Joint Energy Efficiency Optimization with Nonlinear Precoding in Multi-cell Broadcast Systems
In this paper, we focus on maximizing weighted sum energy efficiency (EE) for a multi-cell multi-user channel. In order to solve this non-convex problem, we first decompose the original problem into a sequence of parallel subproblems which can optimized separately. For each subproblem, a base station employs dirty paper coding to maximize the EE for users within a cell while regulating interference induced to other cells. Since each subproblem can be transformed to a convex multiple-access channel problem, the proposed method provides a closed-form solution for power allocation. Then, based on the derived optimal covariance matrix for each subproblem, a local optimal solution is obtained to maximize the sum EE. Finally, simulation results show that our algorithm based on non-linear precoding achieves about 20 percent performance gains over the conventional linear precoding method.
- D. Gesbert, M. Kountouris, R. Heath, Jr., C. Chae, and T. Salzer, "Shifting the MIMO paradigm," IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 36-46, Sept. 2007.
- H. Lee, B. Lee, and I. Lee, "Iterative detection and decoding with an improved V-BLAST for MIMO-OFDM systems," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 504-513, Mar. 2006.
- C. Jiang and Leonard J. Cimini, "Energy-efficient transmission for MIMO interference channels," in Proc. IEEE WCNC, Apr. 2012. pp. 522-527,
- D. Feng et al.,"A survey of energy-efficient wireless communications," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tuts., vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 167-178, Jan. 2013.
- I. E. Telatar, "Capacity of multi-antenna Gaussian channels," Eur. Trans. Telecommun.,vol. 10, pp. 585-595, Nov. 1999.
- L. Zhang, R. Zhang, Y.-C. Liang, Y. Xin, and H.-V. Poor, "On Gaussian MIMO BC-MAC duality with multiple transmit covariance constraints," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 58, no. 4, Apr. 2012.
- N. Jindal, W. Rhee, S. Vishwanath, S. Jafar, and A. Goldsmith, "Sum power iterative water-filling for multi-antenna Gaussian broadcast channels," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1570-1580, Apr. 2005.
- Q. H. Spencer, A. L. Swindelhurst, and M. Haardt, "Zero-forcing methods for downlink spatial multiplexing in multiuser MIMO channels," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 461-471, Feb. 2004.
- H. Sung, S.-R. Lee, and I. Lee, "Generalized channel inversion methods for multiuser MIMO systems," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 3489-3499, Nov. 2009.
- R. Zhang and S. Cui, "Cooperative interference management with MISO beamforming," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 5450-5458, Oct. 2010.
- S.-H. Park, H. Park, and I. Lee, "Distributed beamforming techniques for weighted sum-rate maximization in MISO interference channels," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 1131-1133, Dec. 2010.
- H. Sung, S.-H. Park, K.-J. Lee, and I. Lee, "Linear precoder designs for K-user interference channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 291-301, Jan. 2010.
- S.-J. Kim and G. B. Giannakis, "Optimal resource allocation for MIMO ad hoc cognitive radio networks," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 3117-3131, May 2011.
- Q. Shi, M. Razaviyayn, Z.-Q. Luo, and C. He, "An iteratively weighted MMSE approach to distributed sum-utility maximization for MIMO interfering broadcast channel," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 4331-4340, Sep. 2011.
- H.-J. Choi, S.-H. Park, S.-R. Lee, and I. Lee, "Distributed beamforming techniques for weighted sum-rate maximization in MISO interfering broadcast channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1314-1320, Apr. 2012.
- S.-R. Lee, H.-B. Kong, H. Park, and I. Lee, "Beamforming designs based on an asymptotic approach in MISO interference channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol.12, no. 12, pp. 6430-6438, Dec. 2013.
- J. Xu and L. Qiu, "Energy efficiency optimazition for MIMO broadcast channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12 no. 2, pp. 690-701, Feb. 2013.
- J. Mao, G. Xie, J. Gao, and Y. Liu, "Energy efficiency optimization for cognitive radio MIMO broadcast channels," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 337-340, Feb. 2013.
- G. Miao, N. Himayat, and G. Li, "Energy-efficient link adaptation in frequency-selective channels," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 545-554, Feb. 2010.
- D. Ng, E. Lo, and R. Schober, "Energy-efficient resource allocation in multi-cell OFDMA systems with limited backhaul capacity," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 3618-3631, Oct. 2012.
- H. Kim, S.-R. Lee, C. Song, and I. Lee, "Optimal power allocation for energy efficiency maximization in distributed antenna systems," in Proc. IEEE ICC, May 2013, pp. 1-5.
- S. He, Y. Huang, L. Yang, and B. Ottersten, "Coordinated multicell multiuser precoding for maximizing weighted sum energy efficiency," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 741-751, Feb. 2014.
- W. Dinkelbach, "On nonlinear fractional programming," Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, vol. 13, pp. 492-498, Mar. 1967.
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- C. Fung, W. Yu, and T. Lim, "Multi-antenna downlink precoding with individual rate constraints: power minimization and user ordering," in Proc. ICCS, pp. 45-49.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기