, et al. Effect of restraint stress on feeding behavior of rats. Physiology and Behavior. 1997;61(3):395-398. http://dx.doi.org/S0031-9384(96)00450-7
- Markus R, Panhuysen G, Tuiten A, Koppeschaar H. Effects of food on cortisol and mood in vulnerable subjects under controllable and uncontrollable stress. Physiology and Behavior. 2000;70(3-4):333-342. http://dx.doi.org/S0031-9384(00)00265-1http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9384(00)00265-1. Effects of food on cortisol and mood in vulnerable subjects under controllable and uncontrollable stress. Physiology and Behavior. 2000;70(3-4):333-342. http://dx.doi.org/S0031-9384(00)00265-1
- Zhang Y, Fischer KE, Soto V, Liu Y, Sosnowska D, Richardson A, et al. Obesity-induced oxidative stress, accelerated functional decline with age and increased mortality in mice. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 2015;576:39-48. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.abb.2014.12.018
- Schwabe L, Joels M, Roozendaal B, Wolf OT, Oitzl MS. Stress effects on memory: an update and integration. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews. 2012;36(7):1740-1749. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neubiorev.2011.07.002
- Lupien SJ, Maheu F, Tu M, Fiocco A, Schramek TE. The effects of stress and stress hormones on human cognition: Implications for the field of brain and cognition. Brain and Cognition. 2007;65(3):209-237. http://dx.doi.org/S0278-2626(07)00032-2http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bandc.2007.02.007 TE. The effects of stress and stress hormones on human cognition: Implications for the field of brain and cognition. Brain and Cognition. 2007;65(3):209-237. http://dx.doi.org/S0278-2626(07)00032-2
- Groc L, Choquet D, Chaouloff F. The stress hormone corticosterone conditions AMPAR surface trafficking and synaptic potentiation. Nature Neuroscience. 2008;11(8):868-870. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nn.2150
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기