유동성 재료의 동적 거동 해석을 위한 입자확대법 기반 DEM의 적용
Application of DEM with Coarse Graining Method to Fluidal Material Behavior Analysis
PURPOSES : In this paper, the applicability of DEM to a coarse graining method was evaluated by simulating a series of minicone tests for cement paste. METHODS : First, the fundamental physical quantities that are used in a static liquid bridge model were presented with three basic quantities based on the similarity principle and coarse graining method. Then, the scale factors and surface tensions for six different sizes of particles were determined using the relationship between the physical quantities and the basic quantities. Finally, the determined surface tensions and radii were utilized to simulate the fluidal behavior of cement paste under a minicone test condition, and the final shape of the cement paste with reference DEM particle radii was compared with the final shape of the others. RESULTS : The simulations with adjusted surface tensions for five different radii of particles and surface tension showed acceptable agreement with the simulation with regard to the reference size of the particle, although disagreement increases as the sizes of the particle radii increase. It seems reasonable to increase the particle radii by at least 0.196 cm considering the computational time reduction of 162 min. CONCLUSIONS : The coarse graining method based on the similarity principle is applicable for simulating the behavior of fluidal materials when the behavior of the materials can be described by a static liquid bridge model. However, the maximum particle radius should be suggested by considering not only the scale factor but also the relationship of the particle size and number with the radius of the curve of the boundary geometry.
- Alguacil, M. D., and Gauckler, L. J. (2011). "Accuracy of the toroidal approximation for the calculus of concave and convex liquid bridges between particles." Granular materials, Vol. 13, pp.487-492.
- Cengel, Y. A., Cimbala J. M. (2014). Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications. Third Edition, Mc Graw Hill.
- Feng, Y. T., Own, D. R. J., (2014). "Discrete element modeling of large scale particle systems-I: exact scaling laws." Comp. part mec,. Vol. 1, pp.159-168.
- Fisher, R. A. (1926). "On the capillary forces in an ideal soil; correction of formulae given by W. B. Haines." Journal of agricultural science, Vol. 16, Issue 3, pp.492-505.
- Lian, G., Thornton, C., Adams M. J. (1993). "A theoretical study of the liquid bridge forces between two rigid spherical bodies." Journal of colloid and interface science, Vol. 161, pp.138-147.
- Mazzone, D. N., Tardos, G. I., and Pfeffer, R. (1986). "The effect of gravity on the shape and strength of a liquid bridge between two spheres." Journal of colloid and interface science, Vol. 113, pp.544-556.
- Mikami, T., Kamiya, H., Horio, M. (1998). "Numerical simulation of cohesive powder behavior in a fluidized bed." Chemical engineering science, Vol. 53, pp.1927-1998
- Remy, B., Khinast, J.G., Glasser, B.J. (2012). "Wet granular flows in a bladed mixer: Experiments and simulations of monodisperse spheres." AlChE Journal, Vol. 58, Issue 11, pp.3354-3369.
- Tsuji, Y., Kawaguch, T., Tanaka, T. (1993). "Discrete particle simulation of two-dimensional fluidized bed." Powder technology, Vol. 77, pp.79-87.
- Tuck, E. O., Stokes, Y. M., Schwartz, L. W. (1997). "Slow slumping of a very viscous liquid bridge." Journal of engineering mathematics, Vol. 32, pp.27-40.
- Vincent, L., Duchemin, L., and Dizes, S. L. (2014). "Forced dynamics of a short viscous liquid bridge." Journal of fluid mechanis,. Vol. 761, pp.220-240.
- Yun, T. (2016). "Review on analytical solutions for slump flow of cement paste." International journal of highway engineering, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp.21-32.
- Yun, T., Park, H. M. (2016). "Feasibility study on similarity principle in discrete element method." International journal of highway engineering, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp.51-60.
- Yun, T. (2017). "Numerical analysis on flow of cement paste using 2D-CFD." International journal of highway engineering, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp.19-25.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기