Wilms tumor, aniridia, genitourinary anomalies, and mental retardation syndrome with deletion of chromosome 11p14.3p12
WAGR (Wilms tumor, aniridia, genitourinary anomalies, and mental retardation) syndrome is a rare contiguous gene deletion syndrome caused by deleting genes including WT1 and PAX6 genes in 11p13 region, which is characterized by Wilms tumor, aniridia, genitourinary abnormalities, and intellectual disability. We report the clinical and cytogenetic characteristics of one Korean patient with WAGR syndrome. The patient shows bilateral sporadic aniridia and genital anomalies at 2 months of age. A heterozygous 14.5 Mb interstitial deletion of 11p14.3p12 region was detected by array comparative genomic hybridization. At 2 years and 10 months of age, Wilms tumor is found through regularly abdominal ultrasonography and treated by chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery.
- Miller RW, Fraumeni JF Jr, Manning MD. Association of wilms's tumor with aniridia, hemihypertrophy and other congenital malformations. N Engl J Med 1964;270:922-7.
- Rose EA, Glaser T, Jones C, Smith CL, Lewis WH, Call KM, et al. Complete physical map of the WAGR region of 11p13 localizes a candidate Wilms' tumor gene. Cell 1990;60:495-508.
- Fischbach BV, Trout KL, Lewis J, Luis CA, Sika M. WAGR syndrome: a clinical review of 54 cases. Pediatrics 2005;116:984-8.
- Almind GJ, Brondum-Nielsen K, Bangsgaard R, Baekgaard P, Gronskov K. 11p microdeletion including WT1 but not PAX6, presenting with cataract, mental retardation, genital abnormalities and seizures: a case report. Mol Cytogenet 2009;2:6.
- Gronskov K, Olsen JH, Sand A, Pedersen W, Carlsen N, Bak Jylling AM, et al. Population-based risk estimates of Wilms tumor in sporadic aniridia. A comprehensive mutation screening procedure of PAX6 identifies 80% of mutations in aniridia. Hum Genet 2001;109:11-8.
- Min KS, Baek HJ, Han DK, You JH, Hwang TJ, Kwon DD, et al. Wilms' tumor, aniridia, genitourinary anomalies, and mental retardation (WAGR) syndrome: successful treatment of the first case with bilateral Wilms' tumors in Korea. Korean J Pediatr 2008;51:1355-8.
- Xu S, Han JC, Morales A, Menzie CM, Williams K, Fan YS. Characterization of 11p14-p12 deletion in WAGR syndrome by array CGH for identifying genes contributing to mental retardation and autism. Cytogenet Genome Res 2008;122:181-7.
- Breslow NE, Collins AJ, Ritchey ML, Grigoriev YA, Peterson SM, Green DM. End stage renal disease in patients with Wilms tumor: results from the National Wilms Tumor Study Group and the United States Renal Data System. J Urol 2005;174:1972-5.
- Pelletier J, Bruening W, Li FP, Haber DA, Glaser T, Housman DE. WT1 mutations contribute to abnormal genital system development and hereditary Wilms' tumour. Nature 1991;353:431-4.
- Chao LY, Huff V, Strong LC, Saunders GF. Mutation in the PAX6 gene in twenty patients with aniridia. Hum Mutat 2000;15:332-9.
- Pritchard-Jones K, Fleming S, Davidson D, Bickmore W, Porteous D, Gosden C, et al. The candidate Wilms' tumour gene is involved in genitourinary development. Nature 1990;346:194-7.
- Xu PX, Zhang X, Heaney S, Yoon A, Michelson AM, Maas RL. Regulation of Pax6 expression is conserved between mice and flies. Development 1999;126:383-95.
- Pinna A, Carta A, Mannazzu MC, Dore S, Balata A, Carta F. WAGR syndrome with deletion of chromosome 11p11.2-13. J AAPOS 2004;8:396-7.
- Han JC, Liu QR, Jones M, Levinn RL, Menzie CM, Jefferson-George KS, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and obesity in the WAGR syndrome. N Engl J Med 2008;359:918-27.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2016 "Identification of 1p36 deletion syndrome in patients with facial dysmorphism and developmental delay" Korean journal of pediatrics 59 (1): 16~23
- 2017 "Genetic and clinical characteristics of Korean patients with neurofibromatosis type 2" Journal of genetic medicine 14 (2): 56~61
- 2017 "Identification of two novel Duchenne muscular dystrophies mutations in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy" Journal of genetic medicine 14 (2): 75~79
- 2017 "Novel heterozygous MCCC1 mutations identified in a patient with 3-methylcrotonyl-coenzyme A carboxylase deficiency" Journal of genetic medicine 14 (1): 23~26
- 2018 "A novel mutation in XLRS1 gene in X-linked juvenile retinoschisis" Journal of genetic medicine 15 (1): 13~16
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기