Resource Allocation in Full-Duplex OFDMA Networks: Approaches for Full and Limited CSIs
In-band wireless full-duplex is a promising technology that enables a wireless node to transmit and receive at the same time on the same frequency band. Due to the complexity of self-interference cancellation techniques, only base stations (BSs) are expected to be full-duplex capable while user terminals remain as legacy half-duplex nodes in the near future. In this case, two different nodes share a single subchannel, one for uplink and the other for downlink, which causes inter-node interference between them. In this paper, we investigate the joint problem of subchannel assignment and power allocation in a single-cell full-duplex orthogonal frequency division multiple access (OFDMA) network considering the inter-node interference. Specifically, we consider two different scenarios: i) The BS knows full channel state information (CSI), and ii) the BS obtains limited CSI through channel feedbacks from nodes. In the full CSI scenario, we design sequential resource allocation algorithms which assign subchannels first to uplink nodes and then to downlink nodes or vice versa. In the limited CSI scenario, we identify the overhead for channel measurement and feedback in full-duplex networks. Then we propose a novel resource allocation scheme where downlink nodes estimate inter-node interference with low complexity. Through simulation, we evaluate our approaches for full and limited CSIs under various scenarios and identify full-duplex gains in various practical scenarios.
- C. Nam, C. Joo, and S. Bahk, "Radio resource allocation with inter-node interference in full-duplex OFDMA networks," in Proc. IEEE ICC, 2015, pp. 3885-3890.
- "3GPP LTE-Advanced," [Online]. Available: http://www.3gpp.org/technologies/keywords-acronyms/97-lte-advanced.
- J. Jang and K. Lee, "Transmit power adaptation for multiuser OFDM systems," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 171-178, Feb. 2003.
- Y. Farazmand and A. S. Alfa, "Power allocation framework for OFDMA-based decode-and-forward cellular relay Networks," J. Commun. Netw, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 559-567, Oct. 2014.
- K. Kim, Y. Han, and S. Kim, "Joint subcarrier and power allocation in uplink OFDMA systems," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 526-528, June 2005.
- C. Ng and C. Sung, "Low complexity subcarrier and power allocation for utility maximization in uplink OFDMA systems," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 1667-1675, May 2008.
- Y. Yang, C. Nam, and N.B. Shroff, "A near-optimal randomized algorithm for uplink resource allocation in OFDMA systems," in Proc. IEEE WiOpt, 2014, pp. 218-225.
- A. Sabharwal et al., "In-band full-duplex wireless: Challenges and opportunities," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1637-1652, June 2014.
- J. Choi, M. Jain, K. Srinivasan, P. Levis, and S. Katti, "Achieving single channel full duplex wireless communication," in Proc. ACM MobiCom, 2010, pp. 1-12.
- E. Everett, M. Duarte, C. Dick, and A. Sabharwal, "Empowering full-duplex wireless communication by exploiting directional diversity," in Proc. IEEE ASILOMAR, 2011, pp. 2002-2006.
- A. Sahai, Gaurav Patel, and A. Sabharwal, "Pushing the limits of full-duplex: Design and real-time implementation," Rice University Technical Report TREE1104, June 2011.
- M. Jain et al., "Practical, real-time, full duplex wireless," in Proc. ACM MobiCom, 2012, pp. 301-312.
- D. Bharadia, E. McMilin, and S. Katti, "Full-duplex radio," in Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, 2013, pp. 375-386.
- C. Nam, C. Joo, and S. Bahk, "Joint subcarrier assignment and power allocation in full-duplex OFDMA networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 3108-3119, June 2015.
- X. Shen, X. Cheng, L. Yang, M. Ma, and B. Jiao, "On the design of the scheduling algorithm for the full duplexing wireless cellular network," in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM, 2013, pp. 4970-4975.
- A. C. Cirik, K. Rikkinin, R. Wang, and Y. Hua, "Resource allocation in full-duplex OFDMA systems with partial channel state information," in Proc. IEEE ChinaSIP, 2015, pp. 711-715.
- A. C. Cirik, K. Rikkinin, and M. Latva-aho, "Joint subcarrier and power allocation for sum-rate maximization in OFDMA full-duplex systems," in Proc. IEEE EuCNC, 2015, pp. 11-15.
- B. Di, S. Bayat, L. Song, and Y. Li, "Radio resource allocation for full-duplex OFDMA networks using matching theory," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM WKSHPS, 2014, pp. 197-198.
- A. C. Cirik, K. Rikkinin, Y. Rong, and T. Ratnarajah, "A subcarrier and power allocation algorithm for OFDMA full-duplex systems," in Proc. IEEE EuCNC, 2015, pp. 11-15.
- G. Al-Imari, M. Choraishi, P. Xiao, and R. Tafazolli, "Game theory based radio resource allocation for full-duplex systems," in Proc. IEEE VTC Spring, 2015, pp. 1-5.
- Z. Chen and X. Xu, "Minimum distance based precoder design for general MIMO systems using gram matrix," vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 634-646, Dec. 2015.
- J. Bai and A. Sabharwal, "Distributed full-duplex via wireless side-channels: Bounds and protocols," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 4162-4173, Aug. 2013.
- Y. Yang, B. Chen, K. Srinivasan, and N.B. Shroff, "Characterizing the achievable throughput in wireless networks with two active RF chains," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, 2014, pp. 262-270.
- X. Xie and X. Zhang, "Does full-duplex double the capacity of wireless networks?," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, 2014, pp. 253-261.
- C. Nam, C. Joo, N. B. Shroff, and S. Bahk, "Power allocation with internode interference in full-duplex wireless OFDM networks," Technical report, 2014.
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex optimization, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- C. Nam, C. Joo, and S. Bahk, "Resource allocation in full-duplex OFDMA networks: approaches for full and limited CSIs," Technical report, 2015.
- D. Nguyen, L.-N. Tran, P. Pirinen, and M. Latva-aho, "On the spectral efficiency of full-duplex small cell wireless systems," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 4896-4910, Sept. 2014.
- S. Patil and G. de Veciana, "Reducing feedback for opportunistic scheduling in wireless Systems," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 4227-4232, Dec. 2007.
- R. Agarwal, V. R.Majjigi, Z. Han, R. Vannithamby, and J.M. Cioffi, "Low complexity resource allocation with opportunistic feedback over downlink OFDMA networks," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1462-1472, Oct. 2008.
- T. Tang and R.W. Heath Jr., "Opportunistic feedback for downlink multiuser diversity," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 948-950, Oct. 2005.
- Y. Choi and S. Bahk, "Partial channel feedback schemes maximizing overall efficiency in wireless networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1306-1314, Apr. 2008.
- E. Yaacoub and Z. Dawy, "Distributed probabilistic scheduling in OFDMA uplink using subcarrier sensing," in Proc. IEEE WCNC, 2009, pp. 1-5.
- R. Agarwal, C. S. Hwang, and J.M. Cioffi, "Opportunistic feedback protocol for achieving sum-capacity of the MIMO broadcast channel," in Proc. IEEE VTC, 2007, pp. 606-610.
- G. S. Smith, "A direct derivation of a single-antenna reciprocity relation for the time domain," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1568-1577, June 2004.
- J. Leinonen, J. Hamalainen, and M. Juntti, "Performance analysis of downlink OFDMA resource allocation with limited feedback," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 2927-2937, June 2009.
- LTE Encyclopedia. [Online]. Available: https://sites.google.com/site/lteencyclopedia/lte-radio-link-budgeting-and-rf-planning.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기