Columellar reconstruction: a refinement of technique
The nose is an important landmark of the face and its shape and beauty is of significant concern. The columella is the subunit between the two nostrils that provides support and projection to the nasal tip and has functional role in nostrils, as well as aesthetic. Ethiology for columellar absence or deficiency is diverse, and it is one of the most complex nasal subunits to reconstruct because of its narrow horizontal dimension, its tenuous vascularity and limited availability of adjacent tissue. We present a patient with columellar, membranous septum and upper lip defect, due to oncological resection. The lip reconstruction was designed using advancement of two upper lip edges with the technique of webster perialar/nasocheek advancement. However, the perialar/nasocheek tissue which is usually discarded was used as inferiorly based skin flaps to reconstruct the membranous septum, columellar skin and nasal vestibule lining. Rib cage cartilage graft was used as columellar strut for support. At 1-year follow-up, the patient has good nasal contour and projection. Scaring of the columella is very subtle. This is a versatile way for successful reconstruction of a columella and large central facial defect in one-stage operation. It is a method which provides very satisfactory aesthetic result with minimum patient morbidity and discomfort.
- Ayhan M, Sevin A, Aytug Z, Gorgu M, Erdogan B. Reconstruction of congenital and acquired columellar defects: clinical review of 38 patients. J Craniofac Surg 2007;18:1500-3.
- Benito-Ruiz J, Raigosa M, Yoon TS. Columella reconstruction using a free flap from the first web space of the foot. Ann Plast Surg 2012;69:279-82.
- Smith V, Papay FA. Surgical options in columellar reconstruction. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1999;120:947-51.
- Jayaratne YS, Zwahlen RA, Htun SY, Butow KW. Columella pressure necrosis: a method of surgical reconstruction and its long-term outcome. BMJ Case Rep 2014;2014. pii: bcr2013203132.
- Teltzrow T, Arens A, Schwipper V. One-stage reconstruction of nasal defects: evaluation of the use of modified auricular composite grafts. Facial Plast Surg 2011;27:243-8.
- Burm JS. Reconstruction of the nasal tip including the columella and soft triangle using a mastoid composite graft. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2006;59:253-6.
- Ozkus I, Cek DI, Ozkus K. The use of bifid nasolabial flaps in the reconstruction of the nose and columella. Ann Plast Surg 1992;29:461-3.
- Nicolai JP. Reconstruction of the columella with nasolabial flaps. Head Neck Surg 1982;4:374-9.
- Jayarajan R. Total columella reconstruction using nasocheek flap and septal cartilage graft. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2015;3:e559.
- Akbas H, Keskin M, Guneren E, Eroglu L, Demir A. Reconstruction of columella, membranous septum, and upper lip in a single stage operation. Br J Plast Surg 2003;56:291-2.
- Agrawal KS, Shrotriya R, Pabari M. An innovative technique for columellar reconstruction using 'flip-over' buccal mucosa flap. J Clin Diagn Res 2016;10:PD05-6.
- Baker SR, Swanson NA. Oblique forehead flap for total reconstruction of the nasal tip and columella. Arch Otolaryngol 1985;111:425-9.
- Gucer T. Retroauricular prefabricated chondrofasciocutaneous flap for reconstruction of the columella. Plast Reconstr Surg 2002;109:1090-3.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기