Cat diseases diagnosed in Korea, 2015~2017
There has recently been a growing demand for pathodiagnosis to determine the cause of death in cats. We retrospectively analyzed the diseases diagnosed in cats that were submitted to Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency (APQA) in 2015~2017. Overall diagnostic rate in feline samples was 85.2% (n=104/122). Among diagnosed cases, infectious diseases (n=63) were responsible for most of the feline diseases and feline panleukopenia (n=29) were most prevalent. Highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) H5N6 was first diagnosed in cats at the end of December 2016 in the HPAI outbreaks. One case in 2015, 4 cases in 2016, and 14 cases in 2017 were associated with animal abuse, such as trauma and poisoning. These results suggest that suitable vaccination of feline infectious diseases, monitoring of the susceptible domestic animals during HPAI outbreaks, and interest on veterinary forensics to prevent and determine animal abuse are needed.
- Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency (APQA). 2017. Standard guidelines for animal diagnosis, APQA Article 142: https://www.qia.go.kr/bbd/lawAnn/viewLawWebAction.doid=151623&type=1.
- Dubey JP, Lappin MR, Kwok OCH, Mofya S, Chikweto A, Baffa A, Doherty D, Shakeri J, Macpherson CNL, Sharma RN. 2009. Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii and concurrent Bartonella spp., feline immunodeficiency virus, and feline leukemia virus infections in cats from grenada, west indies. J Parasitol 95: 1129-1133.
- Gerhold RW, Jessup DA. 2013. Zoonotic diseases associated with free-roaming cats. Zoonoses Public Health 60: 189-195.
- Ghil HM, Yoo JH, Jung WS, Chung TH, Youn HY, Hwang CY. 2009. Survey of Helicobacter infection in domestic and feral cats in Korea. J Vet Sci 10: 67-72.
- Greene CE. 2012. Infectious diseases of the dog and cat. 4th ed. Elsevier.
- Ji IB, Kim HJ, Kim WT, Seo GC. 2018. Development strategies for the companion animal industry. KREI.
- Jung JY, Lee K, Lee H, Yoon SS, So BJ, Choi EJ. 2018. A review of the cause of death of suspected animal abuse cases in Korea, 2013-2016. J Comp Path 158: 120.
- Kim HY, Kim YA, Kang S, Lee HS, Rhie HG, Ahn HJ, Nam HW, Lee SE. 2008. Prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in stray cats of Gyeonggi-do, Korea. Korean J Parasitol 46: 199-201.
- Mostl K, Egberink J, Addie D, Frymus T, Boucraut-Baralon C, Truyen U, Hartmann K, Lutz H, Gruffydd-Jones T, Radford AD, Lloret A, Pennisi MG, Hosie MJ, Marsillo F, Thiry E, Belak S, Horzinek MC. 2013. Prevention of infectious diseases in cat shelters. J Feline Med Sur 15: 546-554.
- MSD. 2018. MSD Veterinary Manual. https://www.msdvetmanual.com.
- Kim YS, Seo KW, Lee JH, Choi EW, Lee HW, Hwang CY, Shin NS, Youn HJ, Youn HY. 2009. Prevalence of Bartonella henselae and Bartonella clarridgeiae in cats and dogs in Korea. J Vet Sci 10: 85-87.
- Park HJ, Lee SE, Lee WJ, Oh JH, Maheswaran E, Seo KW, Song KH. 2014. Prevalence of Dirofilaria immitis infection in stray cats by nested PCR in Korea. Korean J Parasitol 52: 691-694.
- Shin SS, Oh DS, Ahn KS, Cho SH, Lee WJ, Na BK, Sohn WM. 2015. Zoonotic intestinal trematodes in stray cats (Felis catus) from riverside areas of the republic of Korea. Korean J Parasitol 53: 209-213.
- Song DS, An DJ, Moon HJ, Yeom MJ, Jeong HY, Jeong WS, Park SJ, Kim HK, Han SY, Oh JS, Park BK, Kim JK, Poo H, Webster RG, Jung K, Kang BK. 2011. Interspecies transmission of the canine influenza H3N2 virus to domestic cats in South Korea, 2010. J General Virol 92: 2350-2355.
- Yeh JY, Park DB, Ga AR. 2017. Evidence of Lawsonia intracellularis infections in domestic cats with intestinal disorder: A retrospective serological survey. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med 15: 37-40.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기