확률기반 비신호교차로의 우회전 전용차로 설치 기준 정립
Establishing Probability-Based Warrants for Right-Turn Lanes at Unsignalized Intersections
PURPOSES : The objective of this study is to establish the traffic volume-based warrants of right-turn lanes at unsignalized intersections and to introduce a risk probability methodology based on the warrants. METHODS : In this study, a risk probability of a potential rear-end collision is applied between a right-turn vehicle and the immediately following through vehicle. Using the shifted negative exponential model and the compound probability theorem, the risk probability can be expressed as the function of directional volumes and the percentage of right-turns for a two-lane and four-lane highway, respectively. RESULTS : Based on the risk probablity, guidelines for installing right-turn lanes on two-lane and four-lane highways were developed. The risk probability also showed rationality by comparing with right-turn same-direction conflicts observed in-situ. CONCLUSIONS : The results of our study define the total approaching volumes to encourage a right-turn lane as a function of operating speed, percentage of right-turn, and number of lanes.
- AASHTO (2011). A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets.
- Ingrid B. Potts, John F. Ringert, Douglas W. Harwood, and Karin M. Bauer (2007). "Operational and Safety Effects of Right-turn Deceleration Lanes on Urban and Suburban Arterials." Transportation Research Record 2023, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D. C., pp.52-62.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) (2005). Manual of Transportation Engineering Studies.
- Jaepil Moon and Dongnyong Kim (2014). "A Study on Headway Distribution Models of Rural Two Lane Roads." International of Journal Highway Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.49-56.
- Jidong Yang, (2008). "Risk-Based Volume Warrants for Free Right-Turn Lanes on Two-Lane Roadways." Journal of Transportation Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 134, No. 4, pp.1155-162.
- J. M. Mounce (1983). "Influence of Arterial Access Control and Driveway Design on Energy Consumption." Transportation Research Record 901, Transportation Research Board, Washington D. C., pp.42-46.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT) (2013). Regulation on Geometric Design/Facilities Standards of Roads.
- Patrick T. McCoy, James A. Bonneson, Syed Ataullah, and Duane S. Eitel (1994). "Guidelines for Right-turn Lanes on Urban Roadways." Transportation Research Record 1445, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D. C., pp.130-137.
- Patrick T. McCoy and James A. Bonneson (1996). "Volume Warrants for Free Right-turn Lanes at Unsignalized Intersections on Rural Two-lane Highways." Transportation Research Record 1523, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D. C., pp.83-90
- Tanweer Hasan and Robert W. Stokes (1996). "Guidelines for Right-turn Treatments at Unsignalized Intersections and Driveways on Rural Highways" Transportation Research Record 1579, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D. C., pp.63-72.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기