The actuation equation of macro-fiber composite coupled plate and its active control over the vibration of plate and shell
Plate and shell structure is widely applied in engineering, i.e. building roofs, aircraft wings, ship platforms, and satellite solar arrays. Its vibration problem has become increasingly prominent due to the tendency of lightening, upsizing and flexibility. As a new smart material with great actuating force and toughness, macro-fiber composite (MFC) is composed of piezoelectric fiber and epoxy resin basal body, which can be directly pasted onto the surface of plate and shell and is suitable for vibration control. This paper deduces the actuation equation of MFC coupled plate in different boundary conditions, an equivalent finite element modeling method is proposed which uses MFC actuating force as the applied excitation, and on this basis the active control simulation and experiment of MFC over plate and shell structure vibration are accomplished. The results indicate that MFC is able to implement effective control over plate and shell structure vibration in multi-band range. The comparison between experiment and simulation proves that the actuation equation deduced herein, effective and practicable, can be applied into the simulation calculation of MFC vibration control over plate and shell structure.
- Bilgen, O., Erturk, A. and Inman, D.J. (2010), "Analytical and experimental characterization of macro-fiber composite actuated thin clamped-free unimorph benders", J. Vib. Acoust., 132(5), 051005.
- Deraemaeker, A., Nasser, H., Benjeddou, A. and Preumont, A. (2009), "Mixing rules for thepiezoelectric properties of macro fiber composites", J. Intel. Mat. Syst. Str., 20(12), 1475-1482.
- Kim, H.S., Sohn, J.S. and Choi, S.B. (2011), "Vibration control of a cylindrical shell structure using macro fiber composite actuators", Mech. Based. Des. Struc., 39(4), 491-506.
- Kumar, G.V., Raja, S., Prasanna, K.B. and Sudha V. (2012), "Finite element analysis and vibration control of a deep composite cylindrical shell using MFC actuators", Smart Mater. Res., http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2012/513271.
- Kwak, M.K., Heo, S. and Jeong, M. (2009), "Dynamic modeling and active vibration controller design for a cylindrical shell equipped with piezoelectric sensors and actuators", J. Sound Vib., 321(3-5), 510-524.
- Ma, G., Xu, M., An, Z., Wu, C. and Miao, W. (2016), "Active vibration control of an axially moving cantilever structure using MFC", Int. J. Appl. Eelectrom., 52(3), 967-974.
- Prasath, S.S. and Arockiarajan, A. (2013), "Effective electromechanical response of macro-fiber composite (MFC): analytical and numerical models", Int. J. Mech. Sci., 77(77), 98-106.
- Prasath, S.S. and Arockiarajan, A. (2014), "Analytical, numerical and experimental predictions of the effective electromechanical properties of macro-fiber composite (MFC)", Sensor Actuat A-Phys., 214(4), 31-44.
- Sohn, J.W. and Choi, S.B. (2014), "Active vibration control of a cylindrical structure using flexible piezoactuators: experimental work in air and water environments", Smart Mater. Struct., 23(11), 117002(9pp).
- Steiger, K. and Mokry, P. (2015), "Finite element analysis of the Macro Fiber Composite actuator: Macroscopic elastic and piezoelectric properties and active control thereof by means of negative capacitance shunt circuit", Smart Mater. Struct., 24(2), 25-51.
- Williams, R.B., Park, G., Inman, D.J. and Wilkie, W.K. (2002), "An overview of composite actuators with piezoceramic fibers", Proceedings of the 20th International Modal Analysis Conference, Los Angles, United States, February.
- Yi, G., Liu, Y. and Leng, J. (2011), "Active vibration control of basic structures using macro fiber composites", Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, California, United States, March.
- Zhang, S.Q., Li Y.X. and Schmidt, R. (2015), "Modeling and simulation ofmacro-fiber composite layered smart structures", Compos. Struct., 126, 89-100.
- Zhao, J., Man, X., Xue, X., Sun, Q. and Zhang, L. (2014), "Numerical research on electro-elastic properties of the macro fiber composite (MFC) actuators", Int. J. Appl. Eelectrom., 45 (1), 409-415.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기