치매두려움에 대한 개념분석
A Concept Analysis of Fear of Dementia
Purpose: This study tries to identify and clarify the concept of fear of dementia. Methods: The hybrid model method was used to perform a conceptual analysis of fear for dementia. Results from both the theoretical review of 35 studies and the field study with 8 community-dwelling older adults were included in the final stage. Results: Fear for dementia had 4 dimensions with 14 attributes including cognitive factors (direct experience of precursor symptoms of dementia, indirect experience of dementia, preliminary knowledge of dementia, impossibility of cognitive control, and confidence in dementia), emotional factors (negative feelings and pessimistic thoughts), social factors (social isolation, economic instability, embarrassment), and behavioral factors (existing health problems, making efforts to maintain health, impossibility of body control, peripheral autonomic nervous system response) along with 34 indicators. Conclusion: This study is meaningful because it reveals the attributes of Korean elderly adults' fear for dementia. In addition, the results may serve as a basis for the early assessment and management of fear for dementia.
- Lee DK. Clinical approach to dementia. Korean Journal of Clinical Geriatrics. 2013;14(1):11-19.
- Kwon S, Tae YS. The experience of adult Korean children caring for parents institutionalized with dementia. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2014;44(1):41-54. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2014.44.1.41
- Alzheimer's Association. 2014 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures. Alzheimer's & Dementia. 2014;10(2):e47-e92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jalz.2014.02.001
- Cutler SJ, Hodgson LG. Anticipatory dementia: A link between memory appraisals and concerns about developing Alzheimer's disease. The Gerontologist. 1996;36(5):657-664. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/36.5.657
- French SL, Floyd M, Wilkins S, Osato S. The fear of Alzheimer's disease scale: A new measure designed to assess anticipatory dementia in older adults. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2012;27(5):521-528. https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.2747
- Sun F, Gao X, Coon DW. Perceived threat of Alzheimer's disease among Chinese American older adults: The role of Alzheimer's disease literacy. Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences. 2013;70(2):245-255. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/gbt095
- Kessler EM, Sudhof J, Frolich L. "Dementia worry" in memory clinic patients not diagnosed with organic mental disorder. International Psychogeriatrics. 2014;26(6):1049-1051. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610214000349
- Kim HJ, Jung DY. A study of cognitive impairment, knowledge and attitudes about dementia among community-dwelling older adults. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society. 2015;35(3):731-743.
- Kim JS, Kim EH, An M. Experience of dementia-related anxiety in middle-aged female caregivers for family members with dementia: A phenomenological study. Asian Nursing Research. 2016;10(2):128-135. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anr.2016.02.001
- Kim S, Sargent-Cox KA, Anstey KJ. A qualitative study of older and middle aged adults' perception and attitudes towards dementia and dementia risk reduction. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2015;71(7):1694-1703. https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12641
- Batsch NL, Mittelman MS. World Alzheimer Report 2012: Overcoming the stigma of dementia [Internet]. London: Alzheimer's Disease International. 2012 [cited 2015 April 25]. Available from: https://www.alz.co.uk/research/WorldAlzheimerReport2012.pdf
- Petkus AJ, Reynolds CA, Wetherell JL, Kremen WS, Pedersen NL, Gatz M. Anxiety is associated with increased risk of dementia in older Swedish twins. Alzheimer's & Dementia. 2016; 12(4):399-406. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jalz.2015.09.008
- Chin AL, Negash S, Hamilton R. Diversity and disparity in dementia: The impact of ethnoracial differences in Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders. 2011;25(3):187-195. https://doi.org/10.1097/WAD.0b013e318211c6c9
- Boustani M, Perkins AJ, Monahan P, Fox C, Watson L, Hopkins J, et al. Measuring primary care patients' attitudes about dementia screening. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2008;23(8):812-820. https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.1983
- Schwartz-Barcott D, Kim, HS. An expansion and elaboration of the hybrid model of concept development. In: Rodgers BL, Knafl KA, editors. Concept development in nursing: Foundations, techniques, and applications. 2nd ed. PA: Saunders; 2000. p. 129-159.
- Walker LO, Avant KC. Strategies for theory construction in nursing. 5th ed. Boston: Prentice Hall; 2011. 243 p.
- Strauss A, Corbin JM. Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory. 2nd ed. CA: Sage Publications; 1998. 312 p.
- National Institute of the Korean Language. Basic Korean dictionary [Internet]. Seoul: Doosan Donga; 1999 [cited 2015 Apr 25]. Available from: http://stdweb2.korean.go.kr/main.jsp
- Ponds RW, Commissaris KJ, Jolles J. Prevalence and covariates of subjective forgetfulness in a normal population in the Netherlands. The International Journal of Aging and Human Development. 1997;45(3):207-221. https://doi.org/10.2190/MVQ1-WB58-875H-Y4X0
- Kessler EM, Bowen CE, Baer M, Froelich L, Wahl HW. Dementia worry: A psychological examination of an unexplored phenomenon. European Journal of Ageing. 2012;9(4):275-284. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10433-012-0242-8
- Moon Y, Kim HJ, Choi H, Oh Si, Han SH. Validity of the Korean version of the Fear of Alzheimer's Disease Scale for the assessment of anticipatory dementia. Journal of Korean Medical Science. 2014;29(3):411-415. https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2014.29.3.411
- Belling C. A condition of doubt: The meanings of hypochondria. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2012. 288 p.
- Lazarus RS. Psychological stress and the coping process. NY: McGraw-Hill; 1966. 466 p.
- Lewis M, Haviland-Jones JM, Barrett LF. Handbook of emotions. 3rd ed. NY: The Guilford Press; 2008. 928 p.
- Sargent-Cox KA, Rippon M, Burns RA. Measuring anxiety about aging across the adult lifespan. International Psychogeriatric. 2014;26(1):135-145. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610213001798
- Taylor S. Anxiety sensitivity: Theoretical perspectives and recent findings. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 1995;33(3): 243-258. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-7967(94)00063-P
- Kong ES, Choi MS. Study on nursing students' experience of caring older patients with dementia. Korean Journal of Research in Gerontology. 2014;23:9-36.
- Ha J. Disease awareness process in elderly with early dementia [dissertation]. [Seoul]: Hanyang University; 2007. 100 p.
- Riley RJ, Burgener S, Buckwalter KC. Anxiety and stigma in dementia: A threat to aging in place. Nursing Clinics of North America. 2014;49(2):213-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnur.2014.02.008
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기