Partly Random Multiple Weighting Matrices Selection for Orthogonal Random Beamforming
In the multi-user multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) system, orthogonal random beamforming (ORBF) scheme is proposed to serve multiple users simultaneously in order to achieve the multi-user diversity gain. The opportunistic space-division multiple access system (OSDMA-S) scheme performs multiple weighting matrices during the training phase and chooses the best weighting matrix to be used to broadcast data during the transmitting phase. The OSDMA-S scheme works better than the original ORBF by decreasing the inter-user interference during the transmitting phase. To save more time in the training phase, a partly random multiple weighting matrices selection scheme is proposed in this paper. In our proposed scheme, the Base Station does not need to use several unitary matrices to broadcast pilot symbol. Actually, only one broadcasting operation is needed. Each subscriber generates several virtual equivalent channels with a set of pre-saved unitary matrices and the channel status information gained from the broadcasting operation. The signal-to-interference and noise ratio (SINR) of each beam in each virtual equivalent channel is calculated and fed back to the base station for the weighting matrix selection and multi-user scheduling. According to the theoretical analysis, the proposed scheme relatively expands the transmitting phase and reduces the interactive complexity between the Base Station and subscribers. The asymptotic analysis and the simulation results show that the proposed scheme improves the throughput performance of the multi-user MIMO system.
- E. Dahlman, S. Ballpark, J. Skold, and P. Beming, 3G Evolution: HSPA and LTE for Mobile Broadband, Academic Press, Oxford, 2007.
- S. Sesia, I. Toufik, and M. Baker, LTE-The UMTS Long Term Evolution, Wiley Press, West Sussex, United Kingdom 2009.
- F. Khan, LTE for 4G Mobile Broadband, Cambridge University Press, New York, 2009.
- Q. Spencer, C. Peel, A. Swindlehurst, and M. Haardt, "An introduction to the multi-user MIMO downlink," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 42, no.10, pp.60-67, Oct. 2004.
- L. Tan, X. Zhan, J. Li, and F. Zhao, "A novel tree-based broadcast algorithm for wireless ad hoc networks," Int. J. Wireless Mobile Comp., vol. 1, no.2, pp. 156-162, 2006.
- D. Gesbert and M. Alouini, "Shifting the MIMO paradigm," IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 36-46, Oct. 2007.
- G. Caire and S. Shamai, "On the achievable throughput of a multiantenna Gaussian broadcast channel," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1691-1706, June 2003.
- H. Weingarten, Y. Steinberg, and S. Shamai, "The capacity region of the Gaussian multiple-input multiple-output broadcast channel," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 3936-3964, Aug. 2004.
- T. Yoo and A. Goldsmith, "On the optimality of multiantenna broadcast scheduling using zero-forcing beamforming," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 24, no. 3, pp.528-541, Mar. 2006.
- C. Zhang, Z. Zhang, and Y. Ma, "Interference mitigate based on an improved zero forcing algorithm formultiuser MIMO-OFDM systems," J. Harbin Institute Tech., vol. 39, pp. 757-760, 2007.
- Z. Pan, K. Wong, and T. Ng, "Generalized multiuser orthogonal space-division multiplexing," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1969-1973, Jan. 2004.
- G. Caire and S. Shamai, "A transmit preprocessing technique for multiuser MIMO systems using a decomposition approach," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 20-24, Jan. 2004.
- Q. Spencer, A. Swindlehurst, and M. Haardt, "Zero-forcing methods for downlink spatial multiplexing in multiuser MIMO channels," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 461-471, Jan. 2004.
- P. Viswanath,D. Tse, and R. Laroia, "Opportunistic beamforming using dumb antennas," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1277-1294, June 2002.
- M. Sharif and B. Hassibi, "On the capacity of MIMO broadcast channels with partial side information," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 51, no.2, pp. 506-522, Jan. 2005.
- M. Kountouris and D. Gesbert, "Robust multi-user opportunistic beamforming for sparse networks," in Proc. IEEE SPAWC, Piscataway, NJ, USA, June 2005, pp. 975-979.
- J. Vicario,R. Bosisio, C. Anton-Haro, and U. Spagnolini, "Beam selection strategies for orthogonal random beamforming in sparse networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 3385-3396, Sept. 2008.
- L. Guo and Y. Huang, "An opportunistic downlink MIMO-OFDM scheme," in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2006, pp. 285-288.
- M. Kountouris and D. Gesbert, "Memory-based opportunistic multi-user beamforming," in Proc. IEEE ISIT, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2005, pp. 1426-1430.
- W. Choi, A. Forenza, J. Andrews, and R. Heath, "Opportunistic spacedivision multiple access with beam selection," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 2371-2380, Dec. 2007.
- K. Huang, J. Andrews, and R. Heath, "Performance of orthogonal beamforming for SDMA with limited feedback," IEEE Trans.Vehicular Tech., vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 152-164, May 2008.
- J. Yan,Y. Kim, H. Chae, and D. Kim, "A closed form approximation of the sum rate of random beamforming with multiple codebooks and its application to control of the number of codebooks," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 672-674, Sept. 2008.
- L. Tan, G. Su, G. Zhu, and P. shang, "A multiple weighting matrices selection scheme based on orthogonal random beamforming for MIMO downlink system," Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics, pp. 864-873, 2009.
- B. Hassibi and T. Marzetta, "Multiple-antennas and isotropically random unitary inputs: The received signal density in closed form," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1473-1484, Aug. 2002.
- H. Yang and M. Alouini, Order statistics in wireless communications: Diversity, adaptation, and scheduling in MIMO and OFDM systems, Cambridge University Press, New York, 2011.
- H. Yang, P. Lu, H. Sung, and Y. KoH, Exact Sum-Rate Analysis of MIMO Broadcast Channels with Random Unitary Beamforming Based on Quantized SINR Feedback, in Proc. IEEE ICC, Beijing, China, 2008, pp. 3669-3673.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기