Channel Assignment, Link Scheduling, Routing, and Rate Control for Multi-Channel Wireless Mesh Networks with Directional Antennas
The wireless mesh network (WMN) has attracted significant interests as a broadband wireless network to provide ubiquitous wireless access for broadband services. Especially with incorporating multiple orthogonal channels and multiple directional antennas into the WMN, each node can communicate with its neighbor nodes simultaneously without interference between them. However, as we allow more freedom, we need a more sophisticated algorithm to fully utilize it and developing such an algorithm is not easy in general. In this paper, we study a joint channel assignment, link scheduling, routing, and rate control problem for the WMN with multiple orthogonal channels and multiple directional antennas. This problem is inherently hard to solve, since the problem is formulated as a mixed integer nonlinear problem (MINLP). However, despite of its inherent difficulty, we develop an algorithm to solve the problem by using the generalized Benders decomposition approach . The simulation results show the proposed algorithm provides the optimal solution to maximize the network utility, which is defined as the sum of utilities of all sessions.
- H.-T. Roh and J.-W. Lee, "Joint channel and flow assignment algorithm for wireless mesh networks," in Proc. ICOIN, 2014, pp. 142-147.
- A. M. Geoffrion, "Generalized benders decomposition," J. Optimization Theory Appl., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 237-260, Oct. 1972.
- C. Olariu, J. Fitzpatrick, Y. Ghamri-Doudane, and L. Murphy, "Provisioning call quality and capacity for femtocells over wireless mesh backhaul," in Proc. PIMRC, 2013, pp. 3071-3076.
- T. N. et al., "On the throughput evaluation of wireless mesh network deployed in disaster areas," in Proc. ICNC, 2013, pp. 413-417.
- A. P. Subramanian, H. Gupta, S. R. Das, and J. Cao, "Minimum interference channel assignment in multiradio wireless mesh networks," IEEE Trans. Mobile Comput., vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1459-1473, Dec. 2008.
- S. Avallone, G. Stasi, and A. Kassler, "A traffic-aware channel and rate reassignment algorithm for wireless mesh networks," IEEE Trans. Moblie Comput., vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1335-1348, July 2013.
- Y. Ding, K. Pongaliur, and L. Xiao, "Channel allocation and routing in hybrid multichannel multiradio wireless mesh networks," IEEE Trans. Moblie Comput., vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 206-218, Feb. 2013.
- J. Tang, G. Xue, and W. Zhang, "Interference-aware topology control and qos routing in multi-channel wireless mesh networks," in Proc. ACM MobiHoc, 2005, pp. 68-77.
- A. Raniwala, K. Gopalan, and T.-C. Chiueh, "Centralized channel assignment and routing algorithms for multi-channel wireless mesh networks," ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Comput. Commun. Review, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 50-65, Apr. 2004.
- M. Alicherry, R. Bhatia, and L. E. Li, "Joint channel assignment and routing for throughput optimization in multi-radio wireless mesh networks," in Proc. ACM MobiCom, 2005, pp. 58-72.
- A. Dhananjay, H. Zhang, J. Li, and L. Subramanian, "Practical, distributed channel assignment and routing in dual-radio mesh networks," in Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, 2009, pp. 99-110.
- X. Lin and S. Rasool, "A distributed joint channel-assignment, scheduling and routing algorithm for multi-channel ad-hoc wireless networks," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, 2007, pp. 1118-1126.
- S. Das, H. Pucha, D. Koutsonikolas, Y. C. Hu, and D. Peroulis, "DMesh: Incorporating practical directional antennas in multichannel wireless mesh networks," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 2028-2039, Nov. 2006.
- W. Zhou, X. Chen, and D. Qiao, "Practical routing and channel assignment scheme for mesh networks with directional antennas," in Proc. IEEE ICC, 2008, pp. 3181-3187.
- W. Wong, X. Chen, F. Long, and S.-H. Chan, "Joint topology control and routing assignment for wireless mesh with directional antennas," in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM, 2012, pp. 5699-5704.
- F. Kelly, "Charging and rate control for elastic traffic," European Trans. Telecommun., vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 33-37, Jan. 1997.
- J. Mo and J.Walrand, "Fair end-to-end window-based congestion control," IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 556-567, Oct. 2000.
- S. Shenker, "Fundamental design issues for the future Internet," IEEE J. Sel. Area Commun., vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1176-1188, Sept. 1995.
- F. Kelly, A. Maulloo, and D. Tan, "Rate control for communication networks: shadow prices, proportional fairness and stability," J. Operational Research Soc., vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 237-252, Mar. 1998.
- A. K. Saha and D. B. Johnson, "Routing improvement using directional antennas in mobile ad hoc networks," in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM, 2004, pp. 2902-2908.
- J. F. Benders, "Partitioning procedures for solving mixed-variables programming problems," J. Numerische Mathematik, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 238-252, Dec. 1962.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2008 "다중클래스 통신망을 위한 동적 과금 기반의 호수락 제어 알고리즘" 한국통신학회논문지. The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society. 네트워크 및 서비스 33 (b8): 681~688
- 2009 "OFDMA 시스템에서 Elastic 서비스를 위한 Opportunistic 스케줄링 기법" 한국통신학회논문지. The journal of Korea Information and Communications Society. 무선통신 34 (a1): 76~83
- 2010 "OFDMA 셀룰러 시스템에서 펨토셀 Subchannel 할당 기법" 한국통신학회논문지. The journal of Korea Information and Communications Society. 무선통신 35 (a4): 350~359
- 2010 "펨토셀 접근 제어" 電子工學會誌 = The journal of Korea Institute of Electronics Engineers 37 (4): 62~70
- 2012 "Cross-Layer and End-to-End Optimization for the Integrated Wireless and Wireline Network" Journal of communications and networks 14 (5): 554~565
- 2012 "LTE 시스템에서 그룹 기반 M2M 단말 이동성 관리" 한국통신학회논문지. The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society. 네트워크 및 서비스 b37 (12): 1119~1127
- 2013 "사물인터넷 융합을 통한 스마트 기기의 발전 동향" 한국정보통신학회지 = The magazine of KIICE 14 (2): 17~23
- 2016 "무선 에너지 전송 센서망에서의 공평성을 고려한 라우팅, 스케줄링, 전력 제어" 한국통신학회논문지 = The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences 41 (2): 206~214
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기