Response and control of jacket structure with magneto-rheological damper at multiple locations/combinations
In this paper a comprehensive study for the structural control of Jacket platform with Magneto-Rheological (MR) damper is presented. The control is implemented as a closed loop feedback of the applied voltage in the MR Damper using fuzzy logic. Nine cases of combinations with MR damper are presented to complete the work. The selection of the MR damper (RD 1005-3) is based on the operating parameters (i.e., the range of frequency and displacement). Bingham model is used to obtain the control forces. The damping co-efficient of the model is obtained using empirical relationship between the voltage in the MR damper and input velocity from the structural members. The force acting on the structure is obtained from Morison equation using P-M spectrum. The results show that the reliable control was obtained when there was a continuous connection of multiple MR dampers with the lower levels of the structure. Independent MR dampers at different levels provided control within a range, while the MR dampers placed at alternate positions gave very high control.
- Ahn, K.K., Truong, D.Q. and Islam, M.A. (2009), "Modeling of a magneto-rheological (MR) fluid damper using a self tuning fuzzy mechanism", J. Mech. Sci. Technol., 23(5), 1485-1499. doi: 10.1007/s12206-009-0359-7.
- Ali, S.F. and Ramaswamy, A. (2009), "Hybrid structural control using magnetorheological dampers for base isolated structures", Smart Mater. Struct., 18(5), 055011 (16 pp.). doi: 10.1088/0964-1726/18/5/055011.
- Aly, A.M. (2013), "Vibration control of buildings using magnetorheological damper: A new control algorithm", J. Eng., 1-10. doi: 10.1155/2013/596078.
- Barros, R. C. (2012) 'Experimental Behaviour and Numerical Analysis of MR Dampers dampers', 15 Wcee.
- Basili, M., De Angelis, M. and Fraraccio, G. (2013), "Shaking table experimentation on adjacent structures controlled by passive and semi-active MR dampers", J. Sound Vib., 332(13), 3113-3133. doi: 10.1016/j.jsv.2012.12.040.
- Carlson, J.D. and Weiss, K.D. (1994), "A growing attraction to magnetic fluids", Machine Des., 8, 61-66.
- Caterino, N. (2015), "Semi-active control of a wind turbine via magnetorheological dampers", J. Sound Vib., 345, 1-17. doi: 10.1016/j.jsv.2015.01.022.
- Chandrasekaran, S. (2015), Dynamic Analysis and Design of Offshore Structures, Ocean Eng ineering & Oceanography., Springer. India.
- Chen, J. et al. (2004), "Seismic response control of a complex structure using semi-active friction dampers", Struct. Mater., 5391(852), 177-188. doi: 10.1117/12.540901.
- Das, D. and Som, A. (2017), "Decentralized sliding mode control of offshore jacket platforms subjected to earthquake ground excitations", Proceedings of the 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering. Santiago.
- Deng, Z. (2008), "Omae2008-57106 experimental research on the vibration reduction and impact", 1-7.
- Dyke, S.J., Sain, M.K., Spencer Jr. B.F. and Carlson, S.J. (1996), "Modeling and control of magnetorheological dampers for seismic response reduction-1996.pdf", Smart Mater. Struct., 5, 565-575.
- Ghorbany, D. and Daruish (2011) MR damper hysteresis characterization for the semi-active suspension system, 65.
- Housner, G.W. et al. (1997), "Structural control: Past, present, and future", J. Eng. Mech., 123(9), 897-971. doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1997)123:9(897).
- Hutton, D.V. (2004), Fundamentals of finite element analysis, New York: Mc-Graw-Hill,Inc.
- Jansen, L.M. and Dyke, S.J. (2000), "Semiactive control strategies for MR dampers: comparative study", J. Intel.Mat. Syst. Str., 126(8), 795-803.
- Janusz Goldasz, B.S. (2015), Insight into magnetorheological shock absorbers download: Insight Into Magnetorheological Shock Absorbers.
- Ji, C. (2009), "OMAE2009-79847", in.
- Kang, H.S. et al. (2013), "Semi-active magneto-rheological damper to reduce the dynamic response of top-tension risers", Proceedings of the International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference.
- Khalid, M. et al. (2014), "Nonlinear identification of a magneto-rheological damper based on dynamic neural networks", Comput.-Aided Civil Infrastruct. Eng., 29(3), 221-233. doi: 10.1111/mice.12005.
