What is the Switching Intention from Existing Payment to Mobile Payment Service?
Recently, the use of mobile payment, called "Pay" payment, is increasing such as 'KakaoPay' and 'SamsungPay'. In Korea, various mobile payment services are running and emerging. The purpose of this study is to examine the intention to switch from using existing credit cards or check card to mobile payment service based on the two-factor theory. We empirically examined the effect of the two factors, the factors that enable switching and the factors that inhibit switching. Therefore, the study use switching cost and switching benefit as parameters to confirm the effect on the switching intention. In addition, this study intends to analyze the differences between two subgroups by the degree of personal innovativeness. We survey smartphone users and credit card or check card users, and analyzed the Smart PLS 3.0 using structural equation model to verify the significance of the research hypothesis.
- C.H. Jung and J.H. Jo. 2017.09.09., http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/08/28/2017082800872.html
- DMC report, http://www.dmcreport.co.kr/content/ReportView.php?type=Consumer&id=7610&gid=8
- J. Hwang and H.S. Yu, "A Study of Factors Affecting the Intention to use a Mobile Easy Payment Service: An Integrated Extension of TAM with Perceived Risk", Journal of Information Technology and Archtecture, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp.291-306, June, 2016.
- Y.J. Choi and H.C. Kim, "An Empirical Analysis of the Factors Influencing Intention to Use Mobile Easy Payment Service Applying MPTAM of University Students", Journal of Financial Services Consumers, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.109-133, Aug. 2016.
- S.G, Lee, and S.H Kim, "A Study on the perceived characteristics of the mobile payment service using the technology acceptance model", Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.103-109, 2004.
- B.C. Hwang, K.S. Chung, M.J., Noh, "An Empirical Study on Relationships between Characteristics of Mobile Payment Services and Continuance Intention", Journal of Business Education, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp.591-615, 2016.
- C.H. Go and E.Y. Han, "The Influence of the Attributes of Mobile Simple Payment on the Continuous Intention to Use: Focused on Moderating Effect of Mobile Simple Payment User's Innovativeness", Entrue Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.109-122, Aug. 2016.
- F. Herzberg, "One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees?". Harvard Business Review, Vol. 65, No. 5, pp.109-120. 1987.
- S.H. Lee, I.K. Kim, H.G. Lee and H.J. Park, "A Study for Factors Influencing the Usage Increae and Decrease of Mobile Data Service: Based on The Two Factor Theory", The Journal of MIS Research, Vol. 17, No., pp.97-122 Jun, 2007.
- C.T. Liu, Y.M. Guo, and C.H. Lee, "The Effects of Relationship Quality and Switching Barriers on Customer Loyalty", International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp.71-79. 2011.
- S.C. Park and S.Y. Ryoo, "An Empirical Investigation of End-Users' Switching Toward Cloud Computing: A Two Factor Theory Perspective", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 29, pp.160-170, 2013.
- E. Diener, H. Smith, and F. Fujita, "The Personality Structure of Affect", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 69, No. 1, pp.130-141. 1995.
- R.J. Lewicki, D.J. McCallister, and R.J. Bies, "Trust and distrust: New Relationships and Realities", Academy of Management Review, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp.438-458, 1998.
- M.A. Jones, D.L. Mothersbaugh, and S.E. Beatty, "Why Customers Stay: Measuring the Underlying Dimensions of Services Switching Costs and Managing Their Differential Strategic Outcomes", Journal of Business Research, Vol. 55, No. 6, pp.441-450. 2002
- H.W. Kim, and A. Kankanhalli, "Investigating User Resistance to Information Systems Implementation: A Status Quo Bias Perspective. Mis Quarterly, pp.567-582. 2009.
- Y.T. Kim, and J.C. Oh, "An Empirical Study on Effect of Mobile Banking Service Quality on Customer Loyalty and Switching Intention", Korean Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp.2855-2877, Dec. 2007.
- L. Fan and Y.H. Suh, "Why Do Users Switch To a Disruptive Technology? An Empirical Study Based on Expectation-Disconfirmation Theory", Information & Management, Vol.51, pp.240-248, 2014.
- W. Samuelson, and R. Zeckhauser, "Status Quo Bias in Decision Making". Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Vol 1, No. 1, pp.7-59. 1988.
- S.H. Kim, "Moderating Effects of Switching Cost on the IT Service Switching Intention". The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp.452-460. 2013.
- N. Sharma, and P.G. Patterson, "Switching Costs, Alternative Attractiveness and Experience as Moderators of Relationship Commitment in Professional, Consumer Services", International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp.470-490, 2000.
- E.M. Rogers, "Diffusion of preventive innovations", Addictive behaviors, Vol. 27. No.6, pp.989-993, 2002.
- J.V. Chen, D.C. Yen, and K. Chen, "The Acceptance and Diffusion of the Innovative Smart Phone Use: A Case Study of a Delivery Service Company in Logistics", Information & Management, Vol. 46, No.4, pp.241-248. 2009
- Y.H. Jung, G. Kim, and C.C. Lee, "Factors Influencing User Satisfaction and Continuous Usage Intention on Mobile Credit Card : Based on Innovation Diffusion Theory and Post Acceptance Model", The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol.20, No.3, pp.11-28, Aug. 2015.
- Davis, F. D., "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technologies", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 319-335. 1989.
- P.G. Schierz, O. Schilke, and B.W. Wirtz, "Understanding Consumer Acceptance of Mobile Payment Services: An Empirical Analysis", Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp.209-216. 2010.
- L.D, Ha and H.S. Lee, "Perceived Risk and User Resistance of Mobile Wallet Service". Entrue Journal of Information Technology, Vol.14, No. 3, pp.115-129, 2015.
- A. Lee, J.W. Choi, and K.K Kim, "The Determinants of User Resistance to Adopting e-Books : Based on Innovation Characteristics and User Attitude", The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp.95-114, 2012.
- S.D. Kim, P. Park, S.B, Yang, "Influencing Factors on Users' Resistance to the Mobile Easy Payment Services : Focusing on the Case of KakaoPay Users", Journal of Information Technology Services, Vol.16, No.2, pp.139-156, Jun, 2017.
- R. Agarwal, and J. Prasad, "Are Individual Differences Germane to the Acceptance of New Technologies?" Decision Sciences, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp.361-391, 1999.
- J.A. Lee and E.Y Na, "The Influence of Motivation for Using Smart Phone Application and Innovativeness/Compatibility on Application USe and Substitution for Other Media/Living Equipments", Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol.56, No.5, Sep. 2012.
- J.Y. Han, S.B. Kang, and T.S. Moon, "An Empirical Study on Perceived Value and Continuous Intention to Use of Smart Phone, and the Moderating Effect of Personal Innovativeness", Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systmes, Vol. 23, No. 4, Dec. 2013.
- Y. Lee, and K.A. Kozar, "An Empirical Investigation of Anti-Spyware Software Adoption: A Multitheoretical Perspective" Information & Management, Vol.45, No.2, pp.109-119. 2008.
- W.W. Chin, B.L. Marcolin, and P.R. Newsted, "A Partial Least Squares Latent Variable Modeling Approach for Measuring Interaction Effects: Results from a Monte Carlo Simulation Study and an Electronic-Mail Emotion/Adoption Study." Information Systems Research, Vol. 14, No. 2 pp.189-217. 2003.
- R.P. Bagozzi, P. Richard, and Y. Yi, "On the Evaluation of Structural Equation Models." Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.74-94. 1998.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기