Incidentally Discovered Solitary Gastrointestinal Polyp with Pathological Significance in Children: Four Case Reports
Most solitary gastrointestinal (GI) polyps in children are either inflammatory or hamartomatous. Solitary hyperplastic polyp, sentinel polyp and solitary adenomatous polyp have been occasionally diagnosed in adults, but very rarely reported in Korean children. We recently came across a case with adenomatous polyp in the colon, a case with hyperplastic polyp beneath the gastroesophageal junction, a case with hyperplastic polyp in the prepyloric area, and a case with sentinel polyp in the distal esophagus, which are unusual pathologic types in children. These mucosal lesions were diagnosed incidentally during elective endoscopic examinations for GI symptoms. Most polyps do not cause significant symptoms, so the diagnosis might be delayed, especially in children, in whom GI endoscopy is not commonly performed for screening purpose as in the adults.
- Dirschmid K, Platz-Baudin C, Stolte M. Why is the hyperplastic polyp a marker for the precancerous condition of the gastric mucosa? Virchows Arch 2006;448:80-4.
- Lim MS, Seo JK, Ko JS, Yang HR, Kang GH, Kim WS. Clinical, endoscopic and pathologic findings of colonic polyposis in Korean children. Korean J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2010;13:154-63.
- Kim JW, Song JY, Lee HK, Yun HS, Yang I, Shim JW, et al. A case of isolated adenomatous polyp of rectum in a child: tubulovillous adenoma. Korean J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1999;2:250-5.
- Lee KS, Lee SH, Myong NH. Peutz-Jeghers syndrome with adenomatous change in a fifteen-month-old boy. Korean J Gastroenterol 2015;66:106-10.
- Hongo M, Fujimoto K; Gastric Polyps Study Group. Incidence and risk factor of fundic gland polyp and hyperplastic polyp in long-term proton pump inhibitor therapy: a prospective study in Japan. J Gastroenterol 2010;45:618-24.
- Pashankar DS, Israel DM. Gastric polyps and nodules in children receiving long-term omeprazole therapy. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2002;35:658-62.
- Ohkusa T, Takashimizu I, Fujiki K, Suzuki S, Shimoi K, Horiuchi T, et al. Disappearance of hyperplastic polyps in the stomach after eradication of Helicobacter pylori. A randomized, clinical trial. Ann Intern Med 1998;129:712-5.
- Nakamura T, Nakano G. Histopathological classification and malignant change in gastric polyps. J Clin Pathol 1985;38:754-64.
- Park SJ, Kim HG, Yang JH, Song HJ, Jin SY, Ryu CB, et al. A case of adenocarcinoma arising in hyperplastic polyp in the stomach. Korean J Gastrointest Endosc 2003;27:153-7.
- Fry LC, Lazenby AJ, Lee DH, Monkemuller K. Signet-ring-cell adenocarcinoma arising from a hyperplastic polyp in the stomach. Gastrointest Endosc 2005;61:493-5.
- Horrilleno EG, Eckert C, Ackerman LV. Polyps of the rectum and colon in children. Cancer 1957;10:1210-20.
- Friedman CJ, Fechner RE. A solitary juvenile polyp with hyperplastic and adenomatous glands. Dig Dis Sci 1982;27:946-8.
- Goddard AF, Badreldin R, Pritchard DM, Walker MM, Warren B; on behalf of the British Society of Gastroenterology. The management of gastric polyp. Gut 2010;59;1270-6.
- Ryu HS, Shin SR, Kim KH, Seo GS, Choi SC. A case of a gastric hyperplastic polyp with a signet ring cell carcinoma. Korean J Gastrointest Endosc 2008;36: 376-9.
- Han AR, Sung CO, Kim KM, Park CK, Min BH, Lee JH, et al. The clinicopathological features of gastric hyperplastic polyps with neoplastic transformations: a suggestion of indication for endoscopic polypectomy. Gut Liver 2009;3:271-5.
- Abraham SC, Singh VK, Yardley JH, Wu TT. Hyperplastic polyps of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction: histologic and clinicopathologic findings. Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:1180-7.
- Bishop PR, Nowicki MJ, Subramony C, Parker PH. The inflammatory polyp-fold complex in children. J Clin Gastroenterol 2002;34:229-32.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기