Joint Energy Efficiency Optimization with Nonlinear Precoding in Multi-cell Broadcast Systems
In this paper, we focus on maximizing weighted sum energy efficiency (EE) for a multi-cell multi-user channel. In order to solve this non-convex problem, we first decompose the original problem into a sequence of parallel subproblems which can optimized separately. For each subproblem, a base station employs dirty paper coding to maximize the EE for users within a cell while regulating interference induced to other cells. Since each subproblem can be transformed to a convex multiple-access channel problem, the proposed method provides a closed-form solution for power allocation. Then, based on the derived optimal covariance matrix for each subproblem, a local optimal solution is obtained to maximize the sum EE. Finally, simulation results show that our algorithm based on non-linear precoding achieves about 20 percent performance gains over the conventional linear precoding method.
- D. Gesbert, M. Kountouris, R. Heath, Jr., C. Chae, and T. Salzer, "Shifting the MIMO paradigm," IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 36-46, Sept. 2007.
- H. Lee, B. Lee, and I. Lee, "Iterative detection and decoding with an improved V-BLAST for MIMO-OFDM systems," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 504-513, Mar. 2006.
- C. Jiang and Leonard J. Cimini, "Energy-efficient transmission for MIMO interference channels," in Proc. IEEE WCNC, Apr. 2012. pp. 522-527,
- D. Feng et al.,"A survey of energy-efficient wireless communications," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tuts., vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 167-178, Jan. 2013.
- I. E. Telatar, "Capacity of multi-antenna Gaussian channels," Eur. Trans. Telecommun.,vol. 10, pp. 585-595, Nov. 1999.
- L. Zhang, R. Zhang, Y.-C. Liang, Y. Xin, and H.-V. Poor, "On Gaussian MIMO BC-MAC duality with multiple transmit covariance constraints," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 58, no. 4, Apr. 2012.
- N. Jindal, W. Rhee, S. Vishwanath, S. Jafar, and A. Goldsmith, "Sum power iterative water-filling for multi-antenna Gaussian broadcast channels," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1570-1580, Apr. 2005.
- Q. H. Spencer, A. L. Swindelhurst, and M. Haardt, "Zero-forcing methods for downlink spatial multiplexing in multiuser MIMO channels," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 461-471, Feb. 2004.
- H. Sung, S.-R. Lee, and I. Lee, "Generalized channel inversion methods for multiuser MIMO systems," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 3489-3499, Nov. 2009.
- R. Zhang and S. Cui, "Cooperative interference management with MISO beamforming," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 5450-5458, Oct. 2010.
- S.-H. Park, H. Park, and I. Lee, "Distributed beamforming techniques for weighted sum-rate maximization in MISO interference channels," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 1131-1133, Dec. 2010.
- H. Sung, S.-H. Park, K.-J. Lee, and I. Lee, "Linear precoder designs for K-user interference channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 291-301, Jan. 2010.
- S.-J. Kim and G. B. Giannakis, "Optimal resource allocation for MIMO ad hoc cognitive radio networks," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 3117-3131, May 2011.
- Q. Shi, M. Razaviyayn, Z.-Q. Luo, and C. He, "An iteratively weighted MMSE approach to distributed sum-utility maximization for MIMO interfering broadcast channel," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 4331-4340, Sep. 2011.
- H.-J. Choi, S.-H. Park, S.-R. Lee, and I. Lee, "Distributed beamforming techniques for weighted sum-rate maximization in MISO interfering broadcast channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1314-1320, Apr. 2012.
- S.-R. Lee, H.-B. Kong, H. Park, and I. Lee, "Beamforming designs based on an asymptotic approach in MISO interference channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol.12, no. 12, pp. 6430-6438, Dec. 2013.
- J. Xu and L. Qiu, "Energy efficiency optimazition for MIMO broadcast channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12 no. 2, pp. 690-701, Feb. 2013.
- J. Mao, G. Xie, J. Gao, and Y. Liu, "Energy efficiency optimization for cognitive radio MIMO broadcast channels," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 337-340, Feb. 2013.
- G. Miao, N. Himayat, and G. Li, "Energy-efficient link adaptation in frequency-selective channels," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 545-554, Feb. 2010.
- D. Ng, E. Lo, and R. Schober, "Energy-efficient resource allocation in multi-cell OFDMA systems with limited backhaul capacity," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 3618-3631, Oct. 2012.
- H. Kim, S.-R. Lee, C. Song, and I. Lee, "Optimal power allocation for energy efficiency maximization in distributed antenna systems," in Proc. IEEE ICC, May 2013, pp. 1-5.
- S. He, Y. Huang, L. Yang, and B. Ottersten, "Coordinated multicell multiuser precoding for maximizing weighted sum energy efficiency," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 741-751, Feb. 2014.
- W. Dinkelbach, "On nonlinear fractional programming," Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, vol. 13, pp. 492-498, Mar. 1967.
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- C. Fung, W. Yu, and T. Lim, "Multi-antenna downlink precoding with individual rate constraints: power minimization and user ordering," in Proc. ICCS, pp. 45-49.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기