Static behaviour of bolted shear connectors with mechanical coupler embedded in concrete
The research of shear connectors composed from mechanical couplers with rebar anchors, embedded in concrete, and steel bolts, as a mean of shear transfer in composite connections is presented in the paper. Specific issues related to this type of connections are local concrete pressure in the connector vicinity as well as the shear flow along the connector axis. The experimental research included 18 specimens, arranged in 5 series. Nonlinear numerical analyses using Abaqus software was conducted on corresponding FE models. Different failure modes were analysed, with emphasis on concrete edge failure and bolt shear failure. The influence of key parameters on the behaviour of shear connector was examined: (1) concrete compression strength, (2) bolt tensile strength and diameter and (3) concrete edge distance. It is concluded that bolted shear connectors with mechanical couplers have sufficient capacity to be used as shear connectors in composite structures and that their behaviour is similar to the behaviour of post installed anchors as well as other types of connectors anchored without the head.
- CEB-FIP Model code (1993), Design of concrete structures, CEBFIP model code 1990; Thomas Telford; London, UK.
- CEB-FIP (2011), Design of Anchorages in Concrete (fib Bulletin 58), International Federation for Structural Concrete (fib); Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Dallam L.N. (1968), "High strength bolts shear connectors -pushout tests", ACI J. Proc., 65(9), 767-769.
- Dedic, D.J. and Klaiber, W.F. (1984), "High-strength bolts as shear connectors in rehabilitation work", Concrete Int., 6(7), 41-46.
- Dai, X.H., Lam, D. and Saveri, E. (2015), "Effect of concrete strength and stud collar size to shear capacity of demountable shear connectors", J. Struct. Eng., 141(11), 04015025, 1-10.
- ECCS (1985), ECCS Publication No 38 - European Recommendations for Bolted Connections in structural steelwork, ECCS, Brussels, Belgium.
- Eurocode 0 (2002), Basis of structural design, European Committee for Standardization (CEN); Brussels, Belgium.
- Eurocode 2 (2004), Design of concrete structures. Part 1.1: General rules and rules for buildings, European Committee for Standardization (CEN); Brussels, Belgium.
- Eurocode 3 (2005), Design of steel structures. Part 1.8: Design of joints, European Committee for Standardization (CEN); Brussels, Belgium.
- Eurocode 4 (2004), Design of composite steel and concrete structures. Part 1.1: General rules and rules for buildings, European Committee for Standardization (CEN); Brussels, Belgium.
- Hallmark R. (2012), "Prefabricated composite bridges - a study of dry deck joints", Licentiate Thesis; Lulea University of Technology, Lulea, Sweden.
- Hawkins, N. (1987), "Strength in shear and tension of cast-inplace anchor bolts", Anchorage Concrete, SP-103, 233-255.
- Grosser, P. (2012), "Load-bearing behavior and design of anchorages subjected to shear and torsion loading in uncracked concrete", Ph.D. Dissertation; Institut fur Werkstoffe im Bauwesen der Universitat Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Jankowiak, T. and Lodigowski, T. (2005), "Identification of parameters of concrete damage plasticity constitutive model", Found. Civil Environ. Eng., 6(1), 53-69.
- Kwon, G. (2008), "Strengthening existing steel bridge girders by the use of post-installed shear connectors", Ph.D. Dissertation; The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA.
- Lam, D. and El-Lobody, E. (2005), "Behavior of headed stud shear connectors in composite beam", J. Struct. Eng., 131(1), 96-108.
- Lam, D., Dai, X. and Saveri, E. (2013), "Behaviour of demountable shear connectors in steel-concrete composite beams", Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Composite Construction in Steel and Concrete, Palm Cove, Australia, July.
- Lam, D., Dai, X., Ashour, A. and Rahman, N. (2017), "Recent research on composite beams with demountable shear connectors", Steel Constr. Des. Res., 10(2), 125-134.
- Marshall, W.T., Nelson, H.M. and Banerjee, H.K. (1971), "An experimental study of the use of high-strength friction-grip bolts as shear connectors in composite beams", Struct. Eng., 49(4), 171-178.
- Milosavljevic B. (2014), "Theoretical and experimental research of the behaviour of reinforced concrete and steel element connection by rebar couplers", Ph.D. Dissertation; University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Nguyen H.T. and Kim, S.E. (2009), "Finite element modelling of push-out tests for large stud shear connectors", J. Constr. Steel Res., 65(10-11), 1909-1920.
- Oehlers, D.J. (1980), "Stud shear connectors for composite beams", Ph.D. Dissertation; University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK.
- Okada J., Teruhiko, Y. and Lebet, J.P. (2006), "A study of the grouped arrangements of stud connectors on shear strength behaviour", Struct. Eng./Earthq. Eng., 23(1), 75s-89s.
- Ollgaard, J.G., Slutter, R.G. and Fisher, J.W. (1971), "Shear strength of stud connectors in lightweight and normalweight concrete", Eng. J. Amer. Inst. Steel Constr., 8(2), 55-64.
- Pallares L. and Hajjar, J.F. (2010), "Headed steel stud anchors in composite structures, part I: shear", J. Constr. Steel Res., 66(2), 198-212.
- Pathirana, S.W., Uy, B., Mirza, O. and Zhu, X. (2016), "Bolted and welded connectors for rehabilitation of composite beams", J. Constr. Steel Res., 125, 61-73.
- Pavlovic, M., Markovic, Z., Veljkovic, M. and Budjevac, D. (2013), "Bolted shear connectors vs. headed studs behaviour in push-out tests", J. Constr. Steel Res., 88, 134-149.
- Pavlovic, M. and Veljkovic, M. (2017), "FE validation of push-out tests", Steel Constr. Des. Res., 10(2), 135-144.
- Shim, C.S., Lee, P.G., Kim, D.W. and Chung, C.H. (2008), "Effects of group arrangement on the ultimate strength of stud shear connection", Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Composite Construction in Steel and Concrete, Tabernash, CO, USA, July.
- Spremic, M. (2013), "The analysis of headed studs group behavior in composite steel-concrete beam", Ph.D. Dissertation; University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Spremic, M., Pavlovic, M., Markovic, Z., Veljkovic, M. and Budjevac, D. (2018), "FE validation of the equivalent diameter calculation model for grouped headed studs", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 26(3), 375-386.
- Xu, C., Sugiura, K., Wu, C. and Su, Q. (2012), "Parametrical static analysis on group studs with typical push-out tests", J. Constr. Steel Res., 72, 84-96.
- Xue, D., Liu, Y., Yu, Z. and He, J. (2012), "Static behavior of multi-stud shear connectors for steel-concrete composite bridge", J. Constr. Steel Res., 74, 1-7.
- Yang, F., Liu, Y., Jiang, Z. and Xin, H. (2018), "Shear performance of a novel demountable steel-concrete bolted connector under static push-out tests", Eng. Struct., 160, 133-146.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기