Axial compressive behavior of concrete-filled steel tube columns with stiffeners
In order to reduce the deformation and delay the local buckling of concrete filled steel tube (CFST) columns, strengthening the structures with stiffeners is an effective method. In this paper, a new stiffening method with inclined stiffeners was used to investigate the behaviors of short CFST columns under axial compression. Besides, a three-dimensional nonlinear finite element (FE) model was applied to simulate the mechanical performances, including the total deformation, local buckling, and stress-strain relationship. Revised constitutive models of stiffened steel tube and confined concrete are proposed. A good agreement was achieved between the test and FE results. Furthermore, the calculated results of load capacity by using a simplified method also show a good correlation with experimental data.
- Abdel-Rahman, N. and Sivakumaran, K.S. (1997), "Material properties models for analysis of cold-formed steel members", J. Struct. Eng, 123(9), 1135-1143.
- Aslani, F., Uy, B., Tao, Z. and Mashiri, F. (2015), "Predicting the axial load capacity of high-strength concrete filled steel tubular columns", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 19(4), 967-993.
- Bambach, M.R. (2011), "Design of hollow and concrete filled steel and stainless steel tubular columns for transverse impact loads", Thin Wall. Struct., 49(10), 1251-1260.
- Carpinteri, A. (2012), Mechanical Damage and Crack Growth in Concrete: Plastic Collapse to Brittle Fracture, Springer Science & Business Media.
- Chang, X., Fu, L., Zhao, H.-B. and Zhang, Y.-B. (2013), "Behaviors of axially loaded circular concrete-filled steel tube (CFT) stub columns with notch in steel tubes", Thin Wall. Struct., 73, 273-280.
- Chitawadagi, M.V., Narasimhan, M.C. and Kulkarni, S.M. (2010), "Axial strength of circular concrete-filled steel tube columns -DOE approach", J. Constr. Steel Res., 66(10), 1248-1260.
- Dai, X. and Lam, D. (2010), "Numerical modelling of the axial compressive behaviour of short concrete-filled elliptical steel columns", J. Constr. Steel Res., 66(7), 931-942.
- Domone, P.L. (2006), "Self-compacting concrete: An analysis of 11 years of case studies", Cem. Concrete Compos., 28(2), 197-208.
- Dundu, M. (2012), "Compressive strength of circular concrete filled steel tube columns", Thin Wall. Struct., 56, 62-70.
- Elremaily, A. and Azizinamini, A. (2002), "Behavior and strength of circular concrete-filled tube columns", J. Constr. Steel Res., 58, 1567-1591.
- Gettu, R., Bazant, Z.P. and Karr, M.E. (1990), "Fracture properties and brittleness of high-strength concrete", ACI Mater. J., 87(6), 608-618.
- Han, L.-H., Yao, G.-H. and Tao, Z. (2007), "Performance of concrete-filled thin-walled steel tubes under pure torsion", Thin Wall. Struct., 45(1), 24-36.
- Han, L.-H., Li, W. and Bjorhovde, R. (2014), "Developments and advanced applications of concrete-filled steel tubular (CFST) structures: Members", J. Constr. Steel Res., 100, 211-228.
- Huang, C. S., Yeh, Y.-K., Liu, G.-Y., Hu, H.-T., Tsai, K.C., Weng, Y.T., Wang, S.H. and Wu, M.-H. (2002), "Axial Load Behavior of Stiffened Concrete-Filled Steel Columns", J. Struct. Eng., 128(9), 1222-1230.
- Huang, H., Han, L.-H., Tao, Z. and Zhao, X.-L. (2010), "Analytical behaviour of concrete-filled double skin steel tubular (CFDST) stub columns", J. Constr. Steel Res., 66(4), 542-555.
- Lam, D., Dai, X.H., Han, L.H., Ren, Q.X. and Li, W. (2012), "Behaviour of inclined, tapered and STS square CFST stub columns subjected to axial load", Thin Wall. Struct., 54, 94-105.
- Long, Y.-L. and Cai, J. (2013), "Stress-strain relationship of concrete confined by rectangular steel tubes with binding bars", J. Constr. Steel Res., 88, 1-14.
- Nepomuceno, M.C.S., Pereira-de-Oliveira, L.A. and Lopes, S.M.R. (2014), "Methodology for the mix design of selfcompacting concrete using different mineral additions in binary blends of powders", Constr. Build. Mater., 64, 82-94.
- Okamura, H. and Ouchi, M. (1998), "Self-compacting high performance concrete", Progress in Structural Engineering and Materials, 1(4), 378-383.
- Petrus, C., Abdul Hamid, H., Ibrahim, A. and Parke, G. (2010), "Experimental behaviour of concrete filled thin walled steel tubes with tab stiffeners", J. Constr. Steel Res., 66(7), 915-922.
- Ren, Q.X., Hou, C., Lam, D. and Han, L.H. (2014), "Experiments on the bearing capacity of tapered concrete filled double skin steel tubular (CFDST) stub columns", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 17(5), 667-686.
- Siddique, R. (2013), "Compressive strength, water absorption, sorptivity, abrasion resistance and permeability of selfcompacting concrete containing coal bottom ash", Constr. Build. Mater., 47, 1444-1450.
- Su, N., Hsu, K.-C. and Chai, H.-W. (2001), "A simple mix design method for self-compacting concrete", Cem. Concrete Res., 31, 1799-1807.
- Tao, Z., Han, L.-H. and Wang, Z.-B. (2005), "Experimental behaviour of stiffened concrete-filled thin-walled hollow steel structural (HSS) stub columns", J. Constr. Steel Res., 61(7), 962-983.
- Tao, Z., Han, L.-H. and Wang, D.-Y. (2007), "Experimental behaviour of concrete-filled stiffened thin-walled steel tubular columns", Thin Wall. Struct., 45(5), 517-527.
- Tao, Z., Uy, B., Han, L.-H. and Wang, Z.-B. (2009), "Analysis and design of concrete-filled stiffened thin-walled steel tubular columns under axial compression", Thin Wall. Struct., 47(12), 1544-1556.
- Tao, Z., Wang, Z.-B. and Yu, Q. (2013), "Finite element modelling of concrete-filled steel stub columns under axial compression", J. Constr. Steel Res., 89, 121-131.
- Topcu, I.B., Bilir, T. and Uygunoglu, T. (2009), "Effect of waste marble dust content as filler on properties of self-compacting concrete", Constr. Build. Mater., 23(5), 1947-1953.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기