A family with NKX2.5 gene mutations presenting as familial atrial septal defect and atrioventricular block: A case report
Point mutations in the human cardiac homeobox gene NKX2.5 are associated with familial atrial septal defect (ASD), atrioventricular (AV) conduction disturbance, as well as sudden cardiac death. To date, more than 60 NKX2.5 mutations have been documented, but there are no reports in Korea. We are reporting the first Korean family with ASD and AV block associated with a novel mutation in the NKX2.5 coding region. A 9-year-old boy presented with a slow and irregular pulse, and was diagnosed with secundum ASD and first degree AV block. The boy's father, who had a history of ASD correction surgery, presented with second degree AV block and atrial fibrillation. The boy's brother was also found to have secundum ASD and first degree AV block. There were two sudden deaths in the family. Genetic testing revealed a novel mutation of NKX2.5 in all affected members of the family.
- Schott JJ, Benson DW, Basson CT, Pease W, Silberbach GM, Moak JP, et al. Congenital heart disease caused by mutations in the transcription factor NKX2-5. Science 1998;281:108-11.
- Ellesoe SG, Johansen MM, Bjerre JV, Hjortdal VE, Brunak S, Larsen LA. Familial atrial septal defect and sudden cardiac death: identification of a novel NKX2-5 mutation and a review of the literature. Congenit Heart Dis 2016;11:283-90.
- McElhinney DB, Geiger E, Blinder J, Benson DW, Goldmuntz E. NKX2.5 mutations in patients with congenital heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2003;42:1650-5.
- Akazawa H, Komuro I. Cardiac transcription factor Csx/Nkx2-5: its role in cardiac development and diseases. Pharmacol Ther 2005;107:252-68.
- Hirayama-Yamada K, Kamisago M, Akimoto K, Aotsuka H, Nakamura Y, Tomita H, et al. Phenotypes with GATA4 or NKX2.5 mutations in familial atrial septal defect. Am J Med Genet A 2005;135:47-52.
- Rijnbeek PR, Witsenburg M, Schrama E, Hess J, Kors JA. New normal limits for the paediatric electrocardiogram. Eur Heart J 2001;22:702-11.
- Dentice M, Cordeddu V, Rosica A, Ferrara AM, Santarpia L, Salvatore D, et al. Missense mutation in the transcription factor NKX2-5: a novel molecular event in the pathogenesis of thyroid dysgenesis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006;91:1428-33.
- van Engelen K, Mommersteeg MT, Baars MJ, Lam J, Ilgun A, van Trotsenburg AS, et al. The ambiguous role of NKX2-5 mutations in thyroid dysgenesis. PLoS One 2012;7:e52685.
- Pashmforoush M, Lu JT, Chen H, Amand TS, Kondo R, Pradervand S, et al. Nkx2-5 pathways and congenital heart disease; loss of ventricular myocyte lineage specification leads to progressive cardiomyopathy and complete heart block. Cell 2004;117:373-86.
- Maury P, Gandjbakhch E, Baruteau AE, Bessiere F, Kyndt F, Bouvagnet P, et al. Cardiac phenotype and long-term follow-up of patients with mutations in NKX2-5 gene. J Am Coll Cardiol 2016;68:2389-90.
- Gelernter-Yaniv L, Lorber A. The familial form of atrial septal defect. Acta Paediatr 2007;96:726-30.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5734/JGM.2018.15.1.20
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기