Role of fetal ultrasound in prenatally diagnosed de novo balanced translocations
Purpose: This study aimed to investigate fetal ultrasonographic findings in cases of prenatally diagnosed de novo balanced translocations and the role of fetal ultrasound in prenatal genetic counseling. Materials and Methods: We collected cases with de novo balanced translocations that were confirmed in chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis, and cordocentesis between 1995 and 2016. A detailed, high-resolution ultrasonography was performed for prediction of prognosis. Chromosomes from the parents of affected fetuses were also analyzed to determine whether the balanced translocations were de novo or inherited. Results: Among 32,070 cases with prenatal cytogenetic analysis, 27 cases (1/1,188 incidence) with de novo balanced translocations were identified. Fourteen cases (51.9%) showed abnormal findings, and the frequency of major structural anomalies was 11.1%. Excluding the major structural anomalies, all mothers who continued pregnancies delivered healthy babies. Conclusion: Results of a detailed, high-resolution ultrasound examination are very important in genetic counseling for prenatally diagnosed de novo balanced translocations.
- Chen CP, Wu PC, Lin CJ, Su YN, Chern SR, Tsai FJ, et al. Balanced reciprocal translocations detected at amniocentesis. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 2010;49:455-67.
- Tierney I, Axworthy D, Smith L, Ratcliffe SG. Balanced rearrangements of the autosomes: results of a longitudinal study of a newborn survey population. J Med Genet 1984;21:45-51.
- Sinnerbrink IB, Sherwen A, Meiser B, Halliday J, Amor DJ, Waters E, et al. Long-term health and development of children diagnosed prenatally with a de novo apparently balanced chromosomal rearrangement. Prenat Diagn 2013;33:831-8.
- Schluth-Bolard C, Delobel B, Sanlaville D, Boute O, Cuisset JM, Sukno S, et al. Cryptic genomic imbalances in de novo and inherited apparently balanced chromosomal rearrangements: array CGH study of 47 unrelated cases. Eur J Med Genet 2009;52:291-6.
- Gijsbers AC, Bosch CA, Dauwerse JG, Giromus O, Hansson K, Hilhorst-Hofstee Y, et al. Additional cryptic CNVs in mentally retarded patients with apparently balanced karyotypes. Eur J Med Genet 2010;53:227-33.
- De Gregori M, Ciccone R, Magini P, Pramparo T, Gimelli S, Messa J, et al. Cryptic deletions are a common finding in “balanced” reciprocal and complex chromosome rearrangements: a study of 59 patients. J Med Genet 2007;44:750-62.
- MacGregor DJ, Imrie S, Tolmie JL. Outcome of de novo balanced translocations ascertained prenatally. J Med Genet 1989;26:590-1.
- Peng HH, Chao AS, Wang TH, Chang YL, Chang SD. Prenatally diagnosed balanced chromosome rearrangements: eight years' experience. J Reprod Med 2006;51:699-703.
- Warburton D. De novo balanced chromosome rearrangements and extra marker chromosomes identified at prenatal diagnosis: clinical significance and distribution of breakpoints. Am J Hum Genet 1991;49:995-1013.
- Park S, Lee BY, Kim YM, Kim JM, Lee MH, Kim JW, et al. De novo chromosomal aberrations in the fetus; genetic counseling and clinical outcome. J Korean Med Sci 2003;18:397-401.
- Talkowski ME, Ordulu Z, Pillalamarri V, Benson CB, Blumenthal I, Connolly S, et al. Clinical diagnosis by whole-genome sequencing of a prenatal sample. N Engl J Med 2012;367:2226-32.
- Wassman ER, Cheyovich DL, Nakahara Y. “Possibly” de novo translocations: prenatal risk counseling. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1989;161:698-702.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2007 "Prenatal diagnosis of a de novo ring chromosome 11" Journal of genetic medicine 4 (1): 80~83
- 2009 "Prenatally Diagnosed Uncommon Mosaic Autosomal Trisomy" Journal of genetic medicine 6 (1): 95~99
- 2009 "Prenatal Diagnosis of the 22q11.2 Duplication Syndrome" Journal of genetic medicine 6 (2): 175~178
- 2012 "A Prenatal Case of Paracentric Inversion of Chromosome 18, inv(18)(q21.1q22)" Journal of genetic medicine 9 (2): 101~103
- 2012 "Analysis of Parental Decisions Based on Sex Chromosome Abnormalities Detected Prenatally: A Ten-year update (2001-2010)" Journal of genetic medicine 9 (1): 17~21
- 2013 "Prenatal Diagnosis of Chromosome 22q11.2 Deletions: Experiences in a Single Institution" Journal of genetic medicine 10 (2): 99~103
- 2013 "Paracentric Inversions Found in Prenatal Diagnosis" Journal of genetic medicine 10 (2): 104~108
- 2015 "An unusual de novo duplication 10p/deletion 10q syndrome: The first case in Korea" Journal of genetic medicine 12 (1): 49~56
- 2016 "Three cases of rare SRY-negative 46,XX testicular disorder of sexual development with complete masculinization and a review of the literature" Journal of genetic medicine 13 (2): 78~88
- 2017 "Prenatal diagnosis of interchromosomal insertion of Y chromosome heterochromatin in a family" Journal of genetic medicine 14 (2): 62~66
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기