PNF 하지패턴이 편마비 환자의 반대편 하지 측부 근육 활성도에 미치는 영향
The Effect of Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Exercise Patterns Targeting the Lower Extremity on Lateral Muscle Activity of the Opposite Lower Extremity in Chronic Hemiplegia Patients
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to investigate the influence of opposite lower extremity lateral muscle activation by proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) exercise targeting the lower extremities. Methods: Nineteen patients with chronic hemiplegia volunteered to participate in this study. PNF flexion, abduction, and internal rotation patterns; initial, end range, and extension patterns; abduction and internal rotation patterns; and initial and end range patterns were applied to the dominant lower extremity. Activation of lateral muscles (multifidus, gluteus medius, tensor fascia lata, and peroneous longus) of the paralyzed leg was then measured by electromyography (EMG). Results: There were significant differences in lateral muscle activation, depending on the PNF pattern applied, with the differences more significant in flexion, abduction, internal rotation, and end range patterns. Conclusion: PNF flexion, abduction, and internal rotation patterns can improve lateral muscle activation of one leg in the standing position in the gait cycle.
- Adler S, Beckers D, Buck M. PNF in practice: an illustrated guide. Heidelberg. Springer. 2000.
- Balasubramanian CK, Bowden MG, Neptune RR, et al. Relationship between step length asymmetry and walking performance in subjects with chronic hemiparesis. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2007;88(1):43-49.
- Choi GY, Geong HY, Maeng GC. The effect of the PNF pattern combined with whole-body vibration on muscle strength, balance, and gait in patients with stroke hemiplegia. Journal of the Korean Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Association. 2017;15(2):185-194.
- Chumanov ES, Wall-Scheffl er C, Heiderscheir BC. Gender differences in walking and running on level and inclined surfaces. Clinical Biomechanics (Bristol, Avon). 2008;23: 1260-1268.
- Farthing JP, Borowsky R, Chilibeck PD. Neurophysiological adaptations associated with cross-education of strength. Brain Topography. 2007;20(2):77-88.
- Geiger RA, Allen JB, O'Keefe J, et al. Balance and mobility following stroke: effects of physical therapy interventions with and without biofeedback/forceplate training. Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 2001;81(4):995-1005.
- Gottschalk F, Kourosh S, Leveau B. The functional anatomy of tensor fasciae latae and gluteus medius and minimus. Journal of Anatomy. 1989;166(1):179-189.
- Hodges PW, Richardson CA. Contraction of the abdominal muscles associated with movement of the lower limb. Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 1997a;77(2):132-142.
- Hodges PW, Richardson CA. Feedforward contraction of transversus abdominus is not influenced by the direction of arm movement. Experimental Brain Research. 1997b;114(2):362-70.
- Holt RR, Simpson D, Jenner JR, et al. Ground reaction force after a sideways push as a measure of balance in recovery from stroke. Clinical Rehabilitation. 2000;14(1):88-95.
- Huxham FE, Goldie PA, Patla AE. Theoretical considerations in balance assessment. Australian Journal of Physiotherapy. 2001;47(2):89-100.
- Jeong WS, Park SK, Park JH, et al. Effect of PNF combination patterns on muscle activity of the lower extremities and gait ability in stroke patients. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association. 2012;12(1):318-328.
- Kabat H. Central mechanisms for recovery of neuromuscular function. Science. 1960;112(2897):23-24.
- Kendal FP, McCreary EK, Provance PG, et al. Muscles: testing and function with posture and pain, 5th ed. Philadelphia. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2005.
- Kim BG, Son JH. The effect of tensor fasciea latae lengthon the rotation of pelvic during one leg stance. Korean Journal of orthopedic manual therapy. 2009;15(2):63-68.
- Kim CS. The effects of lower extremity muscle strengthening exercise and treadmill walking exercise on the gait and balance of stroke patients. Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 2011;23(3):405-408.
- Kim EJ, Hwang BY, Kim JH. The effect of core strength exercises on balance and walking in patient with stroke. The Journal Korean Society of Physical Therapy. 2009;21(4):17-22.
- Kim HG. Comparison of muscle activity in the contralateral lower extremity from the PNF arm pattern and leg pattern. Journal of the Korean Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Association. 2017;15(2):177-183.
- Kwak SK, Ki Kl, Kim DY, et al. The effects of proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation applied to the lifting on the EMG activation of contralateral lower eExtremity. Journal of the Korean Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Association. 2012;10(4):25-31.
- Lord SE, Rochester L, Weatherall M, et al. The effect of environment and task on gait parameters after stroke: a randomized comparison of measurement conditions. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2006;87(7):967-973.
- Marchetti GF, Whitney SI, Blatt PJ, et al. Temporal and spatial characteristics of gait during performance of the dynamic gait index in people with and people without balance or vestibular disorders. Physical Therapy. 2008;88(5):640-651.
- Mulier T, Piennar H, Dereymaeker G, et al. The management of chronic achilles tendon ruptures: gastrocnemius turndown flap with or without flexor hallucis longus transfer. journal of foot ankle surgery. 2003;9(3):151-156.
- Mumma CM. Perceived losses following stroke. Rehabilitation nursing journal. 1986;11(3):19-24.
- Myer T. Anatomy trains, 3rd ed. London. Churchill Livingstone. 2014.
- Neumann DA, Soderberg GL, Cook TM. Comparison of maximal isometric hip abductor muscle torques between hip sides. Physical Therapy. 1988;68(4):496-502.
- Neumann DA. Kinesiology of the musculoskeletal system. Saint Louis. Mosby Inc. 2002.
- Page P, Frank C, Lardner R. Assessment and treatment of muscle imbalance: the Janda approach. Chelsea. Sheridan Books. 2010.
- Park IS, Lee SY. Effects proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation leg patterns on activity of gluteus medius at opposite side. Journal of the Korean Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Association. 2016;14(3):195-202.
- Park TJ, Park HK, Kim JM. The effects of PNF arm patterns on activation of leg muscles according to open and closed kinetic chains. Journal of the Krean Society of Physical Medicine. 2011;6(2):215-223
- Perry J. Gait analysis. Normal and pathological function. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 1992;12(6):815.
- Seniam project management group. http://www.seniam.org. 2006.
- Song GB. Effects of lower limbs strengthening exercise and therapeutic exercise on balance and gait in patients with stroke. Daegu University. Dissertation of Master's Degree. 2012.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.21598/JKPNFA.2018.16.1.143
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기