A new cable force identification method considering cable flexural rigidity
Cables are the main load-bearing members of prestressed structure and other tensegrity structures. Based on the static equilibrium principle, a new cable force identification method considering cable flexural rigidity is proposed. Its computational formula is derived and the strategy to solve its implicit formula is introduced as well. In order to improve the reliability and practicality of this method, the influence of the cable flexural rigidity on cable force identification accuracy is also investigated. Through cable force identification experiments, the relationships among certain parameters including jacking force, jacking displacement, initial cable force, and sectional area (flexural rigidity) are studied. The results show that the cable force calculated by the proposed method considering flexural rigidity is in good agreement with the finite element results and experimental results. The proposed method with high computational accuracy and resolution efficiency can avoid the influences of the boundary condition and the length of the cable on calculation accuracy and is proven to be conveniently applied to cable force identification in practice.
- Amabili M., Carra S., Collini L., Garziera R. and Panno A. (2010), "Estimation of tensile force in tie-rods using a frequency-based identification method", J. Sound Vibr., 329(11), 2057-2067.
- Ceballos M.A. and Prato C.A. (2008), "Determination of the axial force on stay cables accounting for their bending stiffness and rotational end restraints by free vibration tests", J. Sound Vibr., 317(1), 127-141.
- Chen L.M, Zhou Y.Y. and Dong S.L. (2015), "Overall self-stress modes analysis and optimal prestress design of the Kiewitt dome", J. Int. Assoc. Shell Spat. Struct., 56(2), 113-123.
- Kaveh A. and Rezaei M. (2015), "Optimum topology design of geometrically nonlinear suspended domes using ECBO", Struct. Eng. Mech., 56(4), 667-694.
- Kim S. and Kang Y.J. (2016), "Structural behavior of cable-stayed bridges after cable failure", Struct. Eng. Mech., 59(6), 1095-1120.
- Park D.U. and Kim N.S. (2014), "Back analysis technique for tensile force on hanger cables of a suspension bridge", J. Vibr. Contr., 20(5), 761-772.
- Rebelo, C., Julio, E., Varum, H. and Costa, A. (2010), "Cable tensioning control and modal identification of a circular cablestayed footbridge", Exp. Technol., 34(4), 62-68.
- Russell, J.C. and Lardner, T.J. (1998), "Experimental determination of frequencies and tension for elastic cables", J. Eng. Mach., 124(10), 1067-1072.
- Shu, Y.J., Chen, W.M. and Wu, J. (2013), "Embedding technology of Fiber Bragg Grating strain sensor for cable tension monitor", Proceedings of the SPIE-The International Society for Optical Engineering, Beijing, China, December.
- Sim, S.H., Li, J., Jo, H., Park, J.W., Cho, S., Spencer Jr, B. and Jung, H.J. (2014), "A wireless smart sensor network for automated monitoring of cable tension", Smart Mater. Struct., 23(2), 025006.
- Tang, D., Zhu, H., Mou, J. and Wu, M. (2014), "Research on the temperature influence and compensation technique in a magneto-elastic cable tension sensor", Int. J. Sens. Netw., 16(4), 236-243.
- Tian G.Y., Guo Y.L., Zhang B.H. and Wang K. (2013), "Research on error of a cable force estimation method for spoke structural roofs", Eng. Mech., 30(3), 126-132.
- Wang, J., Liu, W.Q., Wang, L. and Han, X. (2015), "Estimation of main cable tension force of suspension bridges based on ambient vibration frequency measurements", Struct. Eng. Mech., 56(6), 939-957.
- Wang, L., Wu, B., Gao, J.Y. and Wang, F. (2013), "Tension identification of in-service cable by static equilibrium method", J. Chongqing Univ., 36(8), 125-132.
- Xia, Q., Wu, J.J., Zhu, X.W. and Zhang, J. (2017), "Experimental study of vibration characteristics of FRP cables based on Long- Gauge strain", Struct. Eng. Mech., 63(6), 735-742.
- Zhang, Y.X., Li, G.Q., Liu, H.C. (2006), "Cable force identification of beam string structures based on static measuring methods", Spec. Struct., 23(4), 54-55.
- Zhu, Z.Y., Sun, G.M., Wu, B., He, C., Li, Y., Liu, X. and Wu, D. (2018), "A temperature compensation method for magnetoelastic tension sensor in rod-like structure tension measurement", IEEE Trans. Mag., 54(4), 1-16.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기