- Khan, S. A., Suresh, A. and SeethaRamaiah, N. (2014) "Principles, Characteristics and Applications of Magneto Rheological Fluid Damper in Flow and Shear Mode", Procedia Materials Science. Elsevier B.V., 6(Icmpc), pp. 1547-1556. doi: 10.1016/j.mspro.2014.07.136.
- Khoshnoudian, F. and Molavi-Tabrizi, A. (2012), "Responses of isolated building with MR dampers and fuzzy logic", Int. J. Civil Eng., 10(3), 222-231.
- Kori, J.G. and Jangid, R.S. (2009), "Semi-active MR dampers for seismic control of structures", Bull. New Zealand Soc. Earthq. Eng., 42(3), 157-166.
- Li, H., Chang, Z. and Li, J. (2005), "Semi-active control for eccentric structures with MR", in ICIC 2005, 139-148.
- Lijesh, K.P., Muzakkir, S.M. and Hirani, H. (2016), "Rheological measurement of redispersibility and settling to analyze the effect of surfactants on MR particles", Tribology - Materials, Surfaces and Interfaces, 10(1), 53-62. doi: 10.1080/17515831.2015.1132133.
- Mani, J. (2012), Coastal Hydrodynamics, PHI Learning Private Limited.
- Pierson, W. and Muskowitz, L. (1964), "A proposed spectral form for fully developed wind seas based on the similarity theory of S.A. Kitaigorodskii", J. Geophys., 69, 5181-5190.
- Sapinski, B. and Filus, J. (2003), "Analysis of parametric models of MR linear damper", J. Theor. Appl. Mech., 41(2), 215-240, http://www.warminski.pollub.plwww.ptmts.org.pl/2003-2-sapinski-f.pdf.
- Sarrafan, A. et al. (2012), "Neuro-fuzzy control strategy for an offshore steel jacket platform subjected to wave-induced forces using magnetorheological dampers", J. Mech. Sci. Technol., 26(4), 1179-1196. doi: 10.1007/s12206-012-0212-2.
- Shrimali, M.K. (2012), "Seismic response of connected liquid tanks with MR dampers", Proceedings of the 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (15WCEE), (i).
- Solepatil, S.B. and Awadhani, L.V. (2014), "Transmissibility analysis of magneto - rheological damper", 3(5), 46-50.
- Spaggiari, A. (2012), "Properties and applications of magnetorheological fluids", Frattura ed Integrita Strutturale, 23, 57-61. doi: 10.3221/IGF-ESIS.23.06.
- Suhardjo, J. and Kareem, A. (1997), "Structural control of offshore platforms", 1, 880653-29, https://www.onepetro.org/download/conference-paper/ISOPE-I-97-062?id=conference-paper%2FISOPEI-97-062.
- Taghikhany, T. et al. (2013), "The effect of semi-active controller in Sirri jacket seismic vibration control under Kobe earthquake", J. Mar. Sci. Eng., 3(2), 77-84, http://ijmase.srbiau.ac.ir/?_action=articleInfo&article=1695%5CnL1.
- Uz, M.E. and Hadi, M.N.S. (2014), "Optimal design of semi active control for adjacent buildings connected by MR damper based on integrated fuzzy logic and multi-objective genetic algorithm", Eng. Struct., 69, 135-148. doi: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2014.03.006.
- Venkatesan, A. (2011), "A new model parameter identification technique for magnetorheological dampers", 5(12), 1111-1116.
- Wandji, N., Natarajan, W. and Anand (2017), "Application of magneto-rheological dampers to alleviate fatigue damage of jacket substructrues for 20 MW wind turbines", Proceedings of the Wind Energy Science Conference, Lyngby,Denmark.
- Weaver, J.W. and Johnston, P.R. (1987), Structural Dynamics by Finite Elements, Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs,NJ, USA.
- Wilson, W. B. (1955), "CHAPTER 4 Hurricane wave statistics", Coast. Eng., 68-95.
- Yang, G. et al. (2002), "Large-scale MR fluid dampers: Modeling and dynamic performance considerations", Eng. Struct., 24(3), 309-323. doi: 10.1016/S0141-0296(01)00097-9.
- Yang, Y. and Ou, J. (2006), "Experimental research on isolation structure model of jacket offshore platform with MR damper", J. Vib. Shock.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기